• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Basically just another step in Microsoft's grand plan to have Minecraft slowly take over the entire world.
I foresee a dystopia.
Anything that is not a square must be converted to a square.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Trying to figure out everything surrounding google theory makes me want to sleep.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Banjo would hilariously be the biggest name they could get for the game after the first ones roster
Uhh...you do realize that Banjo's comparatively niche compared to a lot of the characters in PSASBR, right?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My favorite moment from Big Bang Theory was when they played Fortnite.

Can't wait to see Thor discovering Leonard was noobmaster69 and then go and vaporize the entire cast with Mjölnir and Stormbreaker

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if there are completely new power ups what if we got unused ones like the centaur suit?

Be pretty cool to switch gameplay up like that in maker 2

D

Deleted member

So uh, apparently Microsoft isn’t just collaborating with Nintendo. They just announced they’re working with Sony too.
View attachment 220913
This, to me, doesn’t make the Nintendo relationship nearly as special as people thought it was. It doesn’t mean that it didn’t mean anything, but it seemed at first to be an deal between just Microsoft and Ninty. Interesting to see where this goes.
Well ****.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's honestly sad how much people trash the roster. Yes, Cloud, Crash and Spyro should have been there but it isn't a bad roster
It isn't really the "Playstation All-Stars" though.

It's more, "Some Playstation All-Stars, Some Backups and Some Multiplatform Guest Stars 'Cause That's All We Could Get (But Not the Third Parties That Have Really Significant Ties to Sony, Just In General)".

But PSASBR is already too long of a title.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't see why it would mean anything in regards to Smash.

Nintendo is still partnering with them like the other companies they partner with, meaning a Smash character is still possible.

In regards to Banjo specifically, it's not the only thing people considered going for them at least, not from what I've seen.

D

Deleted member

his smile and optimism: guh-gone
B5duJbn.jpg

My face right now

But seriously, I don't think this is a nail in the coffin. I don't think everything that's been happening with Microsoft and Nintendo should just be ignored just because Microsoft is being friendly with Sony. Arigarmy kind of made a comparison with Sega, if I remember correctly, and we know their position with their IPs being in Smash Bros.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So uh, apparently Microsoft isn’t just collaborating with Nintendo. They just announced they’re working with Sony too.
View attachment 220913
This, to me, doesn’t make the Nintendo relationship nearly as special as people thought it was. It doesn’t mean that it didn’t mean anything, but it seemed at first to be an deal between just Microsoft and Ninty. Interesting to see where this goes.
Crossplay Gang rise up

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That’s the point of my joke.

The roster was pretty bad regardless
Then your joke makes no sense, unless you honestly think Banjo is a bigger name than Kratos, Nathan Drake, or Heihachi.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
@GothFluttershy Wyoming Wyoming osby osby SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Zinith Zinith (you'll know why I'm tagging you in a bit).

Alright. Here are the results of the Squad Strike Suggestions Round 2:
Surprisingly... I actually went 8-0.
I... did not expect that to happen.

D6tVGRmUcAAr75N.jpg

This was one of the matches I though I'd lose, but thankfully, I knew how to play Plant (and Isabelle to a certain extent), so that saved me big time.

D6tVGRnUcAApPRh.jpg

Nothing too major here. Pichu actually took out Little Mac's entire stock and almost got Young Link too. But of course Pichu weight is essentially... nothing, so I had deal the final blow w/ Plant.

D6tVGR0UwAAHNb1.jpg

This one was pretty straightforward. Wolf is one of my best characters, so this was gonna be pretty easy. Ironically, Falco had almost killed Lucario by the time he came out, so all I needed was a single Down Smash read.

D6tVGRsVsAALLbg.jpg

Now this one started out pretty rough, but holy ****, what a turn around. Duck Hunt was pretty much destroying Yoshi until I read his jump and spiked him with FAir. Diddy couldn't kill me and I ended up landing a sour FAir, which sent him far enough that he couldn't recover.
Robin took my stock immediately after.
But then, to top it all off... I got a 0-death w/ Charizard finishing it off with a DAir spike.
This match was just so satisfying.

D6tVR6LVUAAK4jB.jpg

Now normally, I'd put my best characters last, but considering this team was essentially the team prior + my 2 mains, I had a pretty good feeling that I was gonna win this.
My main goal was to do it in 3 characters or less... and I barely pulled it off. Ridley didn't end up dying until 200% and Bowser lasted until 240%.
Corrin almost died (b/c Robin kept landing Nosferatu), but I managed to kill him while she was at 170%

D6tVR6IU8AYHj7I.jpg

This one probably had the hardest CPUs, but thankfully I had a team of people I somewhat play, so it wasn't too bad.

D6tVR6LUIAAmN_c.jpg

I'm kinda surprised my Lucina did was well as she did. I also 2-framed Toon Link's recovery w/ FSmash, so that was pretty cool.

D6tVR6NVUAA0CJx.jpg

Now THIS match was the one I absolutely thought I was gonna lose for 2 reasons: Bayo is one of my worst characters and I figured K. Rool was gonna be a big problem. And that's exactly what happened.
Bayo did fine all thing considered, but I didn't kill K. Rool until Joker got Arsene... and considering I was already at 85% when I did kill him, that wasn't a good sign.
Palutena came out when Isabelle was only at 20%, so I essentially had to get rid of her entire stock AND Sonic's entire stock.
And somehow... I ****ing did it. The "death" hit cinematic came up twice during that period, but somehow w/ 155% on me, I was able to survive both of them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
To all you Banjo fans, if you’re giving up because of the Google Theory that’s...that’s a little sad. He’s still got some things going for him, don’t lose hope!

But also, maybe lower you’re expectations a bit...

D

Deleted member

View attachment 220913
This is something that I kind of see it coming with MS starting to focus on stuff like gamepass and XCloud, they want the broadest possible audience.

Plus if I recall correctly, I remember hearing that MS was in negotiations before with Sony in addition to Nintendo.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
To all you Banjo fans, if you’re giving up because of the Google Theory that’s...that’s a little sad. He’s still got some things going for him, don’t lose hope!

But also, maybe lower you’re expectations a bit...
google theory being bunk isn't why people are going "aw ****" for banjo

it's because sony entered into a partnership with microsoft, suggesting the 'special relationship' with nintendo often touted as a reason for a smash rep isn't so special

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom