• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sakurai was gushing about Persona 5 and even mentioned that the Smash Ultimate interface was based on it. Joker and his stage may have had as much time & effort put into it for that reason (along with the development team likely loving the games just as much).

What I'm trying to say is, just because Joker had this much time and love put into him doesn't necessarily mean that every DLC to come will have just as much effort put forth.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's my extensive list of hopes for patch 3 changes:
:ultcharizard:- Add one frame to Fair's autocancle window. That's all he needs to do it out of a shorthop. Just one.
Seriously Sakurai why did you choose to torment me like this?

Oh yeah and go ahead and feel free to add a frame or two of start up to Ivysaur's Up Air or whatever, I don't care.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
In Smash 4 he did release seperate a-la-carte stages (Peach and Zelda's castles, dream land, Pirate ship/duck hunt), and there are still a few retro ones people consider missing.....

Calling it, he's gonna make us pay for Poke Floats
Holy **** I completely forgot Pirate Ship was downloadable and not in base on Wii U.

Also can we talk about how the returning stages in Wii U looked so lazy
Like no duh they only brought back Brawl stages, they all just look like model imports.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, maybe you do. But seeing the way some of you treat certain users here, I know this is going to sound really bad, but it doesn't feel like enough. I hope you at least understand what I'm trying to say.
Dylly, I get what you're going through. I completely understand that feeling, that anguish, that gnawing pain that just grows and grows and grows and just keeps on growing and it just feels like it'll never stop. I understand that pain just as much as you do.

The reason I haven't ended that pain yet? Sounds stupid, but I don't want it to beat me. I don't want to lose to some stupid chemical imbalance that makes me feel down. It's a dumb and stubborn reason, but it helps me keep fighting.

And I don't want you to lose to it either.

D

Deleted member

Holy **** I completely forgot Pirate Ship was downloadable and not in base on Wii U.

Like no duh they only brought back Brawl stages, they all just look like model imports.

lol the brawl one looks better

D

Deleted member

I would add to the thread poll the option of voting “JDCabrera getting in”.

Hopefully I’m not low tier.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Hyrule Castle is my favorite Brawl stage.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Please tell me they got Battle Hymn of the Soul

P L E A S E

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Please tell me they got Battle Hymn of the Soul

P L E A S E
They did!
Screenshot_20190417-094113.png

Me personally, I'm insanely excited for Reach Out to the Truth.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai was gushing about Persona 5 and even mentioned that the Smash Ultimate interface was based on it. Joker and his stage may have had as much time & effort put into it for that reason (along with the development team likely loving the games just as much).

What I'm trying to say is, just because Joker had this much time and love put into him doesn't necessarily mean that every DLC to come will have just as much effort put forth.
All the Smash 4 DLC characters that were newcomers had a lot of love and time put into them, even Cloud with the limits that Square had placed onto Sakurai.

Ryu has all his Street Fighter inputs for complexity, all of Cloud's moves being limit breaks, Bayonetta playing exactly like she would in a 2D Game.

Sakurai doesn't half ass.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No, you're getting Smashville 3.0

Sorry, I don't make the rules.
We got Yoshi's Island, like, 5 times already, so I'm mentally prepared for Smashville 3.0.

But in all seriousness, I think we can expect something a little more creative next time. Tortimer's Island gives me hope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The release of 3.0.0 is perfect for me; 10:30am. I’ve got some sleep to do before it releases, though, so that’s the last of me for tonight. :)

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
All the Smash 4 DLC characters that were newcomers had a lot of love and time put into them, even Cloud with the limits that Square had placed onto Sakurai.

Ryu has all his Street Fighter inputs for complexity, all of Cloud's moves being limit breaks, Bayonetta playing exactly like she would in a 2D Game.

Sakurai doesn't half ***.
People will reply to this saying “but Ganondorf though” even though his moveset was all the way back in Melee

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
So essentially everything people thought was going on with Joker in Smash was completely 100% wrong, and we were all just either impatient or mislead by the Jane datamine. People assumed he was in a playable state and Atlus was keeping them from releasing him, but if Sakurai is to be believed he wasn’t done until like a week ago at the very least.
The only bad thing is that this most likely confirms Poniko isn’t a FeMC and that she’ll just be Marie 2.0.
I’m never going to question how long a character takes to come out ever again. Forgive me Father Samurai Mashpotato-sama.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh yeah, I was absent when the video dropped, uh, how did those Jane lads react to her not making it?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Sakurai doesn't half ***.
He didn’t bring over the *** of Ann and Snake, so...he obviously half *** stuff /s

Sakurai pretty much treated Persona like it was Kid Icarus and Kirby

D

Deleted member

i feel like people are kinda overstating mementos' potential viability with hazards off
MementosStage.jpg

for starters, that thicc top right platform is almost 100% not a drop through. that's already enough to not make it legal

second of all, the stage is too asymmetrical and weird to be fair to both players. the player who spawns on the right has a slope that they cam crouch on to low-profile a lot of moves, and a solid platform that can give them shielding against aerial approaches. for example, a 'chu camping there spamming neutral-b would be hell to deal with

third of all (is that a thing people say), it's huge af. our ruleset already kinda unfairly benefits offensive zoners and speedsters while harming very slow charaters like ganon or bowser, and this would just be another big stage that would overall hurt their viability for something they have no control over

and lastly, there may be issues with copyright. iirc big sm4sh tournaments weren't allowed to play on third-party stages because the companies would get antsy about their music being streamed without them getting any recompense from it. idk if atlus would be like that but that's potentially an issue that can arise as well

D

Deleted member

Oh gosh, it just hit me that Battle Hymn of the Soul, Rivers in the Desert AND A NEW REMIX OF I'LL FACE MYSELF IS IN THIS GAME.

ohhhhh man ohhhh dang oh crud is it tonight yet

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
i feel like people are kinda overstating mementos' potential viability with hazards off
View attachment 209471
for starters, that thicc top right platform is almost 100% not a drop through. that's already enough to not make it legal

second of all, the stage is too asymmetrical and weird to be fair to both players. the player who spawns on the right has a slope that they cam crouch on to low-profile a lot of moves, and a solid platform that can give them shielding against aerial approaches. for example, a 'chu camping there spamming neutral-b would be hell to deal with

third of all (is that a thing people say), it's huge af. our ruleset already kinda unfairly benefits offensive zoners and speedsters while harming very slow charaters like ganon or bowser, and this would just be another big stage that would overall hurt their viability for something they have no control over

and lastly, there may be issues with copyright. iirc big sm4sh tournaments weren't allowed to play on third-party stages because the companies would get antsy about their music being streamed without them getting any recompense from it. idk if atlus would be like that but that's potentially an issue that can arise as well
don’t ****ing ruin this for us all dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom