• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't get worrying about a Fighter Pass 2

When we don't even have the first character of Fighter Pass 1 yet.

Like, I get it when we're on like character 4/5 but.... that's not even going to be until near the end of the year/next year. :drshrug:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Because then you're left with one square unfilled unless there's going to be more stage DLC beyond the figther's pass.
One Spot Missing has never stopped them from leaving it open before. And Custom Stages was a tab rather than a button on the select screen in Wii U at the very least.

Just an observation.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I hope Fighters Pass 2 comes out 2022 because by then SMTV would've probably released and relevant.

please Atlus, I can't handle another decade wait.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
One Spot Missing has never stopped them from leaving it open before. And Custom Stages was a tab rather than a button on the select screen in Wii U at the very least.

Just an observation.
I just don't want one square left over unless there's more DLC if they go the tab route. Design was more my point.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't get worrying about a Fighter Pass 2

When we don't even have the first character of Fighter Pass 1 yet.

Like, I get it when we're on like character 4/5 but.... that's not even going to be until near the end of the year/next year. :drshrug:
Desperation. A lot of people think the characters they want are deconfirmed only for the first pass and they'll suddenly become more likely if there's more down the line.

Same reason why people didn't want to believe the box theory even before the Grinch leak, really.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I just don't want one square left over unless there's more DLC if they go the tab route. Design was more my point.
Watch them leave one spot open and then Everyone Will keep shouting "fighter pass 2 confirmed" into the void forever

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh I get you. Believe me i have OCD as well but Smash has a tendency to have, eh, questionable menu design choices.
God I hate this.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope Fighters Pass 2 comes out 2022 because by then SMTV would've probably released and relevant.

please Atlus, I can't handle another decade wait.
*thinking SMT V will be received well enough to be considered as a DLC candidate*

I can't believe you are being more optimistic than me for once.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
*thinking SMT V will be received well enough to be considered as a DLC candidate*

I can't believe you are being more optimistic than me for once.
I'm not, this is just a running gag.

Really SMT V is cancelled.
Or got a TMS style reboot.

a7DovAw_700b.jpg

I think I'd rather the former.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh I get you. Believe me i have OCD as well but Smash has a tendency to have, eh, questionable menu design choices.

God I hate this.
*yellow Wii Fit Trainer*

Sorry, we can't be friends anymor-

*purple Toon Link*

nvm, we're good.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Look at it from the bright side:

It could be neither and be like SMT IV: Apocalypse.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Just an observation.
Man... looking back at Wii U's stage select screen after Ultimate's release feels... weird.

It looks so tiny.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think that going by the SSS for the remaining amount of stages is logical but potentially flawed.

Remember, they completely redesigned the menu to fit stage builder in.

Wouldn't shock me if they tweaked things to fit whatever amount of stuff they want.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I dunno. It's the one that's been in development hell for like 12 years to the point one of the voice actresses straight up died in that time.
Welp.

Aaaaaat least Melty Blood exists. The cornerstone of bathroom/parking lot tournament arcs.

Man... looking back at Wii U's stage select screen after Ultimate's release feels... weird.

It looks so tiny.
And way too many of them are giant-ass gimmicky stages. No more "oh haha, a weird layout how quaint." Now we got to have ****ing space battles and giant lizards or the goddamn entire layout of the Spencer mansion.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It looks so tiny.
To be fair, that screen hasn't unlocked any of the unlockable stages.

Shroob

Sup?
Me, "Aha! I'm clever! That's why we don't see HRC, it's because it's in Spirits mode now! I'm soo clever!"

*Some ****ing 4chan fake leak already said it before me*

*In French*

Well now I feel like an even bigger idiot.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Me, "Aha! I'm clever! That's why we don't see HRC, it's because it's in Spirits mode now! I'm soo clever!"

*Some ****ing 4chan fake leak already said it before me*

*In French*

Well now I feel like an even bigger idiot.
Nah man, it's gonna be in online so your results can get uploaded directly to a leaderboard and you can do it coop with someone else.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean I don't suppose I'm outright hoping for a Fighters Pass 2, it would be really cool I'm not gonna lie, but I am pretty confident in it. Looking at what Nintendo has done with Splatoon, Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario Tennis Aces, Kirby Star Allies, and even Captain Toad, I'm pretty sure Nintendo is going to try and keep this golden pony running until it's heart gives out. And the way Smash is... well, that ain't soon.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean. I want a season 2 cause I'm a greedy ******* and want all I can get.

But also because I know that unless we get a deluxe port, this is the only time we will get a roster this grand again.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean I don't suppose I'm outright hoping for a Fighters Pass 2, it would be really cool I'm not gonna lie, but I am pretty confident in it. Looking at what Nintendo has done with Splatoon, Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario Tennis Aces, Kirby Star Allies, and even Captain Toad, I'm pretty sure Nintendo is going to try and keep this golden pony running until it's heart gives out. And the way Smash is... well, that ain't soon.
Weren't all of them developed by Nintendo (and its subsidiaries)?

I feel like a game that's made by two third parties would have different circumstances.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
A season 2 pass would be cool but I'm not entirely sold on season 1 yet (though to be fair we only know 1 or 2 of the 5)

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see the point in looking at least a year in the future when there's things to be hyped about 'now', but that's just me.

Due to how much I've been in the hospital, I've learned to appreciate the 'now' more, I guess.:drshrug:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't see the point in looking at least a year in the future when there's things to be hyped about 'now', but that's just me.

Due to how much I've been in the hospital, I've learned to appreciate the 'now' more, I guess.:drshrug:
Well the "now" is damn boring.

Why do you think we've been talking nonstop on leaks 24/7?

Shroob

Sup?
Well the "now" is damn boring.

Why do you think we've been talking nonstop on leaks 24/7?
I mean, that's what I mean.

We're definitely guaranteed to get all 5 fighter pass 1 characters, but it seems way too early to speculate on a 2 when we only know 1 of the characters(technically)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Gosh DARN it

I've had Scoob and Shag just sitting in my tabs for a few days after you guys linked it but only read a handful of entries.

Just archive binged it and uh

wh

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean, that's what I mean.

We're definitely guaranteed to get all 5 fighter pass 1 characters, but it seems way too early to speculate on a 2 when we only know 1 of the characters(technically)
And the other one is at least in my personal opinion one of the most suspicious things happening in Smash right now.

The longer we go without a reveal. The less convinced I'm sure we're getting Erdrick.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
At the very least, Mario Kart 9 (I mean a console entry, not Tour) won't be coming out for a long time. MK8D is the Switch's Mario Kart: while tradition can be broken, Mario Kart is a one-per console series. Hardcore fans might buy a MK9 on the Switch, but will the larger casual audience be interested, when they'd likely see it as 'but I already have Mario Kart for the Switch?' And that audience clearly matters, given how well MK8D sold

Besides, I'm not sure what a MK9 on the Switch could do to make it worth buying. It wouldn't look much better than 8 already does, it'd likely be a much smaller game than MK8D to start out with (32 tracks won't be looking so good when we got 48 tracks in Deluxe) and it'd need to have a significantly interesting gimmick to differentiate itself enough from 8.

RE: Mario Kart becoming more of a Nintendo Kart, that could happen, but I'm not sure how happy I'd be with that: I could see side characters in Mario that you don't otherwise get much of a chance to play as outside of Mario Kart being shafted for major Nintendo characters who while, more 'hype' we can already play as in their own series
Honestly, I doubt it. We'll probably just see the occasional Nintendo guest characters as selling points or DLC. I don't think they'll go full Smash Bros.

I do think they should add some more DLC to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe though.

View attachment 207083
I doubt it. They might just have been making a new Engine for it like they did with Persona 5. Remember, Persona 5 was officially announced in 2013 but didn't see release until 2016, but it started full development in 2011 after the release of Catherine.
Shin Megami Tensei V was announced in 2017, its currently only 2019, only 2 years following its announcement which, like Persona 5's, was more of a teaser announcement then a full announcement. Depending on when they started full development, if they are using a new Engine, which would make sense considering they are going from Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo Switch, they could likely still be on schedule by their estimate.
It'll get released, they're just going to make sure its the best that they can do first.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
PATRICK STAR: CLOSED LOOP MAKER.
I swear this comic went from being gag skits with no plot to doing a half a dozen swerves in a row before somehow settling on one of the strangest, most tonally convoluted scenarios I've ever seen in my life.

And I'm not complaining for a second because that's my bread and jam.

Now I'm mostly just dissatisfied because there's way too many plot threads that I'm inevitably not going to get the answer to for years and years and it's killing me because WH-

Shroob

Sup?
And the other one is at least in my personal opinion one of the most suspicious things happening in Smash right now.

The longer we go without a reveal. The less convinced I'm sure we're getting Erdrick.
I mean, I'm not sure how the two co-relate.

If Atlus really is holding up Joker's release until they reveal Jane officially, then we're just not going to get Smash news until Jane's out to the public.

I can't see a world where they don't tie a reveal to the next Smash presentation with a little "They'll be available after E3! So make sure to tune in!" sthick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom