• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This thread needs a good fun topic for once to move past today.

So let’s hear it:

What’s your favorite video game rumor or myth that was never real?

Personally I really liked the pokegods rumors and the purple coins/waluigi in super Mario 64 ds rumors.

They were pretty classic.
Purple Yoshi demo...

D

Deleted member

Ah thank goodness, I just received some great news which were really what I needed after this whole day. My mood really went up after hearing this, it's impressive how some relatively small news can improve one's mood so much. :forrest:

D

Deleted member

Read the rules, don't say "this is a social thread, you can do whatever". Because the rules say the opposite.

I.E....
"2. No image/media only posts. These types of posts should be preceded or followed by relevant text within the post and be relevant to the current discussion topic."
"4. Put effort into your posts. Please refrain from writing a post that just consists of something like "Hello, mate" or "cool bruh". This is spam and very low quality posting and will likely be warned as such. "
And farming for likes in general shouldn't be encouraged, but all too often people do it.

People control the thread by deciding what is and isn't acceptable. Labeling anyone they disagree with politically as a bigot, someone who should be neglected. It's easy to say, "oh yeah, everythings fine" within the bubble, but trust me. Offsite there are a lot of users who aren't in the thread because of people like Cla, Fay, Gwen, Shish etc. Faygo shill is a mod that gets on my *** whenever I say something that isn't acceptable within the clique.

Not all of you are groupies. And that itself can be taking itself as virtue signaling. Like honestly, what am I suppose to say? That I hate all of you? That isn't true. You yourself have had to deal with some of the SJW types I'm talking about.
If people actually did have control over the Social Thread you could bet good money that all the actual bigots would be gone but no, They aren't we still have people running around screaming that "Trans rights aren't human rights", I can respect free speech but you shouldn't have people screaming at the top of your lungs that Trans rights are not human rights or have actual TERF's running around spilling their nonsense it's to the point that you should change that said situation instead of willfully ignoring it.

No people don't have a problem with "Labeling people they disagree with as a bigot" instead there are some Actual ****ing Bigots on this site that admins willfully ignore Instead modmins decide to go and repeatedly ban something they consider "Spam" which proves your priorities to be completely wack.

What's more important and ban worthy A) An actual Bigot or B) Some ****poster? Cause from what you and most of the staff seem to imply it's the later, That's not okay at all. You have wack priorities if you honestly believe that.

This is a bad look for the site from both an outsider and insider perspective, From a user to a guest perspective and if something reaches that point you know you royally ****ed up.

Also go ahead and infract me for saying this huh? It'll only prove that I'm right.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Tbh, I kind of do feel like there a groupies here. The past few days with nonstop memes and media posts were very reminiscent of what the boards were like back in Smash 4 days. Activity like that was eventually acted upon and while a lot of users were upset about it, many just ended up following the rules and were fine. When stuff like that picked up again, it essentially killed the Smash 4 social thread.

Only now that similar stuff is occuring, we have people getting angry and insisting that there's mod conspiracies out to target certian users. As someone who was annoyed back then, it's become frustrating now becase it's like the rules have to change for some newer, popular users.
You know, I kind of regret missing the. . .incident.

1558680318582.png

I feel like there's different scenarios between the two threads though, and this one's honestly kind of worse. Smash 4 Social was simply comically spammy, while here people tend to get intensely lewd or abrasive while still mostly following the rules set post 4 crash (the four videos to a page rule has been ignored, but that rule seems to have gradually slipped over time and only comes to mind because ignoring it is torturing Opo). I don't recall the 4 Social or any of the subsequent ones I've frequented prior to this one having the same issues this one has.

The 4 Social's fallout was partially cushioned by the fact that the site had Premium gifting back then (is there any way that can be coded back in??) and the Disco room has lax spam rules, but spam rules aren't the problem or answer behind this place. There's seemingly no visible line as to what is and isn't acceptable and people get bopped for things almost at random, so when some people get hit a lot more often than others it stirs up. . .discontent.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Purple Yoshi demo...

You watch Q to? That’s one of my favorite channels. Lost media is always fascinating to learn about. I love seeing the crazy history he uncovers for stuff. This demo was a pretty interesting video too when I watched the video on it. That was a while back though.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also to avoid stuffing up this thread even more with it could someone PM me details of the accounts this person in question used

i got the jist of the situation but i'm also hearing they were considered 'regulars' which i gotta say is pretty freaky

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey everyone, as Grey said earlier, we know tensions are high and the staff truly to understands what this thread and the community is going through. I’m still feeling sick over the entire issue.

However, as important this issue is, the proper way to discuss staff/administration/the site is through the contacting us personally as well as through Forum Support. I know I sound like a rehashed PR slogan but it’s true. Reporting suspicious and antagonistic content helps us make this thread safe and better for everyone. This helps not only improve the site and thread but also the staff and administration.

We do care for everyone. We hope everyone has a better night (or day) with more positive and sunny tomorrow. If you need anyone to talk to, please, please, please contact us.

~Venus

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You watch Q to? That’s one of my favorite channels. Lost media is always fascinating to learn about. I love seeing the crazy history he uncovers for stuff. This demo was a pretty interesting video too when I watched the video on it. That was a while back though.
I've seen a few videos of his but this is the one I remember the most for obvious reasons :yoshi:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

So let’s hear it:

Personally I really liked the pokegods rumors and the purple coins/waluigi in super Mario 64 ds rumors.

Probably the Bigfoot myth from San Andreas. That was the one that introduced me to video game myths.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that today's my 1 year anniversary of joining this hellsite.
Hope I've been a valued member, if not at least tolerable.

To commemorate this event, here's Jack Frost attending a lesbian wedding.
jack frost wedding.jpg

To another year of highs, lows, and everything in-between.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Probably the Bigfoot myth from San Andreas. That was the one that introduced me to video game myths.
I never played gta but I have seen the videos on this. That’s another pretty good one.

I also remembered the whole temple of time in Majora’s mask which was pretty memorable

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Mods aren't the villains, it's the admins I'm annoyed at. I'm just like a DBZ nut yelling "QUE ******* SU MADRE LA AUTORIDAD EXCEPTO MI MAMA" kicking down signs after the ToP arc in Super
Strike down at the heavens, for the gods have no one to pray to. I gotcha.

Well if you need an extra voice to PM grievances at them, just let me know. I don't hit super hard, but I like to think that the pool noodle that is my two cents can still at least do something.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that today's my 1 year anniversary of joining this hellsite.
Hope I've been a valued member, if at least tolerable.

Wait, you joined after me? :yoshi:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
also to avoid stuffing up this thread even more with it could someone PM me details of the accounts this person in question used

i got the jist of the situation but i'm also hearing they were considered 'regulars' which i gotta say is pretty freaky
We can just move ahead laughing at what Mexican Gwen said. Mexican Gwen is me but not white, speaks Mexican and watched DBZ significantly earlier than 2017

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

HappyMegumin3.jpg

Thank you for this blessed post.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Here's a pic of Dante and Vergil you probably already have.

Dante and Vergil.jpg

You've been a bro, so it's cool you're still around.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I never played gta but I have seen the videos on this. That’s another pretty good one.

I also remembered the whole temple of time in Majora’s mask which was pretty memorable
Ay
That one was so big that Rockstar themselves had to address it and make an easter egg about it in their future games. Specifically Red Dead Redemption and GTA V.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I hate that so many people are leaving because of what happened. Because of what that man did.

I don't want anyone to feel unsafe here, I don't want people to feel like they need to leave because everything is terrible. I want this to be a place where people can go to be safe, to be happy.

It feels like that person didn't just steal unearned sympathy and terrorize people I care about, but that he's stealing a whole bunch of my friends, too. And I hate that. I hate that so much. I hate him so much. I hate him.

I don't. . .I don't want anyone to leave. Not because of this. If people leave because of this, he. . .he's just won all over again. Every single time someone steps out the door.

And I'm just going to be alone.
giphy (5).gif

i've been hearing about hwat happened on discord, i'm sorry woomy that all this getting dumped on ya... and everyone

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

Thank you for this, Idon.

D

Deleted member

Hee-ho, Jack Frost is the lesbian ally lesbians deserve

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, I kind of regret missing the. . .incident.

View attachment 224170

I feel like there's different scenarios between the two threads though, and this one's honestly kind of worse. Smash 4 Social was simply comically spammy, while here people tend to get intensely lewd or abrasive while still mostly following the rules set post 4 crash (the four videos to a page rule has been ignored, but that rule seems to have gradually slipped over time and only comes to mind because ignoring it is torturing Opo). I don't recall the 4 Social or any of the subsequent ones I've frequented prior to this one having the same issues this one has.

The 4 Social's fallout was partially cushioned by the fact that the site had Premium gifting back then (is there any way that can be coded back in??) and the Disco room has lax spam rules, but spam rules aren't the problem or answer behind this place. There's seemingly no visible line as to what is and isn't acceptable and people get bopped for things almost at random, so when some people get hit a lot more often than others it stirs up. . .discontent.
The problems weren't even limited to the Smash 4 social at one point. The Miiverse PotD thread basically had to be rebooted with new rules.

The 4 social eventually getting admin'd to death was incredibly annoying because I found the alternative to just be overly hostile. Things got better but for me, that was only after a bunch of hiatuses because there just wasn't anywhere that justified me staying here.

Granted, many of the rules put in place back then were because the threads were too active for the site to handle but at least there was minimal abrasiveness regarding rules.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wish there was more Jin Fanart that was cool. Or Tekken fanart in general, maybe that's what I'll practice on.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
pretty much what happened to me to, but uh on discord
View attachment 224180
We're all hitting the Hawaiian Punch today, just some of us more than others.

I feel really bad for Shiny. Kid outright broke and people were actually yelling at him for a bit before it came out just what that thing did to him.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bro, imagine me just waking up and seeing everything that happened while I was gone while having to go to work. (hi fellow phone boy)

I can't post a Kazuma reaction image to convey my feelings, but trust me, I'm wasted mentally rn, but I got to keep up the smile where I work at to not bring up more people's into the bunch.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
We're all hitting the Hawaiian Punch today, just some of us more than others.

I feel really bad for Shiny. Kid outright broke and people were actually yelling at him for a bit before it came out just what that thing did to him.
ya... i still don't know everything but enough trickled my ears, i tried to send him a message on discord but meh...

shiny of all people sure as **** didn't deserve this ****...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

So let’s hear it:

The Mew is under the truck and the "Hold A to have a better chance of catching a Pokémon" myths. Mew was one of my favorite Legendaries as a kid and I always wanted to get it, so hearing about that rumor on the playground made me instantly want to try and get it. With the latter it's mostly because I believed it for a good amount of time before realizing it wasn't real, so it stuck with me for just how long I bought into it.

Shroob

Sup?
*The community has come together to take down a monster*
*The community is trying to tear itself apart*

Not even 12 hours between.

The duality of.......something.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
We can just move ahead laughing at what Mexican Gwen said. Mexican Gwen is me but not white, speaks Mexican and watched DBZ significantly earlier than 2017
mexican gwen.png

The irony is that I'm mexican.
Also "speak mexican". As a linguist and a mexican, this causes both pain and laughter.

Hope I've been a valued member, if not at least tolerable.

Congrats on your first anniversary.

KMDP

Smash Legend
the site had Premium gifting back then (is there any way that can be coded back in??)
I think part of the reason Premium Gifting is gone is because it inevitably leads to people begging for Premium users to gift them Premium.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can't make long post because phone and my break is almost over, but this thread made me improve as a artist and a ****poster, I ain't going to go when you folks gave me so much and I gave you so little back imo.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Onto something more positive: I finished my final exam yesterday so once I submit a paper due on Monday I'll be done with college!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think part of the reason Premium Gifting is gone is because it inevitably leads to people begging for Premium users to gift them Premium.
Ŵ̴͐́̆̋̑̔́̚ͅö̸̢̡̢͕͓̦̬̫͉̤̺̯́̎̔̈́̉̋͜ͅų̶̢̛̝̟͓̠͚̩̙̆̄̐͐͗̽͛̌͌̋͠l̵̨̻͖͍̣̱̘̳̬͋͆̌̓͌́́͋͑̚̚d̸̢̨̳̬̲̼̖͖̦̟͈̼̂̌́̆̐̓̆̐͛͘͠͠ͅņ̷̡̨̡͚͖̺̙̠̙̗̙̬̀̈́̔̽͗̂͌́̚͜'̵̡͎͖͓̊͛̒͋́̋̚̚̚ţ̵̨̟̗̲̠̗̭͖̺̳͖͚̓͑́̒̋͐̌͆̊͒͋̚͝͝ͅ ̴̛̙̳͔̩̯̪̫̥̺͇̣͆̋̃̊̇͝ͅį̷̫̭̩̅̃̒͋̂͠t̵̤̔͂̋̇̒̽̀ ̵̡̼͎͕̙̹̩̻̫̬͔͍̼͎̭̈́̇͝b̵̡̢̩̼̹̭̩̣̮͔͓͙̅́̂̈͑̉e̴̮͆̏ ̵̣͋m̵̨̡̡̮̖͙͚̣̮̦̌́͆̽̔͒́͊̃͐̀̔̓̕͝ͅo̸͖̫̘̗̞̯̘͚͛̓͗̾̎̐̍́͜ŕ̸̟̗͎̊͂ê̷̢̲̯̰͔͉̫̻̥̄̚͝͠ ̵̛͎̪̖͐̄͒̀̍̾̇̈́̕f̶̫͎̀̊͝ư̴͍̤̮̱̆̂͐̀̎̓̊͊̄͑̕͝n̶̛̛̜͓͆̃́̈̏͗̎͋̕ ̵̢̟͚̺͑̈̕͝t̴̺̬͉̏̑̔̃̕ǫ̴̼̞͉̻̯̬̗̣̬̭̫̲̟̿̋̑̓̀͗̈́̚͘ ̴̢̧̧̫͔̘͎̻̤͔̠͛͗̂͐͆̚͝i̴̧̨͉̘̤̟̪͙̣̜͙͌̋̕͜ͅn̶̲̱͙̜̠̋͒͊͛ͅf̸̪̪̬̟̮̘̓͛̚r̵̘͇̺̯͙̭̜̘͈̳̞͉͇͐̀̇͌͌̀͗̄͘̕a̶̗̜̾̎̊̏̕c̸̫̝̠̜̳̙͚͖̣̘͕̥̏́̉̄͛ͅt̸̛̞͕͇̉̉̅͑̆̈́̄͌͒̌͝ ̵̢̧͕͓̖̰̯̉͜͜t̷̛̘̦̙̱͈̟̩̪͚̝̊͊̌h̴̼̹̥̲͓̳͙͔̞͓̦͇̻̯̐ḝ̴͚̝͇͙͈̏͐̒̔̈̀̋͋̉͗͊̍͊̉m̵̢͚̫̝̪͍̈́͂̉̆͒̍͊̇,̸̥̩̘͙͕̜̭̮͛̀̈́̉̅ ̵͙̺̙̦̮͖̗̘̙̺̑̃̋͛͂̊̿̆̓̊́͜͝͝ẗ̶̟̪̞̤̇̏͋͑̈͗̾͗̓͗͗̚̕̕ḣ̷̨̨̙̞̖͇̯̣͎̱͚̗͕̘̄̏͑̽͑̑̏̚͝ơ̵̩͎̣̭̺͓̼̮̎͐̈͝ͅụ̴̡̩͐̽̈̈́̒̂͗̀̃̌͘g̷̖̩̥͌̽̽͜ḩ̶͈̣̗̮̜̻̰͐̍̀͠?̵̱̦̬̯̞̩̘̎̃͒̂͗͌͋̅̆̚̕͜͝ͅ

*cough* I mean really if someone is going to beg for handouts at the first opportunity should they really be on this site in the first place?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Ŵ̴͐́̆̋̑̔́̚ͅö̸̢̡̢͕͓̦̬̫͉̤̺̯́̎̔̈́̉̋͜ͅų̶̢̛̝̟͓̠͚̩̙̆̄̐͐͗̽͛̌͌̋͠l̵̨̻͖͍̣̱̘̳̬͋͆̌̓͌́́͋͑̚̚d̸̢̨̳̬̲̼̖͖̦̟͈̼̂̌́̆̐̓̆̐͛͘͠͠ͅņ̷̡̨̡͚͖̺̙̠̙̗̙̬̀̈́̔̽͗̂͌́̚͜'̵̡͎͖͓̊͛̒͋́̋̚̚̚ţ̵̨̟̗̲̠̗̭͖̺̳͖͚̓͑́̒̋͐̌͆̊͒͋̚͝͝ͅ ̴̛̙̳͔̩̯̪̫̥̺͇̣͆̋̃̊̇͝ͅį̷̫̭̩̅̃̒͋̂͠t̵̤̔͂̋̇̒̽̀ ̵̡̼͎͕̙̹̩̻̫̬͔͍̼͎̭̈́̇͝b̵̡̢̩̼̹̭̩̣̮͔͓͙̅́̂̈͑̉e̴̮͆̏ ̵̣͋m̵̨̡̡̮̖͙͚̣̮̦̌́͆̽̔͒́͊̃͐̀̔̓̕͝ͅo̸͖̫̘̗̞̯̘͚͛̓͗̾̎̐̍́͜ŕ̸̟̗͎̊͂ê̷̢̲̯̰͔͉̫̻̥̄̚͝͠ ̵̛͎̪̖͐̄͒̀̍̾̇̈́̕f̶̫͎̀̊͝ư̴͍̤̮̱̆̂͐̀̎̓̊͊̄͑̕͝n̶̛̛̜͓͆̃́̈̏͗̎͋̕ ̵̢̟͚̺͑̈̕͝t̴̺̬͉̏̑̔̃̕ǫ̴̼̞͉̻̯̬̗̣̬̭̫̲̟̿̋̑̓̀͗̈́̚͘ ̴̢̧̧̫͔̘͎̻̤͔̠͛͗̂͐͆̚͝i̴̧̨͉̘̤̟̪͙̣̜͙͌̋̕͜ͅn̶̲̱͙̜̠̋͒͊͛ͅf̸̪̪̬̟̮̘̓͛̚r̵̘͇̺̯͙̭̜̘͈̳̞͉͇͐̀̇͌͌̀͗̄͘̕a̶̗̜̾̎̊̏̕c̸̫̝̠̜̳̙͚͖̣̘͕̥̏́̉̄͛ͅt̸̛̞͕͇̉̉̅͑̆̈́̄͌͒̌͝ ̵̢̧͕͓̖̰̯̉͜͜t̷̛̘̦̙̱͈̟̩̪͚̝̊͊̌h̴̼̹̥̲͓̳͙͔̞͓̦͇̻̯̐ḝ̴͚̝͇͙͈̏͐̒̔̈̀̋͋̉͗͊̍͊̉m̵̢͚̫̝̪͍̈́͂̉̆͒̍͊̇,̸̥̩̘͙͕̜̭̮͛̀̈́̉̅ ̵͙̺̙̦̮͖̗̘̙̺̑̃̋͛͂̊̿̆̓̊́͜͝͝ẗ̶̟̪̞̤̇̏͋͑̈͗̾͗̓͗͗̚̕̕ḣ̷̨̨̙̞̖͇̯̣͎̱͚̗͕̘̄̏͑̽͑̑̏̚͝ơ̵̩͎̣̭̺͓̼̮̎͐̈͝ͅụ̴̡̩͐̽̈̈́̒̂͗̀̃̌͘g̷̖̩̥͌̽̽͜ḩ̶͈̣̗̮̜̻̰͐̍̀͠?̵̱̦̬̯̞̩̘̎̃͒̂͗͌͋̅̆̚̕͜͝ͅ

*cough* I mean really if someone is going to beg for handouts at the first opportunity should they really be on this site in the first place?
the ****

how does do demon speak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom