• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Why get mad at who's "best girl" between Pyra and Mythra when you can just have both.

View attachment 207072

Is this not beautiful?

That's a rhetorical question by the way.
You best need to lay off comparing and merging my scarlet dandelion with AN ACTUAL CHILD MURDERER I SWEAR TO ****ING CHRIST.

THIS IS WHY NIA AND PANDY ARE TRUE BEST GIRLS, Y'ALL ARE ****ING TOO WILD.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Let's take a break from discussing Taiwanese cartoons and ask a question.

Do you think the Fighter's Pass will add new Assist Trophies? And if so, how will this work with online? Will they just make it so they're not summonable if you're playing against someone who doesn't own the pass?
Nope
Assist trophies were a way for Sakurai and his team to add characters they thought were worthy enough to represent in the game but not enough to make them playable. With the way the DLC is looking that doesn't seem like it will ever happen. And besides, Sakurai has already said the fighters pass will have a fighter, a stage, and a couple of music tracks, he didn't say anything about assist trophies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
No, they were clear about what each fighter will bring: Multiple music tracks and a stage. That's it. I think people who expect Assist Trophies, bosses, Spirits and stage builder themes as a part of Fighter Pass are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I can see related Mii costumes on the side though, since it's confirmed we're getting them.
Assuming they’re able to get artwork from the series, I don’t think Spirits are too out of reach.

I wonder who would’ve been Joker’s assist trophy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Assuming they’re able to get artwork from the series, I don’t think Spirits are too out of reach.
They are easy to add alright, but I'm doubtful because they never talked about it. And I can't see third party content coming in free updates (that's why I don't buy Minecraft Stage Builder, btw).

I wonder who would’ve been Joker’s assist trophy.
Morgana as a Kapp'n echo.
Yusuke as a Lyn echo.
Ryuji as a Waluigi echo.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If they were gonna add one then it probably would've been Morgana or one of the other party members.
Morgana would be the most obvious choice, though if they wanted to go with a different part member, I wonder which would work the best as an assist trophy.

Morgana as a Kapp'n echo.
Yusuke as a Lyn echo.
Ryuji as a Waluigi echo.
Who would Makoto be an echo of?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why get mad at who's "best girl" between Pyra and Mythra when you can just have both.

View attachment 207072

Is this not beautiful?

That's a rhetorical question by the way. Of course this is beautiful.
Since I've actually finished XC2, I was expecting a different, more spoilery picture but whatever.

Double K

Smash Lord
1) Regardless, Kirito busts in like the knight in shining armor he is in OG SAO and saves the girl from the guy on top of her.
2) And yet it is still receiving an anime adaptation, which is detrimental to anime as a whole. People look to SAO as a big, popular anime and they see **** like that and it turns them away.

Furthermore, why, if there exists better writing of his, is that not receiving the massive budget that the current SAO anime gets?

That's an honest question. Do they think they can just "reboot" the series after we finish with OG SAO?
Accel World got a pretty damn stellar adaptation, his new LN is... you know, new. Not enough content to get a decent adaptation of The Isolator, and the new SAO arc just began. Progressive would be nice, but same deal as The Isolator, it doesn't have enough content to really do a full 24-episode season since SAO prints money.

Progressive isn't even a reboot anyway, it's basically sidestories telling the early floors of Aincrad, that retcon a few things, notably;

Kirito and Asuna's parting after first floor isn't actually a parting, just a 'see you later,' Beta testers are a majority of the deaths in early floors (something like 70%?), Kirito isn't hated because he is a beta tester, but because he's a smug, 14-year old kill stealing jackass, as well as handling how disabilities are handled in SAO.

All of it is told from primarily Asuna's perspective. It is also the first sign of Kawahara deciding to take a more honest take on Kirito and realizing that what he thought was cool back in 2003, was kind of lame and that he could use a bit of self-awareness. The anime was finishing up when volume 1 of the Progressive LN got published, and around 2013 he had an interview in which all the things wrt sexism and usage of sexual assault was brought up and the interviewer basically asked "wtf?" and Kawahara had a huge realization that "Oh... yeah, this is a problem. Sorry."

Hell, like, in November, he had an interview where he basically said something along the lines that all those uncomfortable moments were him writing when he ewas youngere and as a youth, he grew up reading stories where those things happened, so it rubbed off onto his writing, and that starting with Progressive V2 (which was the first volume of it after that 2013 interview), he had been trying to move away from that and give the girls in his works more agency without needing to work with the main character, and lo and behold, we get three arcs of Asuna styling on Kirito in Progressive.

In response to 2013 criticism of "hey, this stuff is popular with girls, why is it all girl fanservice?" Kawahara was like m'kay, and decided to add in more stuff for the (actually larger than the target boys), female audience, and we get stuff like

Kirito being cute in Progressive
Haruyuki being cute in Accel World
Moon Cradle having a lot of "Kirito and Eugeo" moments (post mortem)
Kirito running around shirtless and wrestling a bear in the newest arc of SAO (after almost a decade since he started a new arc proper)

Like seriously, the whole "Kawahara is a **** writer" is extraordinarily disingenous, because it's like going onto some person's fanfiction that they wrote a decade ago and saying "LOOK! LOOK AT HOW BAD IT IS!" despite it not being representative of who they are now, or what they write now. And for all the **** that SAO gets for things like, Kirito being a Mary Sue, he sure gets his ass handed to him on virtually every fight he gets himself into, even in the stuff he wrote 10 years ago.

tl;dr No to a reboot, give it 3 years for SAO Progressive adaptation, but he writes that slowly, then probably a year after that SAO Unital Rising, then probably The Isolator

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You best need to lay off comparing and merging my scarlet dandelion with AN ACTUAL CHILD MURDERER I SWEAR TO ****ING CHRIST.

THIS IS WHY NIA AND PANDY ARE TRUE BEST GIRLS, Y'ALL ARE ****ING TOO WILD.
You say that as if Mythra did that on purpose.

Not that I disagree that Pandoria is best waifu, but still, give her a break, she couldn't handle the dark phoenix power. :V (yo, shout-out to MvC3 players here)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm gonna lose my marbles if there is still no news on Joker next week. All the marbles.

D

Deleted member

You say that as if Mythra did that on purpose.

Not that I disagree that Pandoria is best waifu, but still, give her a break, she couldn't handle the dark phoenix power. :V (yo, shout-out to MvC3 players here)
The thing is though, numerous times she had been told about how using her power also drains out a good amount of Addam's strength and just general will. Like, I do see where you're coming from, but at the same time, Mythra had full control of her own abilities.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm gonna lose my marbles if there is still no news on Joker next week. All the marbles.
There's not going to be.

At this point we're at the mercy of Atlus to reveal Jane, since, I dunno about you but I highly doubt Smash would be the thing that introduces Jane to the world and not the big presentation they're holding on like the 24th.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's not going to be.

At this point we're at the mercy of Atlus to reveal Jane, since, I dunno about you but I highly doubt Smash would be the thing that introduces Jane to the world and not the big presentation they're holding on like the 24th.
That's dumb. Altus is dumb. They should've just shown stuff in the date they said they are going to show stuff originally. Big dumb. Almost as dumb as how they're treating SMTV
How many had you to begin with?
I dunno like 9?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
There's not going to be.

Or maybe it aint Jane and they decide to just not include "Jane."

Or maybe they could have the trailer, but not release her until after

Or maybe Jane isn't even Jo-

Shroob

Sup?
I'm already calling nothing next week and whatever it is that we're getting is going to be the last week, AFTER April 24th.

If Jane wasn't a thing we'd probably be looking at this coming week(Maybe, doubt it), but since Jane:exists, we pretty much have to wait until she's officially revealed.

Double K

Smash Lord
If Jane ends up being announced Persona 5 FeMC, then I'll ****ing whale for NP5 Passionlip in FGO lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The thing is though, numerous times she had been told about how using her power also drains out a good amount of Addam's strength and just general will. Like, I do see where you're coming from, but at the same time, Mythra had full control of her own abilities.
Wait, hold on a second, two things.

1) Wasn't Malos the one to fire on Torna and kill Milton in the process? Like you can cleary see the laser going in their direction, so Malos was the one that probably killed Milton, and if he wasn't...

2) Mythra lose total control of herself because she saw/felt that something horrible happened to Milton, and if her face and eye, scream and what have you show anything, she was unable to stop herself even she wanted to until it was too late. And even then, Addam may also be the reason why she got out of control, due to his fear of her power and not being a great as a driver he could have been, so let's not put all the blame on Mythra here.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
sometimes I just

UGH

i'm going to sleep...
I would go to sleep, but I woke up at 1:30 pm and it's only been 14 hrs since then.

So... going to sleep would probably be a bad idea since I'm impossible to wake up and I have class in only 5 hours.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
When in doubt blame Amalthus.

Muh nihilism. Muh mother.
Muh complete and total disdain for living beings.

Shroob

Sup?
Or maybe it aint Jane and they decide to just not include "Jane."

Or maybe they could have the trailer, but not release her until after

Or maybe Jane isn't even Jo-
The whole Jane situation is just confusing.

I wouldn't think anything of it but, that damn ponytail exists, and no, I don't think it's there to be dataminer-bait.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
When in doubt blame Amalthus.

Muh nihilism. Muh mother.
Muh complete and total disdain for living beings.
Final Fantasy called. They want their villain back.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Final Fantasy called. They want their villain back.
That's all Sephi. Every other villain is slightly different in their conquest to **** humanity as HAAAAAAARD as possible.

Though personally, I'm a big fan of Kefka and Ardyn with a soft spot for Vayne.

Shroob

Sup?
What I want to know is why it took soo long to even find her?

We knew Jack was in the files starting back in December... How did it take an entire three months to find his alternate costumes? The stage was found like, a month after the initial datamine, iirc.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Just, hold still a min and....

View attachment 207065

There we go, perfect.
Shrek's Cringe folder is a way of life. Glad to see he had a backup drive ever since the last collection died at the Hunger Games.

It’s been a long time coming but it’s time to confess

I can’t read
Don't think you can fool me for a second there, friendo~
Griffon_Toast.png

View attachment 207068

This happens every single time I make an SAO post.

I T
I S
A
J O K E
If by I T you mean SAO, then yes. It is indeed a joke.
<:v

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What I want to know is why it took soo long to even find her?

We knew Jack was in the files starting back in December... How did it take an entire three months to find his alternate costumes? The stage was found like, a month after the initial datamine, iirc.
Code is a mysterious beast.

D

Deleted member

All this talk about Xeno, SAO, Jane, and I just decided to watch Gundam due to the earlier talk :b

(Seriously Morag is best girl, Nia is best Blade and Adenine is best rare Blade, dont @ at me)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's all Sephi. Every other villain is slightly different in their conquest to **** humanity as HAAAAAAARD as possible.

Though personally, I'm a big fan of Kefka and Ardyn with a soft spot for Vayne.
Seymour also had some mother issues.

But nihilism and wanting to reduce everything to nothing is FF bad guy 101.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
It's disappointing but not entirely unexpected that the direct wasn't announced today. Since the Persona news is coming April 24th, the 25th only makes sense and I'm expecting that to happen. If an announcement happens before that, great, but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. If the 25th comes and goes with nothing, and we get something on the 30th, I'll be pretty pissed :p

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm not sure I buy the whole Jane thing either to be honest. I won't be surprised if we don't get news till the 24th or after. It's just a shame that Reggie won't get the sendoff I was hoping for. This next Direct being Reggie-less is just going to be straight weird.

Shroob

Sup?
How not to get your expectations up in 1 easy step:

Expect nothing this coming week. If something does happen, great, if it doesn't, you weren't expecting it to begin with.

Either way, you win.

D

Deleted member

How not to get your expectations up in 1 easy step:

Expect nothing this coming week. If something does happen, great, if it doesn't, you weren't expecting it to begin with.

Either way, you win.
My strategy is not caring who’s in next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom