• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Honestly, I doubt it. We'll probably just see the occasional Nintendo guest characters as selling points or DLC. I don't think they'll go full Smash Bros.

I do think they should add some more DLC to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe though.
That'd be fine: I wouldn't mind Kirby or Pikachu popping up as guests with relevant tracks for their series

And I agree about more DLC being cool - I don't really want to wait until the next console Mario Kart entry for a track based on Odyssey or HD versions of some of the retro tracks like Waluigi Pinball

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean, I'm not sure how the two co-relate.

If Atlus really is holding up Joker's release until they reveal Jane officially, then we're just not going to get Smash news until Jane's out to the public.

I can't see a world where they don't tie a reveal to the next Smash presentation with a little "They'll be available after E3! So make sure to tune in!" sthick.
it's worth noting that we've never had a dedicated smash direct where they don't reveal at least one new character

D

Deleted member

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen (@'ing bc im not quoting that) is it something new and relatively big or something that was already leaked that we knew for ages like
thanos attacking avengers h/q or hulk in his weird shirt or a rhodeybuster etc
Faygoshill's only known form of communicstion is Thanosposting
NeXXWrL.png

D

Deleted member

Moydow Moydow Smashboards is social media too right? Delete Faygo
Why don't you find all Infinity Stones and erase him yourself? You know, like real friends do.
wait fu-
MilkyBriskAnura-size_restricted.gif

anyways probably not smashboards because we mainly talk about smash and/or dumb weeb stuff but i'm deleting twitter and reddit and logging out of youtube (and only going on it when necessary)

gotta keep my eyes naked for this one yeah

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Can't wait for ProfasiaGaming to upload "Avengers: Endgame Final Boss+Ending"

osby

Smash Obsessed
With spoilers in the thumbnail, of course.
YouTube: "Gee, this sounds important. Better send it to every Marvel fan's feed, e-mail it to them, go to their house and nail it to their ceiling while they're sleeping."

D

Deleted member

Can't wait for ProfasiaGaming to upload "Avengers: Endgame Final Boss+Ending"
you joke but i'm freaked out about those videos, you know, "thanos snaps AGAIN! avengers endgame scene 2019 HD 240p" and the scene is recorded by a shaky camera in a turkish theater because if my experience is ruined by one of those i'ma ****ing freak

osby

Smash Obsessed
you joke but i'm freaked out about those videos, you know, "thanos snaps AGAIN! avengers endgame scene 2019 HD 240p" and the scene is recorded by a shaky camera in a turkish theater because if my experience is ruined by one of those i'ma ****ing freak
Wait, what's wrong with Turkish cinem- *remembers Captain Marvel screening full of kids with phones* -fair enough, carry on.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Became a social media hermit prior to/after Ultimate's release (once everything started getting datamined) but not sure if it was worth it in retrospect

Only like two or three things from World of Light (including one of the bosses) that I'm glad I avoided having spoiled

osby

Smash Obsessed
Became a social media hermit prior to/after Ultimate's release (once everything started getting datamined) but not sure if it was worth it in retrospect

Only like two or three things from World of Light (including one of the bosses) that I'm glad I avoided having spoiled
I don't think comparing World of Light with Endgame really works. The latter is far more story driven and not an interactive experience.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't think comparing World of Light with Endgame really works. The latter is far more story driven and not an interactive experience.
I know but that's why I was saying it probably wasn't worth it

Having said that, there's plenty else in a game that counts as a meaningful spoiler other than just what happens plot-wise

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know but that's why I was saying it probably wasn't worth it

Having said that, there's plenty else in a game that counts as a meaningful spoiler other than just what happens plot-wise
God I wish WoL had more cutscenes..... I just really liked Subspace Emissary alright! I know it would have been a nightmare to develop in this time crunch but that doesn’t stop me from wanting it.

D

Deleted member

Good morning everybody!
We're probably gonna make it to page 4000 today! I don't know why that makes me happy, but it does. :3

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
YouTube: "Gee, this sounds important. Better send it to every Marvel fan's feed, e-mail it to them, go to their house and nail it to their ceiling while they're sleeping."
I still don’t understand why people hate spoilers. I actively seek out spoilers so I can set my expectations. And it never ruins it for me because I didn’t actually see it happen. Or see it in full context. Like, I spoiled Infinity War for myself and I was still shocked by the ending because it was just that powerful.

Not trying to pick a fight. Just genuinely confused.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don’t even get why this is supposed to be a leak of.
It’s just
the infinity gauntlet
I'm not even an Avengers fan and even I can tell you that color scheme ain't the Infinity Gauntlet.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
God I wish WoL had more cutscenes..... I just really liked Subspace Emissary alright! I know it would have been a nightmare to develop in this time crunch but that doesn’t stop me from wanting it.
Yeah, more cutscenes would have definitely been nice: like all we saw of the fighters were them just standing on cliffs or getting yeeted

.. but we all know in the end that even if we did have as many cutscenes as the SSE, Cloud would feature in a grand total of zero

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, more cutscenes would have definitely been nice: like all we saw of the fighters were them just standing on cliffs or getting yeeted

.. but we all know in the end that even if we did have as many cutscenes as the SSE, Cloud would feature in a grand total of zero
I like to imagine Sakurai bullying his way into giving Cloud a 3 second cutscene where he does his victory animation after you recruit him.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still don’t understand why people hate spoilers. I actively seek out spoilers so I can set my expectations. And it never ruins it for me because I didn’t actually see it happen. Or see it in full context. Like, I spoiled Infinity War for myself and I was still shocked by the ending because it was just that powerful.

So...are you asking why people like surprises?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Spoilers ruin the surprise, people want to experience the movie without knowing anything. For me personally, knowing about how a movie ends might push me away from watching it, because I'm not gonna be that invested with the troubles of the protagonist since I know how it's going to end.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991

I always seek out spoilers and I always regret it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spoilers ruin the surprise, people want to experience the movie without knowing anything. For me personally, knowing about how a movie ends might push me away from watching it, because I'm not gonna be that invested with the troubles of the protagonist since I know how it's going to end.
Huh. I don’t care about surprises. So not being surprised doesn’t effect my enjoyment.

D

Deleted member

are we talking about surprises
cuz I really hope leakers just ****ing stop so I can at least have one more surprise after Joker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom