• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How would either of those work on either system?
There were far more demanding games on the DS than a Smash 64 port. As for Splatoon, I figured it would be like every other Wii U concept turned into a 3DS game: a poor imitation of the real thing but sells about 8x more.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don’t think I live in an area that sells that, I think I’ll just take a Cherry lemonade/limeade whenever I visit a restaurant that has them.
"-ade" Drinks are a mostly European thing, I believe.

They're really easy to find if you ever come to Britain, though. :laugh:

I know Cloudy Lemonade is the common Lemonade in the US, but in the UK Clear (carbonated) Lemonade (generally by the companies Schweppes or R. White's) is the common type of Lemonade.
So I've got a question for the thread:

What's a game you always assumed was going to be made, but never did?

I was thinking about this today. How I swore Splatoon would come to the 3DS or a Smash 64 port would come to the DS.
That's a tough question.

I always thought that Sega were going to make Sonic 4: Episode III, and then it ended up not happening.

D

Deleted member

I was thinking about this today. How I swore Splatoon would come to the 3DS or a Smash 64 port would come to the DS.
I don't know if this counts but a Mother 3 localization.

Also if that doesn't count then Banjo-Threeie or a Paper Mario TTYD Port to the Wii U (when that was still a thing).

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't know if this counts but a Mother 3 localization.

Also if that doesn't count then Banjo-Threeie or a Paper Mario TTYD Port to the Wii U (when that was still a thing).
You got Color Splash and you were gonna like it.

Paper Mario Switch that's more like the first three when?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I know Cloudy Lemonade is the common Lemonade in the US, but in the UK Clear (carbonated) Lemonade (generally by the companies Schweppes or R. White's) is the common type of Lemonade.

That's a tough question.

I always thought that Sega were going to make Sonic 4: Episode III, and then it ended up not happening.
I only see Schweppes sell gingerale here in the states :yoshi:

Why does it say gingerale is misspelled? That's a real thing that exists...

D

Deleted member

I remember seeing someone post that Pichu image with them in the Akuma pose or whatever and it made me think Someone should make Piranha Plant in that pose standing on top of more requested Characters like Ashley, Geno, Waluigi, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Shadow, Skull Kid, Etc.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'm pretty sure there's a space between ginger and ale. That's how i've always spelled it.

Then again this website thinks "i've" is a misspelling sooo...

To those living in America (or otherwise), what is your name for lemonade?
Lemonade

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Schweppes also does Carbonated Water, but their Lemonade is the biggest thing over here.
Because it's two words: Ginger Ale.

Speaking of soft drinks, I still have no idea what Cream Soda is, I should try it sometime.

Also, I once tried a Burdock soft drink. It was... flowery, let's just say that.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Speaking of companies selling different things in different countries, is the "Double Big Mac" still a thing in Canada? I remember seeing that when I visited in 2011 and I laughed considering CANADA and not the USA had that :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Super Mario 128, the tech demo made me think that since at the time I didn't knew how the bytes worked, I thought it was the SM64 sequel we would get instead of Sunshine.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh I just realized I took the last spot

Idon Idon is your in-game name Alternis? If not I can back out of the room so you can have the last spot!!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

The chances of me coming over to the UK aren’t very good, but I’ll be sure to keep that in mind.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also I grew up calling soda "pop." I'm pretty sure that's a regional thing :yoshi:
We call Soda Pops "Fizzy Drink". Creative, I know.
Soda Pop?
I grew up calling it sweet grenade. Give it a shake, pull off the pin, and you get a sweet explosion.

I lost Jimmy that day in the war. They called it a soft drink... But it makes a man suffer.
The horrors of the Soft Drink market.

D

Deleted member

Honestly sometimes I feel like I'm taking what Smash Ultimate has for granted. We have Every previous character plus Ridley and K. Rool, 103 Stages, Modes people have been wanting (Squad Strike and a "Story Mode"), Nearly Double Smash 4's roster, and Much much more.

Yet just cause Geno is seemingly unlikely it negates the previous things mentioned, nah that's not how I should think. We don't even know who the Square rep is while it's very likely Erdrick there's always a chance, no matter how slight that it's being misleading and it's really Geno. I doubt it but even then I should be thankful for what we have instead of thinking about what we don't have.

This Game has brung us more than we could ever imagine and for that I should change the way I think.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly sometimes I feel like I'm taking what Smash Ultimate has for granted. We have Every previous character plus Ridley and K. Rool, 103 Stages, Modes people have been wanting (Squad Strike and a "Story Mode"), Nearly Double Smash 4's roster, and Much much more.

Yet just cause Geno is seemingly unlikely it negates the previous things mentioned, nah that's not how I should think. We don't even know who the Square rep is while it's very likely Erdrick there's always a chance, no matter how slight that it's being misleading and it's really Geno. I doubt it but even then I should be thankful for what we have instead of thinking about what we don't have.

This Game has brung us more than we could ever imagine and for that I should change the way I think.
I mean if a single character's inclusion or exclusion can sour your experience with the game then you should honestly rethink your priorities

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why this song hasn’t been included in Smash yet I’ll never know:

Tell me this wouldn’t fit perfectly on the Reset Bomb Forest!
It would fit better on Palutena’s Temple...as it will always reminding you of the most serious and emotional arc in all of Uprising

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I got a question for y'all, and what's a better time to do it than when there's literally no one in here?

Do you guys think E3 Press Conferences should die?

I've been thinking about this a lot but Nintendo has seen a lot of success with Nintendo Directs over the years and I feel like, in a way, it boils down to them getting their own day, hell maybe even week or month, that no other company tries to compete with. I feel like these types of presentations from the other big two could really only do them good. E3's archaic "see who'll win" approach feels like it's losing traction as the years go by with Nintendo dropping conferences, then EA, and now Sony. Anyone else think they should just kill these things already?

D

Deleted member

I mean if a single character's inclusion or exclusion can sour your experience with the game then you should honestly rethink your priorities
Exactly what I am saying, Geno's apparent Exclusion is making me upset and that's kind of pathetic so I need to rethink my priorities. Even then Geno could always make an appearance in Misc. DLC or a Season 2 if we get such. I need to rethink my priorities a little.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If I remember right, the original plan was to do ep. 1-4, but 1 and then especially 2 failed to meet sales expectations so they cancelled the other two.

I never played ep.2, but ep.1 was a big disappointment.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Exactly what I am saying, Geno's apparent Exclusion is making me upset and that's kind of pathetic so I need to rethink my priorities. Even then Geno could always make an appearance in Misc. DLC or a Season 2 if we get such. I need to rethink my priorities a little.
I mean, the second half of your post is pretty much you struggling to come to terms with that. I think part of the reason that the only character announcement I wasn't happy with being K.Rool due to his trailer was for having no real expectations after we got Ridley. There's still plenty of characters I would love to see but my focus has changed from "Who's going to be in?" to "How cool will the new characters look?"

R O F L

Smash Ace

Pikmin 4

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Having a grievance with a game because of a certain characters exclusion isn't necessarily unfounded. I mean, sure, if you expect a character and convince yourself a character is in the game and then hold a grudge against the game because said character isn't there may be a bit overboard but being disappointed that a character isn't there isn't a crime.

For instance, I loved Smash For. I adored it, but every time I turned that game on a felt like something was missing. I played Brawl through and through with 3 character. Snake, Wolf, and Ike. And two of those characters didn't make it back. That was super disappointing to me and I felt like because of those cuts Smash For was the worst Smash game in the franchise. Now is that necessarily true? No, but I can say with 100% confidence that it was the one that disappointed me the most. Losing Snake was tough. Real tough. Still, looking back on Smash For, the roster for the game, especially when including DLC, was really solid for the time. Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Cloud, Little Mac, Rosalina, Shulk, Robin, Greninja, etc. All great choices but there was still that one, or two, missing thing(s) and that just disappointed me every time I played.

The point is you don't have to be sour on the game because of the lack of a character, but being disappointed isn't exactly a damning thing. We have wants, they don't happen sometimes, that's ok. Just count the blessings you have now and hope for the best in the future. I mean it worked for me and my characters, Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon included. It could work for yours.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I got a question for y'all, and what's a better time to do it than when there's literally no one in here?

I've been thinking about this a lot but Nintendo has seen a lot of success with Nintendo Directs over the years and I feel like, in a way, it boils down to them getting their own day, hell maybe even week or month, that no other company tries to compete with. I feel like these types of presentations from the other big two could really only do them good. E3's archaic "see who'll win" approach feels like it's losing traction as the years go by with Nintendo dropping conferences, then EA, and now Sony. Anyone else think they should just kill these things already?
oh yeah I think it's time to bury E3 conferences LOL

the "see who'll win" is quickly dying and will be dead if more companies took on things like Directs because even if they "lost" E3 people would know that there's going to be another presentation not much longer after that; so really E3 and the "winner" is more or less pointless, since they'll only be the winner for like a month or two. That's why I think Directs are successful, they're a really good way to dish content out and make a few announcements while also not needing to be arbitrarily soaped up due to E3 hype and "nintendo vs xbox vs ps4 who'll be the winner!!". Their presence makes E3 less and less of the "battle of the bands" :laugh: each year, I didn't know that Sony dropped conferences but I'm not expecting conferences to last much longer then. I definitely think that presentations like Directs are the way to go.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

I think the main problem is more how the industry's changed. E3 has traditionally been about showing new hardware and software for each console.

But because all the consoles are so similar on a hardware level now, there's less exclusives, since developers don't necessarily need to pick just one system to develop for. So, there's less exclusive software to show, as only first party developers are making exclusives now. Because Nintendo's such a software powerhouse, though, they've always got stuff to present.

And because AAA game development is so much bigger and more expensive this generation, there's less games in general. Sony had been showing off God of War and Spider-Man since 2015, but they only came out last year. Sony's exclusive lineup gets a lot of praise, but really they've only had two or three big games each year at most. But many of their exclusive games have been super high-quality and very clearly had huge budgets, so only so many can be paid for at a time.

On the hardware side of things, because gaming generations are longer now than they have been historically, there's less new hardware to show off. The PS4 and the Xbox One are going to be almost 6 years old, and this generation is going to be 7-8 years again just like the last one, whereas gaming generations in the past were 5-6 years long. So hardware reveals are less frequent, too.

So with less things to show, why have the show at all? I guess that's why Sony's pulling out; they're burnt out on things to show, so they're either quitting completely and showing things off at other events, or they're taking a year break so they can regroup and come back with more. EA's in deep **** right now because Battlefield V and Anthem underperformed hugely, so showing their faces with a huge conference would just be embarrassing; makes sense why they withdrew. Though I'm definitely going to be glued to my seat for the Bethesda conference, because this year's will have to be legendary.

Microsoft and Nintendo have been pretty consistent in terms of presentations this generation, regardless of how much or how little they have to show, compared to the other conferences which have been less consistent. So they seem much more comfortable with things as they are, so I'll be surprised if they depart from E3 anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom