• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
after 5 months this almost looks wrong

1555506134013.png

also interesting point - custom stages are NOT a button on the grid. so either we're getting 6 total stages, or there's going to be a big black spot at the very end.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Lots of peoples have been responding to your older posts to talk with you and help you. Just because we don't all answer doesn't mean we don't care or dislike you, in fact, I don't think anybody here dislike you in particular. If anything, I think you make more peoples sad than happy if you were to go for sure.
Okay, maybe you do. But seeing the way some of you treat certain users here, I know this is going to sound really bad, but it doesn't feel like enough. I hope you at least understand what I'm trying to say.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Honestly, the more I look at it, the less I think I'll like Joker.
Granted he looks awesome, but the gameplay style where you have a sort of boost of transformation you don't really have controller over (Cloud limit, Little Mac KO, Kirby transformation, Olimar pikmin, Robin weapon durabiloty, Rosalina luma respawn, Shulk arts) really doesn't resonate with me.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

View attachment 209463

also interesting point - custom stages are NOT a button on the grid. so either we're getting 6 total stages, or there's going to be a big black spot at the very end.
It's the arrow for season 2 of the fighter's pass when it comes with more stages.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991

View attachment 209463

If you people start saying Banjo is coming with two stages, one being Banjo themed and one being Minecraft themed, I swear to god-

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
no, the meter does run out eventually
No, you Saw a meter going down while Arsene was out.
Meter depleted faster than it charged
the gameplay showed it ticking down

so it's like 15-20 seconds of burst damage before fading
Oh thank hecking goodness, I was secretly worried that we might have a mini Smash 4 Cloud situation on our hands but it looks like the devs really did learn from the past. You can bet that if I'm at kill percent against Arsene I'm gonna be playing as lame as possible, then.

...If the window is that short though, it also means that Joker's grapping hook really is going to be a massive liability in some match ups. There are some characters Ivysaur just can't recover against (:ultpikachu::ultpichu:, particularly skilled :ultpit:s) without the help of Charizard because they can cheese her out too easily.

Hopefully his air mobility is good enough that he's not quite as hopeless as Ivy offstage. But hey, I guess it could be worse for him. I don't think he'll be as bad offstage as :ultchrom:, and we all know that he's not a bad character.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh, duh! *facepalm* of course! Why did I not put that together, of course the added modes would make him take a while.

What I wanna know is why they couldn't have uploaded that video last week or something?
Maybe because they were preparing it?

D

Deleted member

Oh, duh! *facepalm* of course! Why did I not put that together, of course the added modes would make him take a while.

What I wanna know is why they couldn't have uploaded that video last week or something?
honestly, i have no idea. nintendo just likes to do us like that

this kind of release style DOES generate a lot of hype and buzz amongst the casual crowd who aren't waiting for every miniscule amount of info like us. it's like "oh, he looks cool. WAIT, i can play as him tomorrow!?!?"

granted it makes it harder on us hardcore fans who've been waiting for a while for any little bit of info but they must've done the cost-benefit analysis yeah

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Ok, I've checked and it said 18/4/19 in the JP trailer, which makes sense since they're so far ahead. Is this where the 12 hours thing is coming from?

D

Deleted member

Press f on your keyboard right now for the legendary gamers who actually stayed up last night because they thought Joker would go live at midnight.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Big black spot at the very end gang rise up.

Okay but seriously though I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ok, I've checked and it said 18/4/19 in the JP trailer, which makes sense since they're so far ahead. Is this where the 12 hours thing is coming from?
it's also the 18th on the UK site, which isn't for another 10 hours at least

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
honestly, i have no idea. nintendo just likes to do us like that

this kind of release style DOES generate a lot of hype and buzz amongst the casual crowd who aren't waiting for every miniscule amount of info like us. it's like "oh, he looks cool. WAIT, i can play as him tomorrow!?!?"

granted it makes it harder on us hardcore fans who've been waiting for a while for any little bit of info but they must've done the cost-benefit analysis yeah
I understand. I guess if it makes sense to them....

As someone who follows a lot of fighting games, Smash just reveals new characters in a way that dosn't satisfy me compared to others. Oh god, did any of you follow Killer Instinct? The new one? That was a masterful execution of reveal, buildup, release, teaser for the next one. At least in Season 2, they kind of donked it up in Season 3....

But still! That was a glorious time to be alive if you followed and loved that game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My prediction on Joker: he's gonna be good, but not OP like Twitter thinks he is. While he has quick disjoints, it seems to be Meta Knight tier in terms of range, so people will have a bit of an easier time getting up close than say someone like Cloud, and his meterless recovery is Ivysaur tier, and unlike Ivy, he can't switch to a better recovery on the fly. He has good mobility, and it seems like good frame data, which would be apparent when he activates his Persona, but what would probably make him or break him is his suspected low weight. Since the meter drains if he's KO'd, characters what have a lot of fast, hard hitting moves might give him trouble since he'll die rather early, making him unable to activate his Persona until later in the game.

Those are just my thoughts on what we've seen.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Big black spot at the very end gang rise up.

Okay but seriously though I'm keeping my expectations in check.
the big black spot at the very end is where they keep jane's soul

it is said that he who manages to access the mysterious 6th stage is granted a single opportunity to fight and defeat her

the price of failure is your life

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Y’all remember when people were certain Palutena was gonna be broken in Smash 4 when her trailer dropped?

And remember how I thought it would be the same way for Bayonetta when people said she was broken after the trailer dropped? H e h h e h

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
it's also the 18th on the UK site, which isn't for another 10 hours at least
Ah OK, I didn't know I was watching the American trailer because NoA's channel is just called 'Nintendo' and not 'Nintendo of America'. The dollar signs should have given it away. :facepalm:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
it's almost like fighting game trailers present their characters as broken to generate excitement and sales

D

Deleted member

See? This is my problem.

I'd say if any other user was talking about doing something like this, all of you would be trying to help. Not one person has responded to my last post. I mean, I love all of you, but sometimes I just wish you loved me in the same way too...

That's why I'm doing this. I know the mods aren't going to like these posts, but I have to get this all out there. I'm sorry, but goodbye.
I just woke up and saw this.

So if you're talking about suicide, I seriously recommend against it because we're not something to die over. Seek help in a fashion like a suicide hotline or a therapist. Suicide is never the answer.

Equally, I know barely anything about you but you're expecting, almost demanding, me and everyone else who shares my perspective to treat you like someone on the same level of my irl friends who took days and weeks to get to know. This is not how friendship works in any part of the planet. Believe me, I tried this from experience and it doesn't work. You have to give friendship effort and time. You don't need to do something dramatic like walk away because is not a solution.

That's my two cents

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Y’all remember when people were certain Palutena was gonna be broken in Smash 4 when her trailer dropped?

And remember how I thought it would be the same way for Bayonetta when people said she was broken after the trailer dropped? H e h h e h
Remember how everyone thought Little Mac would be broken? And remember how everyone still somehow thought he was when the game dropped?

Good times.
Anyway, if I never come back to this website... well at least now you'll know what happened.
All the more reason to hope to see you later, then.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okay, maybe you do. But seeing the way some of you treat certain users here, I know this is going to sound really bad, but it doesn't feel like enough. I hope you at least understand what I'm trying to say.
As someone who had depression (or something really close to it) for a time, I know what you're talking, and this is why I can surely say that you quitting this forum or worse for good won't do you or us any good. Sure, this thread isn't the best at time when it come to serious stuff like this,but again, if all the likes to my previous post and the other users responding to your posts are any indication, ALOT of users do really care about you, maybe not as much as you like, but still enough that we wouldn't want to see you go like that.

So please, trust me with this, I understand what you're feeling right now, but do not do something that will cause you and everyone on this thread to suffer. I do not know much about you, the person behind the screen, but I know how truly bad everything seem to be when you're at the bottom, and the only way to help getting out of this horrible feeling is to talk with person who want to help you, in others words all the user who asked to talk with you before.

D

Deleted member

Alright lads, extreme eye straining conspiracy time. Take a look at that video again.
Now go to 12 seconds when they show stage select. Look at the top right. This is what the normal stage select looks like
View attachment 206465
Notice how in the ad, there’s an extra red frame next to where it says normal. It seems like it that this frame is for stage builder stages. This may seem self evident, but it does mean that the extra 6th slot on the bottom row could be used for something else.
RIGHT ALL ALONG BABY

KMDP

Smash Legend
the big black spot at the very end is where they keep jane's soul

it is said that he who manages to access the mysterious 6th stage is granted a single opportunity to fight and defeat her

the price of failure is your life
Jane was just paying Minato a visit.

But she got lost on her way back, Sakurai tried waiting for her but at this point they've chalked her up as a lost cause.

D

Deleted member

You know, I just thought of something to test out when Joker releases...

That Rebellion Guard allows him to take half-damage when he uses it and the button can be held so you can hold out through combos.

Can you use it on, say, Samus/Dark Samus' Final Smash when you're blasted with that huge beam in order to just tank it for half damage while (likely) gaining a full gauge in the process?!

I know not a lot of people play with items or the FS meter, but it'll be very interesting to see if it's possible.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
See? This is my problem.

I'd say if any other user was talking about doing something like this, all of you would be trying to help. Not one person has responded to my last post. I mean, I love all of you, but sometimes I just wish you loved me in the same way too...

That's why I'm doing this. I know the mods aren't going to like these posts, but I have to get this all out there. I'm sorry, but goodbye.
I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help you. But trust me, we all love you. We all want you to succeed, and we’re all here to help if you need it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

View attachment 209463

Imo they should just have the training stage take up that last spot if their not planning to do anything beyond the fighters pass, rather than restricting it solely to Training mode and having it replace the random button.

I mean, modders have already made it its own separate stage for vs mode anyway so why not?

D

Deleted member

I do understand, but even if it's not exactly clear, we appreciate you being here.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Btw if the other Fighter Pass characters are getting as much love and care as Joker and Persona as a whole have been getting then we're in for GOOD ****
I can't wait to see all the love and care he puts into Erdrick! (at least, as much as he can afford....)

But seriously though, the thought of that kind of effort going into Crash or Banjo givs me chills!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 209463

In Smash 4 he did release seperate a-la-carte stages (Peach and Zelda's castles, dream land, Pirate ship/duck hunt), and there are still a few retro ones people consider missing.....

Calling it, he's gonna make us pay for Poke Floats

D

Deleted member

I can't wait to see all the love and care he puts into Erdrick! (at least, as much as he can afford....)

But seriously though, the thought of that kind of effort going into Crash or Banjo givs me chills!
I'm legit tearing up thinking about how amazing it would be if that kind of effort was going into Zoe
I KNOW IT'S IMPOSSIBLE I JUST LIKE THINKING ABOUT IT OKAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom