• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I don't need to explain which Namco rep I'm expecting, but I won't deny for a moment that she's got competition, and that I may or may not get other characters I want as DLC Fighters.

All I know is that I want KOS-MOS...so badly...
__kos_mos_and_kos_mos_re_xenoblade_series_and_etc_drawn_by_jako_toyprn__55102ce8a5b2afe96513c2...jpg

(Don't take that out of context)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Due my stage of isolation and lack of my tools I got desperated and grabbed a huge pen (basically the only thing I found) and a notebook to do a small Celica and avoid getting rusty.
No pen means no mistakes allowed so... I did a lot of them lul
View attachment 211520
Post it in the Celica thread. We've been in an activity slump. :V

But for real, she looks great. Celicute/10

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't need to explain which Namco rep I'm expecting, but I won't deny for a moment that she's got competition, and that I may or may not get other characters I want as DLC Fighters.

View attachment 211558
I respect the dedication, man.
I'm a huge fan of her design, especially the headwear and the guns.

Never got around to playing Xenosaga though.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Phoenix Wright is coming, I'm sure of it. I can feel it in my bones.

"But Hinata," I hear you cry. "How can you be sure about something like that?"

Well, my friends, it's quite simple...

View attachment 211552
Speaking of Naruhodou...

NicoB started a Let's Play of Dai Gyakuten Saiban the other day.
Lastly, maybe a Namco rep? They have 3 big characters to choose from
But I don’t know how likely they will be. Heihachi was turned down last game in favor of ryu, Kos-mos still feels just out of reach imo. And llyold could also happen, but again I don’t know if I see them prioritize any of these off of another potential character not from Namco.
Only three big characters?

Well, I'mma 'bout to edumacate you on where you're going wrong.

There's a Bandai to that Namco, don'tcha know?

Agumon for Smash.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Actually, did I ever post my Celica art here?

*checks*

Turns out I posted it to Nintenzone but not necessarily here.
CelicaDrawing.JPG
Enjoy a Celica drawn back in February, Opossum.
Since when did you become Grazien’s alternate account?
I've been an Agumon supporter since, like, at least 2014 when I realized he was a possibility.

Don't sell me short.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The thing about a Capcom and Namco Rep is that it's hard to call it really.

Namco has Tales of, KOS-MOS, Soul Calibur, Dark Souls, and Digimon among others to pull from. There's so many options and each has their own merits (yes, even Digimon).

Capcom has Resident Evil and Phoenix Wright to notably pull from. Just between those two it's difficult for me to reliably choose one.

It's even worse that there's been no real insider say on either of those companies to shape speculation as has happened with Square Enix and Microsoft (to an extent) so we don't know if we're getting a character from these companies, and if we do, who that character could be.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The thing about a Capcom and Namco Rep is that it's hard to call it really.

Namco has Tales of, KOS-MOS, Soul Calibur, Dark Souls, and Digimon among others to pull from. There's so many options and each has their own merits (yes, even Digimon).

Capcom has Resident Evil and Phoenix Wright to notably pull from. Just between those two it's difficult for me to reliably choose one.

It's even worse that there's been no real insider say on either of those companies to shape speculation as has happened with Square Enix and Microsoft (to an extent) so we don't know if we're getting a character from these companies, and if we do, who that character could be.
depressed dante.jpg

Feelsbadman.jpg

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I respect the dedication, man.
I'm a huge fan of her design, especially the headwear and the guns.

Never got around to playing Xenosaga though.
It's so ****ing good. Thinking back on my admiration for her and for the Xenoblade cast, I think I love them so much because they collectively remind me of Outlaw Star and Trigun's characters for some reason. Those are my favorite anime, so when I look at stuff like Xenosaga and Devil May Cry for examples, it hits certain nostalgic notes for me. KOS-MOS has that 90's Toonami vibe to her as well, and her music is just... unnnfff.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's so ****ing good. Thinking back on my admiration for her and for the Xenoblade cast, I think I love them so much because they collectively remind me of Outlaw Star and Trigun's characters for some reason. Those are my favorite anime, so when I look at stuff like Xenosaga and Devil May Cry for examples, it hits certain nostalgic notes for me. KOS-MOS has that 90's Toonami vibe to her as well, and her music is just... unnnfff.
Tell you what.
I'll check it out.

Any recommendations on how to play it?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Tell you what.
I'll check it out.

I say go in with the same expectations as any semi-obscure PS2 game. Don't let the Seinfeld Is Unfunny trope slap you in the face either. If not for the Xenosaga trilogy, there would be no Xenoblade today.

That's how I went about playing Nocturne. I got the HD collection for the original 3 Devil May Cry titles, so I can't exactly line those two together. I fell in love with those games when I finally got to play 'em, warts and all.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Deconfirmed in Smash 4:
dante eating sundae dmc anime.jpg

Deconfirmed in Smash 5:
dante eating sundae dmc5.png

I say go in with the same expectations as any semi-obscure PS2 game. Don't let the Seinfeld Is Unfunny trope slap you in the face either. If not for the Xenosaga trilogy, there would be no Xenoblade today.

That's how I went about playing Nocturne. I got the HD collection for the original 3 Devil May Cry titles, so I can't exactly line those two together. I fell in love with those games when I finally got to play 'em, warts and all.
Err, how as in the method, not the mentality going in, though the advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Thanks, but imo this isn't the quailty most people expect from me now lol, but yeah, this is my first time using a pen
Will post when I get home along with a fully color Celica as Im buying a new and bigger pack of color pencils :p

Pen is hard to use fam :V
I tried to do a Micky that turned out just ok and a Corrin showing that she deforms badly if we don't give her her cookies lmao

20190423_004252.jpg 20190423_004218.jpg

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
You, me and everyone else in the KOS MOS fam, brother. I miss the trilogy.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Thanks, but imo this isn't the quailty most people expect from me now lol, but yeah, this is my first time using a pen
Will post when I get home along with a fully color Celica as Im buying a new and bigger pack of color pencils :p

Pen is hard to use fam :V
I tried to do a Micky that turned out just ok and a Corrin showing that she deforms badly is we don't give her her cookies lmao

View attachment 211565View attachment 211566
For pen drawings these are super good, your skill is improving really quickly and that's amazing.

Pen drawing is an interesting challenge. I should show you the stuff I did a few years ago using a pen at some point.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

View attachment 211558
KOS-MOS getting in would make me so happy.

Like she is top tier on my list of most wanted character, if she get in, Ultimate roster is perfect to me.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Deconfirmed in Smash 4:
View attachment 211568

Deconfirmed in Smash 5:
View attachment 211569
If there was a stylish meter for the letter [F], this post would be it.
Sad_Mega_Man.png

Err, how as in the method, not the mentality going in, though the advice is appreciated.
It's pretty much your standard fair JRPG...for the most part. Later games have comparatively more movement options, so the transition would be sort of like starting World as your first Monster Hunter game and trying out the older games where there are less QoL aspects to them. It's a scifi opera, and most of what you know about Xenoblade Chronicles going in takes a lot after Xenosaga/Xenogears. Tons of religious references too, though given our portfolios...
Dante's_enemies.jpg

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If there was a stylish meter for the letter [F], this post would be it.
View attachment 211571

It's pretty much your standard fair JRPG...for the most part. Later games have comparatively more movement options, so the transition would be sort of like starting World as your first Monster Hunter game and trying out the older games where there are less QoL aspects to them. It's a scifi opera, and most of what you know about Xenoblade Chronicles going in takes a lot after Xenosaga/Xenogears. Tons of religious references too, though given our portfolios...
View attachment 211572
Karnera.

How should I play Xenosaga, as in "what consoles are it on?" lmao.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You're still not giving the right answer. Idon wants to know how he should go about obtaining a copy of the game in order to play it. What is the best method?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Karnera.

How should I play Xenosaga, as in "what consoles are it on?" lmao.
You're still not giving the right answer. Idon wants to know how he should go about obtaining a copy of the game in order to play it. What is the best method?
.......... [headsmack]

I was thinking "With the magic of emulation, anything is possible!"
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 3.13.23 AM.png

Idon, pal... I need me that Xenosaga trilogy re-release rumor to be true. That is the only way I know of playing the games (aside from owning the original copies and a working PS2) at the moment.
;_; I'm so sorry...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm a stoplight now.
Your badges are in the wrong order, though.

Speaking of which, is there a hierarchy of badges? Like, "X badge will always be above Y badge"? Or do they just display in the order they're given?

D

Deleted member

Tell you what.
I'll check it out.

Only thing that you have to take into account with the first Xenosaga is that, if you're not emulating it and playing it on an og PS2, try playing it when you have long break times as some cutscenes last quite long. One of the most infamous aspects is the cutscenes length, I remember having a few clocking about an hour or more between gameplay segments especially at the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Only thing that you have to take into account with the first Xenosaga is that, if you're not emulating it and playing it on an og PS2, try playing it when you have long break times as some cutscenes last quite long. One of the most infamous aspects is the cutscenes length, I remember having a few clocking about an hour or more between gameplay segments especially at the beginning.
Eh, I played MGS4.

someone hide this comment from nonspecificgod.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Real late reply but, yeah I as going to change my Avatar to Rain or Smoke in honor of the launch of Mortal Kombat 11 but I felt like staindgrey staindgrey had went full on MK love so I'll show the RE love until they change back to Jill. Leon is a fresh *** looking gentleman though I'll give you that one.

Don't sweat it, bud. I'm just glad you picked up the game despite your mains being out. I'm gonna miss Mileena this time around but I guess there's always the possibility of future DLC. Apparently NetherRealm wants to support this game for far longer than they did their previous games. Mileena is bound to be in there at SOME point. Noob and Erron are a win for me despite losing Takeda and a few others. I can't wait to get my hands on it, but it'll just be a little bit longer wait.
You should never dip on a series you like just because your previous favorite characters aren't in it. You might get new favorites.

But I ****ing hate Skarlet. She should be Mileena. The story mode has not convinced me otherwise so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom