• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Another random title of this thread. It has me thinking, but yet someone is pretty close to that anime girl status... almost I said...
:ultpit: See Chapter 5's rally cry in Uprising (I may have mentioned this before).

What I crave for regarding E3? Besides typically desiring new Kid Icarus, I guess I'd wan to know about the rumors of a new Monster Hunter for the Switch is coming. Hoping for the best at least.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've gathered a ton of clips. Tomorrow, rather then doing something actually productive, I think I'm going to screw around with a video editor and see if I can slap together a Pokemon Trainer montage.

Right now I'm going through and deciding which clips to scrap and which ones to keep.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've gathered a ton of clips. Tomorrow, rather then doing something actually productive, I think I'm going to screw around with a video editor and see if I can slap together a Pokemon Trainer montage.

Right now I'm going through and deciding which clips to scrap and which ones to keep.
Pft, that's easy, just find all the clips where you spiked someone with Ivysaur's dair.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pft, that's easy, just find all the clips where you spiked someone with Ivysaur's dair.
Nah I'm far more sophisticated then that.

I'm finding all the clips where I used water gun on someone and then spiked them with Ivysaur's dair.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'm finding all the clips where I used water gun on someone and then spiked them with Ivysaur's dair.
Don't forget the yolo flare blitz. 60% of the time, it works 100% of the time.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Urf. I think I need to drop Corrin.

It's hard to tell if my kill confirm ability is getting better or not when I'm playing a character notoriously unable to get kill confirms.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I got a question for y'all, and what's a better time to do it than when there's literally no one in here?

Do you guys think E3 Press Conferences should die?

I've been thinking about this a lot but Nintendo has seen a lot of success with Nintendo Directs over the years and I feel like, in a way, it boils down to them getting their own day, hell maybe even week or month, that no other company tries to compete with. I feel like these types of presentations from the other big two could really only do them good. E3's archaic "see who'll win" approach feels like it's losing traction as the years go by with Nintendo dropping conferences, then EA, and now Sony. Anyone else think they should just kill these things already?
Press conferences wouldn't be so bad if companies would just move the show along and spend less time on sharing info we already know and discussing titles most people don't even care about. That's part of the reason why Nintendos presentations are more tolerable. Even when they're losing your attention, you only have to wait, like, five minutes at most before the next game/announcement.

But to answer your question, yes, they probably should. Most people just don't have the time or attention span to sit through these things at home anymore.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Don't forget the yolo flare blitz. 60% of the time, it works 100% of the time.
Ah yes, the holy trinity. Water Gun, Dair, and Flare Blitz.

Just put a bunch of clips of those three moves being used to edge guard together with Zinnia's theme blaring in the background and you have yourself a 100% original and funny Pokemon Trainer montage.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
GGs everyone in that arena tonight. And thank you Moydow Moydow for the extra matches afterward.

I feel like I'm on the cusp but... **** I'm frustrated.

D

Deleted member

If this comes to Switch, I’ll have another JDC Stone in my Switch Gauntlet.

662D3539-6EA1-47F6-99D7-5C659095A9D9.jpeg
Hopefully it does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I can host an arena ... later, much later after I'm done with work. Mr. GSP's wild ride was giving me a bad time in Quickplay yesterday, so I'd much rather fight in a context without an arbitrary and nonsensical rating system. Plus I feel I need to host an arena as other people are putting them up at like 2 or 3am local time for me and I keep missing out - so I can keep on ******** about it or actually so something about it

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

How about Ivysaur Bair-Bair-Bair-Dair?
Or Razor leaf-Dash attack-UpB-UpAir frametrap?
Or Squirtle SideB into someones shield and then an aerial chain off the bounce when they try to punish?
Or switch to Zard when the opponent is at high percent so they panic and shield so you can freely upthrow kill Them (meme away at the grab)

D

Deleted member

I’ve had no idea what to post all day, so I’m just going to ask: Are you people okay? This place has been weird lately. As in, more weird than regular weird.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
How about Ivysaur Bair-Bair-Bair-Dair?
Or Razor leaf-Dash attack-UpB-UpAir frametrap?
Or Squirtle SideB into someones shield and then an aerial chain off the bounce when they try to punish?
Or switch to Zard when the opponent is at high percent so they panic and shield so you can freely upthrow kill Them (meme away at the grab)
Don't worry, I was only joking about the whole Dair thing. I actually think I have a least a little bit of variety in my clips.

Although most of my Squirtle clips actually are going to be Water Gun jank though. People don't usually find strings that "hype" if they don't end in a kill, sadly, and that's one thing that's really hard to do with Squirtle.

Most of my "cool" strings are with Charizard, actually. I have a fun 0-to-death against a Ness player that irrc ended in a Nair -> Fair -> Flamethrower -> Dair string. That's all I'm going to spoil for now, though.

NineS

Smash Lord
I’ve had no idea what to post all day, so I’m just going to ask: Are you people okay? This place has been weird lately. As in, more weird than regular weird.
Everything is fine. What would make you think that?

Weird is good.
I like weird.

Though, many of us do have extremely weird profile pictures compared to normal. Weirder than weird. Guilty as charged, by the way.

but it beats that old yoshi pfp of zinith with the weird eyes.

D

Deleted member

How would you guys feel if the next Smash was just an Ultimate port with new characters, modes, and features?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Everything is fine. What would make you think that?

Weird is good.
I like weird.

Though, many of us do have extremely weird profile pictures compared to normal. Weirder than weird. Guilty as charged, by the way.

but it beats that old yoshi pfp of zinith with the weird eyes.
My god, if that avatar gave you the creeps, don't go on Furaffinity ever :yoshi:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm tempted to finally learn a super heavy

Anyone here having fun with DK?

D

Deleted member

My god, if that avatar gave you the creeps, don't go on Furaffinity ever :yoshi:
I looked up ‘is Ganondorf fat?’ recently. After consulting numerous obscure forums, I took to Google images, only to come across an image from Furaffinity of Beast Ganon undressing himself with the caption ‘Beast Ganon is ready to play’ beneath it. He was indeed fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom