• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So is no one gonna take me up on this?
Bringing back the MvC4 talk huh? I did make a few changes here but let me know what you think and I may make some more adjustments.
Black Panther
Black Widow
Cable
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel (Kamela Khan)
Daredevil
Deadpool
Doc Ock
Doctor Doom
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Falcon
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man (alt. War Machine)
Juggernaut
Loki
Magneto
Mr. Fantastic (assisted by the rest of the Fantasic 4)
Phoenix
Rocket Raccoon/Groot
Scarlet Witch
Sentinel
Spider-Man (alt. character Spider-Man 2099)
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Storm
Taskmaster
Thanos
Thor
Ultron
Venom
Wasp
Wolverine
Amaterasu
Arthur
Akuma
Asura
Captain Commando
Chris Redfield (alt. Leon Kennedy)
Chun-Li
Dante
Dr. Wily
Felicia
Firebrand
Frank West
Guile
Hsein-Ko
Jedah
Jill Valentine
M. Bison
Mega Man (MM11)
Mike Haggar
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nathan Spencer
Nemesis
Nero
Phoenix Wright (alt. Apollo Justice)
Roll (MM11)
Ryu
Sakura
Sigma
Strider Hiryu
Tron Bonne
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
X
Zero

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Realistically speaking, it is quite unlikely to happen and I don't expect it to happen. What I do expect is for them to back fan favorites like the X-men.
yeah the basics i just hope the roster is less MCU focused because that's what made them fun in the first place

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
God. I really want an 80 character Marvel.

Just don’t make Miles a separate character damn it! Such a wasted slot. Just make him a skin with changed dialogue like Injustice 2.
I have that for Spider-Man 2099 already, plus Miles is capable of being different from Peter with his fighting style, proportions and his invisibility and venom strikes.

Last edited:

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
New stuff from Verge was posted at Gamefaqs https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77723784?jumpto=12#12

Seems to be a fun month ahead of us. Credit to NoOtherPersona NoOtherPersona for sharing it.
YEAH BOY, IT'S TIME FOR A SATURDAY NIGHT...

Ah, good ol' Vergey-boy. The guy who had the whole world with Smash, and yet to fall the same way he got up. Look, I really don't like to **** on the guy, but ever since VGAs - to combine his already-shaky cred aside from base Smash - it seems like the End of Evangelion.

"Just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling doooown…"

So, let's go over what my main points of contention are. I'm not gonna go over every single point, but I wanna just comment on the ones that are immediate red flags. First off, the safe bets. In regards to Janemba in DBFZ, that had already been leaked out by itself, so just saying when the trailer is gonna be during E3 doesn't hold a strong point. It's like saying there'll be a Halo Infinite trailer at E3, WATCH OUT EVERYONE, THE GUNS BE BLAZIN'!

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD and Pikmin 3 are honestly just piggybacking off of what so many insiders have been saying. We KEEP on hearing those games are coming, but it's always a factor of WHEN. We already have info thanks to Spawn Wave and NateDrake that the Metroid Prime Trilogy has already been completed before the VGAs, Nintendo just doesn't know when to put it out, it seems like, so that point really is sort of mute.

This also goes for the same thing for Resident Evil 3 Remake. We keep on hearing about it, but we don't know WHEN they'll announce it. And to be honest, it took them quite a while before saying Resident Evil 2 Remake was a thing, so with it JUST coming out this year in January, I really don't think we're gonna hear about it for a while. RE2 Remake hasn't even been out for a half of a year.

Now, here are some things that I DEFINITELY ain't gonna buy for a second. Let's talk about Marvel VS. Capcom 4, which real talk, ain't happening for a long time. It's honestly become a meme, at this point. Yeah, we now finally have the Fox Deal done with and Capcom can use the X-Men, and it's shown with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, but with how much of a setback Infinite was for Capcom, and even Marvel and Disney, why would Capcom go up to those two again and think the two will be down for throwing more money after what happened with Infinite? Now normally this wouldn't have been the main detracting point, but I wonder why there were 4 Marvel characters and 2 Capcom characters for DLC, at the same time.

And even taking account with Street Fighter VI, it JUST had Arcade Edition alongside their season passes. Oddly enough, to give credit where credit is due, currently there seems to be SOMETHING in the works, if we're going off of a theory Maxmillian Dood and the others have, in regards to Capcom and their fighting game's future have been a huge topic of debate even amongst the FGC, be it Maximillian Dood's stream or otherwise, and I highly recommend looking into Max's most recent real talk on the topic.

Now, I'll say something that is totally a bogus call as in, "yeah, we KNOW this", and that's Ori coming to Switch. There has already been a UK wholesale database leak for it, so I see this being honestly just another safe bet and trying to cling on what PolarPanda and NateDrake have in terms of the Microsoft rumor train. Also, I was wrong about the leak coming from Australia, so my apologies. I also feel Viewtiful Joe 3 is just a random call to connect the dots with what PlatinumGames' current plans are, and with how really, it's an Okami-level franchise, I can only see a HD re-release of 1 & 2. I don't think with the current climate, a third one would be on the horizon.

Monster Hunter for Switch can honestly go either way, but if you ask me, it seems as if the current mindset and train that Capcom has currently for ANYTHING MH-related would be World. They're making Iceborne such a BIG deal and it's become their most successful game yet. If anything, I think a cloud version or port of Monster Hunter World coming to Switch would be the route to go, instead of making an ENTIRELY NEW Monster Hunter. There was a reason Capcom ported Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate to Switch, after all.

Those are my thoughts going into this, since the rest of it just feels like "I've heard... something I've heard". It honestly just feels like a bunch of calls all at once to try and see what sticks in another attempt to try and save some more face after the Erdrick call and VGAs.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm imagining it, and it's stupid.

I don't want Ruby Heart or Amingo or Cyber Akuma or Dhalsim or Bone Claw Wolverine or Red Venom or War Machine...

Or Gold War Machine.
Too bad
That's the price to pay for "everyone is here". You're getting those filler characters and you'll forcibly like them.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alright. Here's number 8 of my Top 10 Favorite Anime List.
*This review covers Season 1. I haven't caught up on Season 2, but I am aware of the apparent drop in quality

One Punch Man, on its premise alone, is absolutely brilliant. It's simple: Saitama (the One Punch Man) is super strong, super fast, and can fly. He also destroys everyone and everything in one punch. Put someone as strong as him in a battle shonen anime and you've turned the entire genre on its head.

One Punch Man (OPM) isn't just satisfied with just turning the genre tropes on their head. No, not until everything within the backwards world it sets up has been explored. Compared to conventional heroes, who worry about training and becoming stronger, Saitama worries about store sales, and killing bugs flying around his apartment. He's a C-Rank hero due to the bureaucracy of how heroes work despite him being the strongest hero in existence. There are plenty of standard-fare heroes in this world, and the contrast between them and Saitama leads to some great interactions, both humorous and emotional. I would say that the way OPM handles differences in power level between characters is almost masterful. Despite being hilariously overpowered, Saitama never comes off as an instant win button, except when used humorously, and other, supporting characters have legitimate conflicts and story arcs. More than differences in power level, OPM has a way of blending comedy with emotional moments to create a fulfilling watch from beginning to end. Yet, despite it being unconventional for its genre, One Punch Man is still packed with great fights and equally great animation to go along with it. If you're looking for action, there is a lot to be had here, and all of it is good.

I have a good friend who pretty much hates anime. He likes this show. If that doesn't say anything, I don't know what does.

Coming up: #7
I'm writing these in the order they're suggested. Anyone can choose a number 1-11 excluding 4, 7, 8, and 9. The Letters H and T may also be chosen.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I have that for Spider-Man 2099 already, plus Miles is capable of being different from Peter with his fighting style, proportions and his invisibility and venom strikes.
miles can be interesting enough if they put in the work for him but since he's really popular now i can't see them not jumping on this same with spider-gewn

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bringing back the MvC4 talk huh? I did make a few changes here but let me know what you think and I may make some more adjustments.
Black Panther
Black Widow
Cable
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel (Kamela Khan)
Daredevil
Deadpool
Doc Ock
Doctor Doom
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Falcon
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man (alt. War Machine)
Juggernaut
Loki
Magneto
Mr. Fantastic (assisted by the rest of the Fantasic 4)
Phoenix
Rocket Raccoon/Groot
Scarlet Witch
Sentinel
Spider-Man (alt. character Spider-Man 2099)
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Storm
Taskmaster
Thanos
Thor
Ultron
Venom
Wasp
Wolverine
Amaterasu
Arthur
Akuma
Asura
Captain Commando
Chris Redfield (alt. Leon Kennedy)
Chun-Li
Dante
Dr. Wily
Felicia
Firebrand
Frank West
Guile
Hsein-Ko
Jedah
Jill Valentine
M. Bison
Mega Man (MM11)
Mike Haggar
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nathan Spencer
Nemesis
Nero
Phoenix Wright (alt. Apollo Justice)
Roll (MM11)
Ryu
Sakura
Sigma
Strider Hiryu
Tron Bonne
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
X
Zero
>No Augus

1/10 (1 because Rocket is in it).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
YEAH BOY, IT'S TIME FOR A SATURDAY NIGHT...

Ah, good ol' Vergey-boy. The guy who had the whole world with Smash, and yet to fall the same way he got up. Look, I really don't like to **** on the guy, but ever since VGAs - to combine his already-shaky cred aside from base Smash - it seems like the End of Evangelion.

"Just keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling doooown…"

So, let's go over what my main points of contention are. I'm not gonna go over every single point, but I wanna just comment on the ones that are immediate red flags. First off, the safe bets. In regards to Janemba in DBFZ, that had already been leaked out by itself, so just saying when the trailer is gonna be during E3 doesn't hold a strong point. It's like saying there'll be a Halo Infinite trailer at E3, WATCH OUT EVERYONE, THE GUNS BE BLAZIN'!

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD and Pikmin 3 are honestly just piggybacking off of what so many insiders have been saying. We KEEP on hearing those games are coming, but it's always a factor of WHEN. We already have info thanks to Spawn Wave and NateDrake that the Metroid Prime Trilogy has already been completed before the VGAs, Nintendo just doesn't know when to put it out, it seems like, so that point really is sort of mute.

This also goes for the same thing for Resident Evil 3 Remake. We keep on hearing about it, but we don't know WHEN they'll announce it. And to be honest, it took them quite a while before saying Resident Evil 2 Remake was a thing, so with it JUST coming out this year in January, I really don't think we're gonna hear about it for a while. RE2 Remake hasn't even been out for a half of a year.

Now, here are some things that I DEFINITELY ain't gonna buy for a second. Let's talk about Marvel VS. Capcom 4, which real talk, ain't happening for a long time. It's honestly become a meme, at this point. Yeah, we now finally have the Fox Deal done with and Capcom can use the X-Men, and it's shown with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, but with how much of a setback Infinite was for Capcom, and even Marvel and Disney, why would Capcom go up to those two again and think the two will be down for throwing more money after what happened with Infinite? Now normally this wouldn't have been the main detracting point, but I wonder why there were 4 Marvel characters and 2 Capcom characters for DLC, at the same time.

And even taking account with Street Fighter VI, it JUST had Arcade Edition alongside their season passes. Oddly enough, to give credit where credit is due, currently there seems to be SOMETHING in the works, if we're going off of a theory Maxmillian Dood and the others have, in regards to Capcom and their fighting game's future have been a huge topic of debate even amongst the FGC, be it Maximillian Dood's stream or otherwise, and I highly recommend looking into Max's most recent real talk on the topic.

Now, I'll say something that is totally a bogus call as in, "yeah, we KNOW this", and that's Ori coming to Switch. There has already been a UK wholesale database leak for it, so I see this being honestly just another safe bet and trying to cling on what PolarPanda and NateDrake have in terms of the Microsoft rumor train. Also, I was wrong about the leak coming from Australia, so my apologies. I also feel Viewtiful Joe 3 is just a random call to connect the dots with what PlatinumGames' current plans are, and with how really, it's an Okami-level franchise, I can only see a HD re-release of 1 & 2. I don't think with the current climate, a third one would be on the horizon.

Monster Hunter for Switch can honestly go either way, but if you ask me, it seems as if the current mindset and train that Capcom has currently for ANYTHING MH-related would be World. They're making Iceborne such a BIG deal and it's become their most successful game yet. If anything, I think a cloud version or port of Monster Hunter World coming to Switch would be the route to go, instead of making an ENTIRELY NEW Monster Hunter. There was a reason Capcom ported Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate to Switch, after all.

Those are my thoughts going into this, since the rest of it just feels like "I've heard... something I've heard". It honestly just feels like a bunch of calls all at once to try and see what sticks in another attempt to try and save some more face after the Erdrick call and VGAs.
I'm actually gonna have to disagree with you for once.

MVC4 doesn't have to happen necessarily soon to be announced at this E3. MVCI was released over a year and a half ago; enough time for Capcom to realize that the smartest way to show their investment in reigniting their former fighting game prowess is to get back to work on MVC, one of the most acclaimed fighting franchises ever.

Why would they go back to MVC? Because it's already been shown how much profit and excitement MVC can generate, and how long-lasting it can be with it's competitive scene. Capcom's been all about correcting it's missteps lately, and MVC4 would just be the next part of that journey.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Unsurprising the SMT fan is a HERETIC
Listen if you want Dan, SonSon, Abyss, the entire original SF2 roster, and all the dumb clones like mech Zangief and DARK SAKURA. at the cost of resources for new characters that don't make me want to slam my palm through my forehead...

all the more power to you.

But I'm not looking forward to playing as ****ing SERVEBOT.

What.
WHAT THE ****.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO HIT THIS PIECE OF **** CHARACTER.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
miles can be interesting enough if they put in the work for him but since he's really popular now i can't see them not jumping on this same with spider-gewn
Also helps that I plan on having Spidey be based more off the PS4 game and incorporating some of the gadgets from that game into his moveset this time around

You do what you want for your roster. But IMO, two “Spider-Man” characters is samey and boring.
Yes because if Spider-Verse proves anything, is that every Spider-Man is the same and there’s nothing unique about any of them...

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I love how almost everyone in a Smash forum social thread started speculating about the roster of a hypothetical Marvel 4. That's what happens when you don't reveal a character in six months.

D

Deleted member

I love how almost everyone in a Smash forum social thread started speculating about the roster of a hypothetical Marvel 4. That's what happens when you don't reveal a character in six months.
Imagine the chaos if E3 only shows Erdrick.

This thread will implode more than it already has. :p

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
honestly, the roster for Marvel side of things won't interest me its Capcoms side that i'm worried about there in control on that one and i want cool picks this time around not the dude from the Bionic Commando remake that no one liked and Arthur why couldn't we get Asura or cooler Capcom picks

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"Guys, here's Edrick, now do your memes"

"Dude, we have been memeing this Gohan **** for months already"

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I used to completely not care about the Marvel side of MVC when I played UMVC3 as a kid.

These days, I think I'd be just as hyped to see what Marvel's got as Capcom in 4, with how much I enjoy the MCU and reading about the comics on Wikipedia and such.

D

Deleted member

MVC is cool and all, but y'know what I want? I want Arc System Works to make a Tales of fighting game. That would be amazing.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
it wouldn't surprise me if they did a thing were you have two move sets and just have spider-man doing electric attacks for miles
Or you know, put some effort into making the two fight completely differently from one another because Miles should be doing his own thing instead of trying to completely emulate Peter.

Probably the most likable smug ******* you'd ever meet. :grin:

Seriously though one of the seven deities in Asura's Wrath. Asura's former mentor.
Oh him, forgot his name.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
MVC is cool and all, but y'know what I want? I want Arc System Works to make a Tales of fighting game. That would be amazing.
My personal want is a JJBA Arcsys fighter.
Not even a huge JJBA fan, it'd just work...absolutely beautifully.

Though, my pipe dream want is a Danganronpa fighter.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One crossover vs. fighting game I'm surprised hadn't been done is Guilty Gear vs. BlazBlue given they're by the same people.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also helps that I plan on having Spidey be based more off the PS4 game and incorporating some of the gadgets from that game into his moveset this time around

Yes because if Spider-Verse proves anything, is that every Spider-Man is the same and there’s nothing unique about any of them...
You can’t see it but I’m giving you the stink eye. The characters literally have the same name! Devote resources to someone else who’s completely unique rather than someone who’s only kind of unique.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
One crossover vs. fighting game I'm surprised hadn't been done is Guilty Gear vs. BlazBlue given they're by the same people.
Yeah they plan on doing it... eventually like Tekken x SF, but I think they're holding off until they're done developing Blazblue's story or something.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Or you know, put some effort into making the two fight completely differently from one another because Miles should be doing his own thing instead of trying to completely emulate Peter.

Oh him, forgot his name.
to be real all the spider-men are the same with there own individual differences, in my opinion, they don't need to do any special for miles but that's just me
heck this is all hypothetical anyways so meh

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
New stuff from Verge was posted at Gamefaqs https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77723784?jumpto=12#12

Seems to be a fun month ahead of us. Credit to NoOtherPersona NoOtherPersona for sharing it.
Welp, time to start placing bets on things
  • What's legit
  • What's a load of crap
  • How many instances of backpedaling will there be
  • What things will he double, triple, and quadruple down on
  • How many times will we inevitably hear the classic "my sources are wrong spiel" regarding things he got wrong
  • How many times will GameFAQs users believe that excuse
I want to list more, but I ran out of things to think about

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
I'm actually gonna have to disagree with you for once.

MVC4 doesn't have to happen necessarily soon to be announced at this E3. MVCI was released over a year and a half ago; enough time for Capcom to realize that the smartest way to show their investment in reigniting their former fighting game prowess is to get back to work on MVC, one of the most acclaimed fighting franchises ever.

Why would they go back to MVC? Because it's already been shown how much profit and excitement MVC can generate, and how long-lasting it can be with it's competitive scene. Capcom's been all about correcting it's missteps lately, and MVC4 would just be the next part of that journey.
Oh no no, I ain't saying this is gonna happen during E3, I don't think that's EVER happened before, I believe. However, I don't really agree since I'm also going off of the video I linked, during the Marvel discussion part. While yes, MVC is prestigious and Capcom has been trying to fix up the **** ups, but when you get down to it from a development perspective, someone has to be the person to pitch a new MVC game after Infinite to the big execs and investors. And would you wanna be that guy? I think no one wants to. The quality isn't a factor at all, unfortunately, it's what the expectations and sales that are.

Hell, even if you just LOOK at Infinite, it had virtually ZERO marketing or awareness outside it's two trailers. There were even people that had no idea the game came out, apparently. That's where I'm coming from, when it comes to MVC4. Marvel, and NOW especially Disney, always have held a huge stake in these projects, so you would then also have to pitch it to them after what happened with Marvel Infinite, too.

I would LOVE to see MVC4 and for it to be an actual good game, but I truly do believe there is a 1 in 14,000,605 chance this will become an actual endeavor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom