• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Nothing can beat two years worth of semen glopped Reki Kowabunga Kawahara's superior writing.

SAO is a true masterpiece and those who don't like it are just HATERS who are depressed that they'll never be Kirito-kun and have their own harem of gamer girls like he does.

Jesus Christ what did I just type.
Hello, FBI? Yes, this post right here...

Double K

Smash Lord
Nothing can beat two years worth of semen glopped Reki Kowabunga Kawahara's superior writing.

SAO is a true masterpiece and those who don't like it are just HATERS who are depressed that they'll never be Kirito-kun and have their own harem of gamer girls like he does.

SAO is cool, yo :V

D

Deleted member

Alright.

I'd never thought I'd had to do this to you, Pony, but you left me with no choice.

leave the board.png

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I read Evangelion in the earlier page, so I must say:

"Anta-Baka!"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why people even watch SAO when SOA Abridged exists?
osby over here spittin' the real facts. That series did the impossible and made me like SAO.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Double K

Smash Lord
No. It is the exact opposite of cool.

>:V
No, like really, it's actually a pretty baller series that gets mischaracterized because of author's early amateurish writing habits, that were mostly phased out of the adaptation, while also removing certain details to add context.

Progressive, which is a rewrite and the latest LN also have been going with the angle of "Wow, Kirito! So cool!" and more "God, Kirito is such a ****ing LOSER and a DORK and he thinks he's cool, but it's so adorable we don't say anything."

Asuna and Kirito being a pair of dumbass bisexeual idiots is hilarious

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
osby over here spittin' the real facts. That series did the impossible and made me like SAO.
SAO Abridged is unironically good.

Regular SAO is garbage that I only suggest to those who want to see an anime gone wrong. SAO Abridged is something I'd suggest to anyone.

It's a true testament to Reki Kowabunga Kawahara's poor writing when other people write his characters better and put them in more interesting and dynamic scenarios than he does.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No, like really, it's actually a pretty baller series that gets mischaracterized because of author's early amateurish writing habits, that were mostly phased out of the adaptation, while also removing certain details to add context.

Progressive, which is a rewrite and the latest LN also have been going with the angle of "Wow, Kirito! So cool!" and more "God, Kirito is such a ****ing LOSER and a DORK and he thinks he's cool, but it's so adorable we don't say anything."

Asuna and Kirito being a pair of ******* bisexeual idiots is hilarious
Look. Call me when he stops using **** as Drama as a goto for his stories and we can maybe talk.
It ain't even cause of SAO

It was the fact you legit wrote "semen glopped" and I had to ****ing read that with my own pupils.
You think I enjoyed reading that?

I make it my job to share the suffering of Kowabunga Kawahara's bad writing.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Same. Not bothering with making protags likable inexplicably made them actually likable, who would've though?

Also, hey, someone writing my name correct

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
SAO Abridged is unironically good.

Regular SAO is garbage that I only suggest to those who want to see an anime gone wrong. SAO Abridged is something I'd suggest to anyone.

It's a true testament to Reki Kowabunga Kawahara's poor writing when other people write his characters better and put them in more interesting and dynamic scenarios than he does.
Honestly, the SAO Abridged team are ****in' geniuses. They took these bland, one-note characters, and turned them all into something with depth, all while maintaining the humor of an abridged series. It's so ****in' good.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
All this SAO talk is making me wonder how the team would fare in a FromSoft game.

Speaking of FromSoft, the "you have cheated not only the game" copypasta/meme that Sekiro produced due to its difficulty-accessibility debate is glorious. Here is Liquid Snake's voice actor reading the copypasta.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Spawn Wave recently uploaded a new video regarding the whole Gaming INTEL mess.

Guess what the top comment is, though.

Screenshot (1135).png

We're ****ing out here.

Double K

Smash Lord
All this SAO talk is making me wonder how the team would fare in a FromSoft game.

Speaking of FromSoft, the "you have cheated not only the game" copypasta/meme that Sekiro produced due to its difficulty-accessibility debate is glorious. Here is Liquid Snake reading the copypasta.

Kirito would be fine, tbh because like

his explicit thing is that he is an overly cautious dork who takes basically zero risks because he doesn't want to risk his life

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
He stopped that like, 10 years ago
And yet it's in Fairy Dance, Gun Gale Online, and Alicization. I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one other instance.

That's Tic Tac Toe right there.

Maybe Progressive does it better, but still, having to go and rewrite your own story doesn't reflect well, especially when said story is receiving a massive anime adaptation of the worse story.

The only good SAO is Alternative: Gun Gale Online. That was actually a pretty fun little series, and I hope it gets a season 2.

Double K

Smash Lord
And yet it's in Fairy Dance, Gun Gale Online, and Alicization. I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one other instance.

That's Tic Tac Toe right there.

Maybe Progressive does it better, but still, having to go and rewrite your own story doesn't reflect well, especially when said story is receiving a massive anime adaptation of the worse story.

The only good SAO is Alternative: Gun Gale Online. That was actually a pretty fun little series, and I hope it gets a season 2.
1) GGO was a double suicide attempt
2) Those were all over a decade ago because they Alicization was written in ****ing 2007

D

Deleted member

You think I enjoyed reading that?

I make it my job to share the suffering of Kowabunga Kawahara's bad writing.
Now see, I might've agreed with this.

But when Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 literally exists, I can't help but to maaaybe disagree.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I know it’s a joke, but I think I just had an aneurysm reading this.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
1) GGO was a double suicide attempt
2) Those were all over a decade ago because they Alicization was written in ****ing 2007
1) Regardless, Kirito busts in like the knight in shining armor he is in OG SAO and saves the girl from the guy on top of her.
2) And yet it is still receiving an anime adaptation, which is detrimental to anime as a whole. People look to SAO as a big, popular anime and they see **** like that and it turns them away.

Furthermore, why, if there exists better writing of his, is that not receiving the massive budget that the current SAO anime gets?

That's an honest question. Do they think they can just "reboot" the series after we finish with OG SAO?

Shroob

Sup?
Let's take a break from discussing Taiwanese cartoons and ask a question.

Do you think the Fighter's Pass will add new Assist Trophies? And if so, how will this work with online? Will they just make it so they're not summonable if you're playing against someone who doesn't own the pass?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Do you think the Fighter's Pass will add new Assist Trophies? And if so, how will this work with online? Will they just make it so they're not summonable if you're playing against someone who doesn't own the pass?
If they did add new Assist Trophies, someone not having the pass wouldn't change anything. The characters are added to the code of the update they debut in, so even people who don't own the characters can encounter people who do while playing online.

Assist Trophies would be no different.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I think the answer to that is no.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Well, today Doc Louis finally finished training my entire Spirit collection to level 99. So...that's done. :p

osby

Smash Obsessed

No, they were clear about what each fighter will bring: Multiple music tracks and a stage. That's it. I think people who expect Assist Trophies, bosses, Spirits and stage builder themes as a part of Fighter Pass are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I can see related Mii costumes on the side though, since it's confirmed we're getting them.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay, so.

The fact we're still championing Mythra as "best girl" makes me want to commit an actual vasectomy, because in NO WAY would any sane person would ever try to be around someone who literally has no control over her own self. She killed a ****ing child, can't cook for ****, like there's a CLEAR reason why Pyra existed and honestly was Mythra's smartest decision she ever made.

However the simple(ton) fact that you ranked them over NIA???

View attachment 207056

NIA WAS OUT HERE BEING A REAL *** WOMAN, IN THIS FAKE *** WORLD. SO WHAT DID SHE DO? SHE GOT THE MAGIC TOUCH, AND SHE GOT THE FORMS TO BOOT.

She maybe an Angry Welsh Cat, but dammit she could be by your side whenever you need it and when it came down to it as the game went on, you saw that. AND ESPECIALLY WITH PANDORIA, WHICH HOW THE **** YOU DIDN'T INCLUDE HER WHEN SHE REALLY WAS OUT HERE BEING A REAL *** WOMAN, IN THIS FAKE *** WORLD SAVING ZEKE???

Other than that, not a bad list! :)
Why get mad at who's "best girl" between Pyra and Mythra when you can just have both.

yTDuE0q.jpg

Is this not beautiful?

That's a rhetorical question by the way. Of course this is beautiful.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
No. There might be new ATs, but they won't be paid for or optional if there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom