• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Alright, I think i'm gettin a PS4.

I'm gettin Persona 5 and Shadow of the Colossus.

Any suggestions?
Do you like Gothic/Victorian style architecture?
Do you want to fist giant pigs?
Do you want to hunt werewolves?

What I'm saying is, Bloodborne

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I believe in Banjo as much as I believe in Erdrick, Lloyd/Tales of, and how I used to believe in Steve.

Regardless of leaks, the facts are there and they point to his inclusion.
After all this time you're one of the only people still here who can convince me of or against a character.

Convince me of Banjo, I need some hope!

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Wow what a ****ing loser
also why is xc2's plot so damn confusing
The entire Xeno multiverse is actually An absurdly deep intertwined reference to book series of A Space Odyssey, which the developer has stated is his favourite work of fiction.

Those books. THEY are confusing

D

Deleted member

I think Mii Costumes returning and DLC Spirits are one of the most interesting points for speculation. From them we can assume the following:
  • DLC Mii Costumes from Sm4sh will likely return
    • this isn't entirely true since the Akira costume from Virtua Fighter did not return
    • This specifically affects Geno, Monster Hunter, Lloyd, and Heihachi
  • Series with Spirits are at a disadvantage in terms of getting new fighters.
    • Spirits might literally disconfirm characters.
Furthermore, Joker's incredibly faithful representation has ramifications for DLC as a whole if we assume that every character will receive similar treatment. This effects Heihachi and Tekken fighters specifically. Sakurai said that incorporating Tekken's 3D movement in Smash was too difficult to include him in Smash 4, and I feel like, for DLC, if he can't incorporate Tekken's movement Heihachi, or any Tekken character for that matter, is highly unlikely.

So then, who's left?

In terms of Capcom, I feel like @Scoliosis Jones' point about Dante and Amaterasu is correct. We know for a fact Dante is out (:(), and I feel like Kamiya would know if Amaterasu was in given that he and Sakurai are friends. Sakurai would, at the very least, talk to Kamiya about Amaterasu's inclusion. So, Ammy is out. For the sake of the argument we'll say Megaman and Street Fighter are out since they already have characters and spirits that are in. This leaves two series from my point of view:
  • Resident Evil, and
  • Phoenix Wright
I'd give Resident Evil the advantage simply because it is undeniably one of Capcom's most popular and best selling series. However, the popularity and longevity of the Phoenix Wright franchise alongside the series' strong ties to Nintendo are not to be underestimated. I do feel like Resident Evil is more conducive to Mii Costumes, however.

In terms of Square Enix Dragon Quest simply makes the most sense, especially alongside all the other points in Erdrick's favor. I suppose Kingdom Hearts could be possible if Disney plays along, but that's highly unlikely. We get Erdrick as a fighter and other heroes as Mii Costumes (+ a Slime Hat) and Spirits. The Geno and Chocobo Mii Costumes also return (sorry Geno fans)

Namco is harder to figure out given that both Heihachi and Lloyd, the two most popular speculation picks, have Mii Costumes that could very likely make a return. Going based off of my prior argument against Tekken, we'll assume that it's out. So, who's left?
  • A Tales of character (*that isn't Lloyd)
    • It could still be Lloyd given Sakurai's statement about Lloyd being "the only choice" for Tales of characters
  • KOS-MOS
  • Agumon
These are ranked in order of likelihood. I strongly believe in a Tales of character, but KOS-MOS is a dark horse pick given that she seems to be the de facto mascot of Namco in crossover games. Agumon is mentioned solely for the sake of appeasing Graizen because it's possible. Bonus points if the character is Lloyd and they start by revealing his Mii Costume.

Our final DLC fighter is going to either Banjo & Kazooie or Master Chief (I'd lean towards Banjo Kazooie). Steve and the character who doesn't get in between Banjo and Chief will be a Mii Costume. I'd bet on a Creeper Hat as well, and maybe we also get other characters from the Halo series as Mii Costumes (the Plasma Sword will be used for a Mii Swordfighter costume).

So, we're looking at:
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Banjo-Kazooie/Master Chief
  • Resident Evil/Phoenix Wright
  • Tales of/KOS-MOS
That's a mighty fine DLC pass if I do say so myself.
RE Rep
DQ Rep
Tales Rep
Banjo-Kazooie

If this is the DLC I can't deny that they're going all out with it and I'm sure it would appease most people which is nice and I'm happy for people who're fans of RE, DQ, Tales, Etc.

So yeah it would be a decent DLC line up nothing in here really gets me excited but it's a decent line up so I wouldn't and couldn't complain.

RE is the essential horror-survival franchise it's also a huge franchise and it has worldwide appeal which is nice. It would also make Grey happy which would be nice.

DQ is the most influential RPG franchise ever and has massive appeal in Japan while having a niche following everywhere else, That said you could twist that into a good thing for DQ with it being advertised to the Western audience in this case and would be a nice addition. Plus I get to keep my account.

Tales is another influential and successful RPG and while it's not the biggest RPG ever it's often compared to the likes of FF, DQ and SMT which are highly successful and popular franchises. A Tales rep makes sense for another Namco Rep.

Banjo-Kazooie has a massive following for a dead franchise, has been requested for decades now and would be a great addition for appealing to the core audience, granted all those can be said for Geno (except for the dead franchise part) but Erdrick makes more sense than Geno so Banjo would be a great addition for appealing to the hardcore audience.

All of them make sense and all of them would bring something interesting and neat to the game but I can't help but feel a little disappointed in Geno not being DLC he's basically all I have after Base Game disconfirmed characters I wanted and other wants of mine seem like pipedreams, SO I am a little disappointed in no Geno but I guess he might get his chance another day.

Decent line up so I would be fine with it and happy for people who wanted those characters but I would be a little disappointed, Not calling this DLC line-up bad it's perfectly fine but it's not my thing. Though it's nice to have Banjo.

D

Deleted member

I think I ****ing cried, holy ****. It's so surreal. Rare is coming home...

HOLY **** COULD YOU IMAGINE A NEW BANJO FROM THE ODYSSEY TEAM?!
I'm so cautiously optimistic about all of this after the Grinch leak and no Erdrick this month.

That being said, if we got a new Banjo in the style or scale of Odyssey, I would lose it. Odyssey was like the Banjo-Kazooie game we never knew we needed until it came out.
Isn't that the chick who deleted her tweets after mentioning Jill was out of consideration of DLC for political reasons and also publishes a lot of tweets with info relating to bad blood between Nintendo and Rareware that has already been disproven? Not sure if I would put my trust on her honestly.
If that's the case, then that fits into the "well ain't that a shame for me" category. Despite all of that, does she have a resume where she actually got things right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Me listening to you guys on how Steve is deconfirmed
Everyone is disconfirmed until it happens, man. Beeeee positive

Any suggestions?
D-D-D-D-DEVIL MAY CRY.

I remember when I was your age and played the **** outta that game.

It's time you go through the rite of passage.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Will... will Banjo ALSO get nose jiggle physics...?
They better patch nose physics in for Sonic then.

And Wario. That schnoz cannot be underestimated.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

anyways dlc characters coming with spirits is making me do a big big big doubt for characters already repped series (besides ff)

i mean every series already has like a billion spirits yeah

what more could they add that's not obscure enemies and the like

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I would be happy if Banjo got in and feel he'd deserve his place a lot more than some other suggestions, even if I personally have no connection to the character.

I myself am hoping for Phoenix Wright/Miles Edgeworth and Professor Layton. They have the most connection to Nintendo consoles of any other candidate, and they have the iconicity and cult following to make an impact upon reveal. My fear is that Monster Hunter gets in as the Capcom rep instead, which I'd find rather boring because 1. he is not an actual character 2. he would mainly consist of big laggy Ganon side Smash like attacks which would make him unfun to play as even at low level.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
anyways dlc characters coming with spirits is making me do a big big big doubt for characters already repped series (besides ff)

i mean every series already has like a billion spirits yeah

what more could they add that's not obscure enemies and the like
Well there’s the obvious promo spirits.

FETH and Pokémon for starters.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Any suggestions?
look past the 'it's hard as ****' reputation and get bloodborne

i ****ing suck at video games but i pushed through and beat it and now it's my favorite game of all time

D

Deleted member

Banjo I think has a solid chance even if I still have abit of doubt about Western characters. Pretty much what TPC said, the DLC is trying to appeal to as many different audiences as possible. Banjo appeals to the core fanbase in contrast to more 'outsider' characters like Joker and appeals to dedicated Nintendo fans while also representing the growing relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m not gonna say banjo is in even though I really want him because every time y’all go so hard in on a prediction it ends up wrong and that would make me sad

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Sorry everyone, Brave isn’t Erdrick

It’s a soldier from Call of Duty. Why Brave though? It takes bravery for Sakurai to put the character in!

D

Deleted member

By the way, if you wanna know if Banjo-Kazooie is a good game or not if Banjo comes through, here's a topical video. :^)

D

Deleted member

But if they backtracked on both, then why do you think Banjo is more likely?

Because of the possibility of it happening?
To get specific, the source backtracked when he started becoming public. Public meaning he joined Polarpanda's discord server. In private messaging with Polar Panda, dude was a hell of a lot more confident.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What if at 5:30 est, Nintendo released a new video?

Development update on: Version 3.0.

Would there be outrage? Would Jane suddenly live?
I don't care because this is a hypothetical scenario that won't happen.
You say that, but I think we're overestimating how ready the fighters are by then. My concerns stem from:

• Piranha Plant taking three months since its reveal to be finished in a playable state.
  • Joker taking till April since his initial reveal (probably because of 3.0.0 and Plant)
  • We're still relatively in the dark on DLC patterns and vastly underestimated when we'd get Newcomer #2 (Erdrick).
I agree that if Erdrick is getting revealed, E3 is probably the best place to do it. Advertising Dragon Quest as a series, and then revealing Erdrick is a better marketing strategy than just releasing Erdrick by himself after Joker gameplay. He might even be in a near playable state by then so it's not like we're waiting for him once he's revealed. Decent enough call.

Banjo? Well **** man. If I knew their fighter reveal schedule, I wouldn't even be here. The thing about Joker's direct from yesterday is that it's evidence that Nintendo can just reveal something whenever they want. We got no warning whatsoever that this was happening, and there's no evidence for us to really predict the next newcomer.

It's very possible that it can be like the final Smash 4 direct. Remember when Cloud was practically near-shadow dropped and then we had to wait two more months for Corrin and Bayo after their reveal? That's be ideal, but I'm not holding my breath on this.

Brave's been in development about as long as Joker, and is likely in a near finished state. They will be unveiled and released at E3. We get our third reveal there since Smash at E3 has always been a huge thing for Nintendo. I would say it's highly likely Nintendo will reveal two fighters since they've always revealed three fighters for Smash at E3 (Villager, WFT, and Megaman 2014, Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pacman 2015, Roy, Ryu, and Lucas 2016, Inklings, Daisy, and Ridley 2018). While three is ridiculous, surely two is not out of the question.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nah, real talk, I wouldn't mind if Banjo got in, like I get the appeal, but he just isn't for me. I know that I'm like the 3 people in the thread pulling for Steve at this point, but if Steve was deconfirmed, even if Banjo got in over him, I wouldn't be mad at all. I'd be cool with it, it just that to me personally, Banjo wouldn't be hype, but I'm not going to try to ruin the hype and be the party pooper if that happens.

And please return the favor and don't rub it in if that happens. I promise I won't do it either if Steve got in over him.

D

Deleted member

Broke: Wanting Geno because he's a cool character

Woke: Wanting Geno cause you don't want *insert character here*

Bespoke: Wanting Geno cause he'd bring a Fat Yoshi spirit

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Brave's been in development about as long as Joker, and is likely in a near finished state. They will be unveiled and released at E3. We get our third reveal there since Smash at E3 has always been a huge thing for Nintendo. I would say it's highly likely Nintendo will reveal two fighters since they've always revealed three fighters for Smash at E3 (Villager, WFT, and Megaman 2014, Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pacman 2015, Roy, Ryu, and Lucas 2016, Inklings, Daisy, and Ridley 2018). While three is ridiculous, surely two is not out of the question.
Even I admit it was dumb when I wrote it.

Although if any future DLC were delayed... I wonder what would happen

(However low the odds are)

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Daniel broke so hard he changed language.
We do that frequently.
French and German outbursts also happen but less because we don't master those languages.

Now if I could type with Greek symbols in Whatsapp....

Noipoi

Howdy!

Two fighters makes sense.

I was expecting one because I assumed there would be a direct (as opposed to an out of nowhere video with zero warning) where a character would be revealed. That's clearly not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom