• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
That's a bretty gud render

More excited about Mario Maker 2 news coming imminently: if they somehow let us create our own mini campaigns via a map builder, the game will be flawless

D

Deleted member

Congratulations shish, here is your imaginary called-it trophy.
View attachment 209162
Thank you, thank you. Uhm, I'd like to thank my family for always being with me half of the time, to Mythra for giving me inspirational art, Moydow for allowing me to hack into the mainframe of the site, and also thank faygo for his beautiful Corrin fanfic that prevented me from ending it all. Actually, I want to thank you all in this thread, except those two dudes, you know who you are.

D

Deleted member

We're totally getting a Direct announcement tomorrow and also I called us getting news this week, so ha!
I sure hope we get info this week cause the sooner the better in my opinion, I just want to play as the guy already it's been five months. Come on Nintendo give it to us already.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Dat aint OFFICAL yo.

Also goddammit not more Joker avatars.
*Insert you know what joke here*

That's a bretty gud render

More excited about Mario Maker 2 news coming imminently: if they somehow let us create our own mini campaigns via a map builder, the game will be flawless
Kinda surprising that Mario Maker 2 is only 2 months away from now.

Them slopes got me more hyped than anything else in the last Direct.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So...

Jane-iacs on suicide watch rn?
WOAH, YOU MEAN ATLUS WON'T DO THE SAME EXTENDED RERELEASE CAMPAIGN THEY DID FOR THE PAST 10 RERELEASES?

UNBELIEVABLE

COULD YOU IMAGINE THAT, 2B?
ezgif-1-19dcec3177ac.gif

I swear if it does turn out to be femJoker, this post is gonna age terribly.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
With Joker finally being uploaded, I think it's entirely possible we get a Direct this week. I also think the lack of actual release date on the site also hints at "Yo, here's a Direct. He's available at the conclusion of this Direct as well!"

At least I hope so, because my Spring Break starts next week, and I'll be going to Atlanta on Saturday. I would LOVE to be able to lab Joker on the flight down there.

Pls, Mashedpotato Samurai grant me this!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So...

Jane-iacs on suicide watch rn?
I'm confused as to why people think this will speed up the reveal. They have the render for promotional purposes. Maybe it was a blunder, maybe it wasn't.
Either way it doesn't speed up the timeline

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... Jane might not be happening after all, I guess...

Well, just for old time's sake... thought I'd hope on the Jane train, one last time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thank you, thank you. Uhm, I'd like to thank my family for always being with me half of the time, to Mythra for giving me inspirational art, Moydow for allowing me to hack into the mainframe of the site, and also thank faygo for his beautiful Corrin fanfic that prevented me from ending it all. Actually, I want to thank you all in this thread, except those two dudes, you know who you are.
You are absolutely welcome! Congratulations for the award!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
just reveal erdrick minecraft steve goku fire emblem tie-in #5 already sakurai

Shroob

Sup?
As fake as that leak from the other day was.

Kinda awkward how the pieces are falling into place.

If there's an Direct announced tomorrow, it'll fall on the 19th for Japan and the 18th for us.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I wonder how long they made joker pose like that to take the picture
Nintendo: "Have you finished Joker?"
Sakurai: "No, we have not."
Nintendo: "It's been almost five months since we finalized the DLC and given you the green light to work on Joker. What could take you and your team so long? The mechanics? The balancing?"
Sakurai: "Finding a good pose for his render."
Nintendo: ಠ_ಠ

* Cut to the character modelling team having a huge argument over Joker's pose*
Employee 1: "His arm should be like this!"
Employee 2: "No, his arms are good! It's his legs that need to be changed!"
Employee 3: "I don't think so. This very strand of his hair needs to flow in this direction!"

Teeb147

Smash Legend
hol' up wait

why is everyone saying rip jane someone bring me up to speed
People jumping to conclusions because of the joker render going up.
It doesnt make much sense, but im still waiting for explanations :p

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
hol' up wait

why is everyone saying rip jane someone bring me up to speed
Because Joker appearing on Nintendo's official website makes people think a Direct + his release are imminent.

And if he's released before the Persona Super Live, where ATLUS is (probably) gonna tell us who that ponytail chick in P5R is, that probably means she ain't in Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As fake as that leak from the other day was.

Kinda awkward how the pieces are falling into place.

If there's an Direct announced tomorrow, it'll fall on the 19th for Japan and the 18th for us.
**** nintendo, why you gotta release on the same time as the new jojolion drop

Shroob

Sup?
Jumping to conclusions because of the joker render going up.
It doesnt make much sense, but im still waiting for explanations :p
Why would Smash be the official reveal of "And here's the new character "X" from Persona 5 R?"

Considering Atlus themselves is holding a HUGE Persona 5 R event next week, why would Smash be the one to reveal her to the world?

D

Deleted member

Because Joker appearing on Nintendo's official website makes people think a Direct + his release are imminent.

And if he's released before the Persona Super Live, where ATLUS is (probably) gonna tell us who that ponytail chick in P5R is, that probably means she ain't in Smash.
noi and panda ****ing die

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why would Smash be the official reveal of "And here's the new character "X" from Persona 5 R?"

Considering Atlus themselves is holding a HUGE Persona 5 R event next week, why would Smash be the one to reveal her to the world?
They probably wont. Direct most likely after the 24th still.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey
I’m not a dude
But also damn you for not thanking me

D

Deleted member

So, who wants to do Joker dittos when he comes out? I'm gonna spend my first couple of hours playing as him doing some single player shenanigans and also playing with family, but after that, I'd totally be down for Joker ditto arenas.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, who wants to do Joker dittos when he comes out? I'm gonna spend my first couple of hours playing as him doing some single player shenanigans and also playing with family, but after that, I'd totally be down for Joker ditto arenas.
I've already said that when Joker comes out, I'm making an arena where everyone is only allowed to play him.

Anyone who deviates from this will be removed from the arena forever.

D

Deleted member

-When someone finds out you are playing Pose Mii:
pose mii.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Possible, but we can't say for sure for the next 2 days.

Usually when press-release kits get stuff like this, it 'usually' means "within a few days at most".
The fact that best buy already had it means it was a render they shared for promoting the fighter's pass. Same thing with the nintendo site it was found on.
I see no reason to think it's a press-release kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom