• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
bayonetta: "i can hold down attack in midair to launch bullets all around"
joker:
The big difference is Joker's causes flinching, so it can gimp, punish attacks before they whiff, and his opponent can't hit him if he hits them first.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
See? This is my problem.

I'd say if any other user was talking about doing something like this, all of you would be trying to help. Not one person has responded to my last post. I mean, I love all of you, but sometimes I just wish you loved me in the same way too...

That's why I'm doing this. I know the mods aren't going to like these posts, but I have to get this all out there. I'm sorry, but goodbye.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Now that I think about it, if Joker can gimp with gun, then his lack of kill power mightn't be such a death sentence...

D

Deleted member

>Nintendo adds you to Smash, but for some reason they make your skin brighter than it really is.
5F8A5FE9-3ECF-4738-864C-5141EFF7A6D1.jpeg

Well, at least people can finally play as JDCabrera in Smash.

Iridium

Smash Hero
See? This is my problem.

I'd say if any other user was talking about doing something like this, all of you would be trying to help. Not one person has responded to my last post. I mean, I love all of you, but sometimes I just wish you loved me in the same way too...

That's why I'm doing this. I know the mods aren't going to like these posts, but I have to get this all out there. I'm sorry, but goodbye.
Did you respond to my PM? I prefer keeping personal talks over there.

D

Deleted member

The big difference is Joker's causes flinching, so it can gimp, punish attacks before they whiff, and his opponent can't hit him if he hits them first.
I think it might only flinch if you hit them multiple times in quick succession because whenever Joker fires a single shot they seem to work like Bullet Arts. Or maybe it's the air variant that flinches, or it's dependent on range

D

Deleted member

tbh wolf can also struggle to kill sometimes and relies on reads in neutral to kill earlier then like 130 but he's still regarded as a top-tier in most tier lists even despite this flaw

i think joker'll be fine

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
See? This is my problem.

Lots of peoples have been responding to your older posts to talk with you and help you. Just because we don't all answer doesn't mean we don't care or dislike you, in fact, I don't think anybody here dislike you in particular. If anything, I think you make more peoples sad than happy if you were to go for sure.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
>Nintendo adds you to Smash, but for some reason they make your skin brighter than it really is.
View attachment 209458

Well, at least people can finally play as JDCabrera in Smash.
I can't take it anymore.
Every single hecking time I see school uniform Joker I just notice his messy black hair and glasses and think "Harry Potter".

You guys are lucky that I'm not a bigger ****poster then I currently am or I'd be memeing the heck out of it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't take it anymore.

Every single hecking time I see school uniform Joker I just notice his messy black hair and glasses and think "Harry Potter".

You guys are lucky that I'm not a bigger ****poster then I currently am or I'd be memeing the heck out of it.
Persona 5 fandom already memed it to hell and back before the game came out. There's no joke I haven't seen about it.

D

Deleted member

Sadly, even if I am the new Smash Bros character I don’t know who Brave is.

I just fight and talk with the other characters and assist trophies, and I can’t get access to Sakurai or Nintendo information about future newcomers.

Sorry people.

D

Deleted member

See? This is my problem.

Apologies, I was doing something else and I just came back.
Trust me here Dylly. Nobody here hates you. I understand how it can feel that way, but we appreciate your presence here. You contribute. Don't think otherwise.

D

Deleted member

tbh wolf can also struggle to kill sometimes and relies on reads in neutral to kill earlier then like 130 but he's still regarded as a top-tier in most tier lists even despite this flaw

i think joker'll be fine
Wolf has his FSmash, DSmash and BAir how the hell is that struggling to kill

Iridium

Smash Hero

i think joker'll be fine
We can still laugh at the inevitable group of people who will complain that he is what :4bayonetta: & :4cloud:are combined.

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991

I just fight and talk with the other characters and assist trophies, and I can’t get access to Sakurai or Nintendo information about future newcomers.

Sorry people.
Y’all I’ve got a theory

What if Brave was actually
The Morgana model that appears alongside Joker??
Brave is Morgana??

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Sorry people.
Well even if I had access to them and knew who Brave was, I wouldn't have any obligation to tell anyone. I'm no Robin Hood of leaks :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

We can still laugh at the inevitable group of people who will complain that he is what :4bayonetta: & :4cloud:are combined.
I will join on the laughs too.

But at the moment I’ll just enjoy my time as the new Smash character.

D

Deleted member

Well even if I had access to them and knew who Brave was, I wouldn't have any obligation to tell anyone. I'm no Robin Hood of leaks :yoshi:
Yeah, that is also a thing I have.

I don’t want to ruin Sakurai’s surprises either.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Those moves come out frame 20, 14 and 13 respectively. For comparison, Charizard's notably slow FSmash/DSmash/Bair come out on frames 22, 14 and 14, yet the only one of those moves you ever see Zard try to fish for is Bair because of its bonkers range.

"Struggle" might be a strong word but he still does have to work for his kills a bit. Killing early isn't the same thing as killing easily.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820

i think joker'll be fine
At least when he gets those reads he's rewarded hard. It'll depend on how good Joker's Smash attacks are, will they be quick, safe on shield yet still powerful like Wolf, Lucina and Mario's, will they be big laggy unsafe moves or will they just feel like stronger tilts that don't kill? Even if he has good Smashes he'll want an aerial kill move he can safely throw out in neutral or combo into. I don't think we've seen his bair yet, so maybe that'll be it. I can see his edgeguarding game being very good though.

D

Deleted member

like i said, he requires reads in neutral

unless your opponent is a big ol' dummy-dum (like me) they ain't just gonna run into your smash attacks this ain't lucina town you can't just throw 'em out randomly like her

you gotta make a read or punish a big mistake to land his smashes at all

bair is an incredible tool but it's very telegraphed and predictable, and also not very spammable since it's frame thirteen (which is long af, about as long as his u-smash iirc) so you probably won't be landing this one without a read either

D

Deleted member

Y’all I’ve got a theory

What if Brave was actually
The Morgana model that appears alongside Joker??
Brave is Morgana??
Actually, Jane is Morgana and tje "ponytail" was a literal tail all along
Those moves come out frame 20, 14 and 13 respectively. For comparison, Charizard's notably slow FSmash/DSmash/Bair come out on frames 22, 14 and 14, yet the only one of those moves you ever see Zard try to fish for is Bair because of its bonkers range.

"Struggle" might be a strong word but he still does have to work for his kills a bit. Killing early isn't the same thing as killing easily.
Pretty sure DSmash comes out on frame -2 but go off I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom