• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah...

That further proves my point
Holy **** Melee didn't make it into Evo. Obviously it'll survive but dang that sucks.
Doesn’t suck...it was time for Melee to let someone better take its place
wait

no melee?

reggie died for this **** smh
Reggie killed Melee himself before dying...what a hero. One of the few men who could defeat a fully maxed out powered up Ultra Instinct God Shaggy
Because Shonen Jump and Jump Force are the same
Because Shonen Jump and Jump Firce are the same
Because Shonun Jump and Jump Force are the same
Because Shionen Jump and Jump Gorce are the same
Because Shienn Jump and Jump Forxe are the same
Because Shonen Jumpand Jump Force are theaames
aa
Because Shonen Jumpand Jump Gorxe are the same
Because Shonen Jump ans Jump Force are theaame

Because Shonen Jump and Jump Gorce are the aame

Because Shonen Jump and Jump Force are the aame
Laa
La Li Lu Le Lo
a
L
i
L
u
L
e
L
o
View attachment 194779
Balanced, as all thing should be.
*PERFECTLY Balanced...get the wording right when quoting the legendary Thanos

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Honestly, the fact that Melee was the only game there that still used CRTs was probably a huge factor for logistical reasons.
No it's because Nintendo HATES Melee.

Jesus get this logic you speak of out of here.

D

Deleted member

I imagine it has enough views since it definitely pulled it's weight at Genesis at least. I imagine the same would be for Evo, Maybe they didn't want two Smash games at Evo. Weird reasoning but I could see them thinking that.
There's a lot of logistics involved with getting Melee on stream, namely it's almost 17 years old, played on CRTs and only legally available on a consoles over a decade old. I'm not surprised it happened but it still kinda sucks.
View attachment 194779
Balanced, as all thing should be.
No Guilty Gear this year so it's ****. :4diddy:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, the fact that Melee was the only game there that still used CRTs was probably a huge factor for logistical reasons.
And it'll definitely bring down the budget on air fresheners that they would've had to buy if Melee was back.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's time for the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists who are gonna say
  • Heihachi Mishima,
  • Chun-Li,
  • Ragna the Bloodege,
  • Goku,
  • Nightmare,
  • Scorpion,
  • Haohmaru,
  • and/or Hyde
are confirmed for Ultimate
Actually, it's gonna confirm Galeem from Smash Ultimate as a new fighter, and Dharkon is an echo.

Also, it's not that shocking that Melee isn't there, since there have been talks of only having one Smash game this year, and truthfully, Melee doesn't need a push like Ult does to kickstart its competitive lifespan.

What's more surprising is that Jump Force is nowhere to be seen, I guess that game is dead already.

D

Deleted member

Reggie killed Melee himself before dying...what a hero. One of the few men who could defeat a fully maxed out powered up Ultra Instinct God Shaggy
Serious question here: How did Reggie kills Melee, and why did he have a problem with it?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No Guilty Gear this year so it's ****. :4diddy:
Don't worry, they'll announce GG Rev 3 after BBTag Grand Finals.

... right?

........riiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

What's more surprising is that Jump Force is nowhere to be seen, I guess that game is dead already.
That's not surprising at all.
It's an arena fighter, and quite a badly made one at that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today is a cursed day there was no reason not to bring Melee back, but at least tomorrow will be a holy day with Gen 8 around the corner.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just saw the EVO lineup...

I didn't expect Samurai Showdown to pop up.

I really didn't expect UNIST to show up as a main game.

I'm not entirely sure cutting Melee was the better option here.

And that's coming from someone who's played more of UNIST than Melee.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm actually not all that surprised that Melee has been dropped from EVO I kind of felt it was something that was eventually going to happen. One way or another.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I heard someone mention that one logistical issue with Melee is that it needs CRT's, because every other game out there can be played on regular HD TV's. This is partly Nintendo's fault, as there's no official way to play Melee outside a disc in a GameCube, but even if there was, it's a safe bet it wouldn't be adopted by the pro scene, so it wouldn't matter. Emulation is technically legal, but that'd still be a hassle to clear and set up and still have potential problems for people to complain about.

Then there's the issue of cross registering. Many players at EVO cross register for other games (e.g. one player might enter for DBZ, MK, and Tekken all at once). Most Melee players are just there for Melee. That means a lot of time and resources dedicated for just one game. One that's popular, but more self-interested and not interested in the rest of the event. I remember there was a controversy one year about a bunch of people buying spectator tickets just to see Melee, and then leaving immediately afterwards, leaving a much emptier venue.

Also, apparently Melee likes to do Best of 5 for their finals, which no other game does.

Basically, Melee demands a lot of special treatment, whereas most other games are much lower maintenance.

D

Deleted member

Shoulda given it to Arcsys.

In fact, if every single IP I liked was given to Arcsys, that'd be nice.
Marvel vs DC vs Shonen Jump vs Capcom vs Atlus when?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I mean it wasn't unexpected they likely wanted to only have one Smash game this year and Melee doesn't need the push for their Competitive Cycle like Ultimate does but still it's kinda sad to think about.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i wonder how the melee branch of smashboards is doing rn

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
There's some kind of adhoc concert with a guy singing in the closed cafe next to the desk where I work, I'm not sure it's in English, and somehow he already had a crowd of students with him who clap after every song. And the songs aren't energetic or pop songs, they're slow and emotional. And it's in a loud area with a lot of foot traffic, too.

I have absolutely no clue WTF is going on.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Serious question here: How did Reggie kills Melee, and why did he have a problem with it?
With his Regginator
No man keep it up LOL
Well that’s a relief...Melee was always going to be kicked out of EVO after what Smash 4 did anyways alongside Ultimate being released
Who are the Patriots!?
a secret organization that, by the early
1990s, covertly controlled the United States of America. The group was formed to fulfill the ideal of a unified world that was envisioned by the legendary soldier The Boss and later sought to control the entire world to ensure this.
View attachment 194785
lolsalem
honestly this man needs to stop being such a dbag
FCB9E996-CBB5-4D06-B63C-6F55E8A378F6.jpeg

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Don't mind me I'm just here to see the salt that comes w/ this decision.

Kermit-The-Frog-Memes-Thats-None-Of-My-Business-Tho-What-The-Vogue.png

And yes... while I do think cutting Melee is gonna cause a lot of controversy, I personally prefer UNIST much more than Melee.

Iridium

Smash Hero
No Melee? I mean, there was bound to be another EVO with just one Smash title, but something will feel empty to me.

D

Deleted member

Wow, surprised by the removal of Melee. I felt like it would never be removed, dont follow EVO but Im surprised by the longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom