• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

“ClOuD iS pLaYsTaTiOn! He DoEsN’t DeSeRvE tO bE iN nInTeNdO’s CrOsSoVeR!”

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What are you? A 47 year old?
No, I'm a 30 year-old who acts like a 50 year-old and doesn't really do Reddit/Twitter/Tumbler/Snapbook/Instachat/LiveJournal/Windows Live Messenger/whatever you hip young kids use. None of them work in my Netscape browser.

Now get the **** off my lawn.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I still think that's a dumb comparison.
Thats because it is. Literally the only move they have that is nearly identical is their neutral B. That’s basically calling Kirby, Dedede and K.Rool all clones because they can inhale.

Iridium

Smash Hero
>Lucario is a Mewtwo clone.
>Cloud is an Ike clone.
>Ridley would be a Charizard clone.
>K.Rool would be a Bowser clone.
>Isabelle is a Villager clone.

Some things I heard from people online in the past.
All where supposedly serious comments.
I'm honestly offended by the amount of people I've seen try to claim :ultgreninja: & :ultsheik: are even remotely similar (aside from being ninjas).
Okay, I'll make one prediction.

Brave isn't Erdrick. It's the one true hero that will save us all:

I'll be bold. This is Brave.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Charlotte in Smash?

Now your speaking my (and @praline's) language.
Not gonna lie, I share Tom Fawkes sentiment in that we both like Charlotte for her dynamite bod, which would likely be censored if she made it, though they’d make up for it if she makes that face whenever she’s attacked.

Straight up, I have a hard time believing this is official material and this is just hentai.

If this is official material then no wonder y'all like Fates. :troll:
Maybe the full picture might help

46C4E911-1615-4B40-9C36-D4A7DE07C39C.png

I mean this is typical of the taking damage portraits in Heroes so I don’t know what else to say.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No, I'm a 30 year-old who acts like a 50 year-old and doesn't really do Reddit/Twitter/Tumbler/Snapbook/Instachat/LiveJournal/Windows Live Messenger/whatever you hip young kids use. None of them work in my Netscape browser.

Nobody uses LiveJournal anymore?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
“ClOuD iS pLaYsTaTiOn! He DoEsN’t DeSeRvE tO bE iN nInTeNdO’s CrOsSoVeR!”
I mean, minus the nervous twitch on the shift key that's something I've legitimately said like a thousand times.

D

Deleted member

"Dunno guys, Isabelle is a pacifist."
"Sans wouldn't get in because Toby Fox would think it wouldn't fit the image of Undertale"
Like listen
I've been following Toby Fox for years, ever since he first caught my eye with his work on Homestuck
If Masahiro Mother****ing Sakurai approaches Toby Goddamn Fox and asks him for his permission to add his character into the most iconic crossover in history, and that :GCB:oby would refuse, you are sorely ****ing mistaken

D

Deleted member

tbh people who complain about chrom's inclusion are so weird

like it's either smash ultimate with chrom or smash ultimate without chrom but no i'm sorry we all know sakurai was about to add geno, banjo, and isaac but decided at the last minute "no **** those guys we're adding chrom"
If anything, I think the problems with Chrom are more so the changes we all thought he would get.

Frankly, I think it's pretty weird how Robin and Lucina have the Awakening victory theme, yet not Chrom? What about Robin's FS? I think if there's anything to complain about Chrom, it's the aesthetic problems. Other than that, I could care less, since I had a feeling he was gonna be in Smash regardless. :p

D

Deleted member

No, U git off mai lawn. You and your trash bag named Jill. /s
I'm just a robot programmed to spam Elma gang propaganda
I'm a Lucario disguised as a human.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

I'm 17 and I have none of these lol, guess I'm a baby

Wait, so what does that make @Zinith?
Yoshi

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
tbh people who complain about chrom's inclusion are so weird

like it's either smash ultimate with chrom or smash ultimate without chrom but no i'm sorry we all know sakurai was about to add geno, banjo, and isaac but decided at the last minute "no **** those guys we're adding chrom"
I'm personally of the argument that Lyn should have gotten the echo spot instead of him. She's more popular, Wind effects make more sense for her, is from the same story saga, had a ready-to-go model, and Chrom was already fairly represented in Robin's moveset.

But most of this is just me nitpicking. I'm not a fan of him in his home game by any stretch, but he is fun to play as here and was added for giggles more than anything. Also it's weird he doesn't share the Awakening Victory Theme.

D

Deleted member

I'm personally of the argument that Lyn should have gotten the echo spot instead of him. She's more popular, Wind effects make more sense for her, is from the same story saga, had a ready-to-go model, and Chrom was already fairly represented in Robin's moveset.

But most of this is just me nitpicking. I'm not a fan of him in his home game by any stretch, but he is fun to play as here and was added for giggles more than anything. Also it's weird he doesn't share the Awakening Victory Theme.
Does Chrom have wind effects/boxes?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
By the way Zinith Zinith

At that charity event this weekend when I was promoted to Chair, I pretty much said "I am your God Emperor now."
I've ascended

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I know it's a joke, but I legitimately want more newcomers that aren't humanoid. Dragons, Pokemon, aliens... weird/non-human characters are usually more interesting for fighting games in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, I share Tom Fawkes sentiment in that we both like Charlotte for her dynamite bod, which would likely be censored if she made it, though they’d make up for it if she makes that face whenever she’s attacked.

Maybe the full picture might help

View attachment 191861
I mean this is typical of the taking damage portraits in Heroes so I don’t know what else to say.
Bro forget the ahegao, why the **** does she have a big spoon

What even

D

Deleted member

Lyn swinging a sword harder than Marth and Lucina would be so wrong on so many levels
Oh yeah also I've got a dilemma.

Tomorrow I can either watch the Direct at 7 or spend time with a girl that I'm interested in.

Help?
Ask yourself WWJD? As in, "What Would Joker Do?"

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
had a ready-to-go model
AT models have specific corner cuts that Chrom's, despite some people thinking looks off, doesn't. I've seen a Waluigi mod for SSBU that uses his AT model, and you can tell on the victory screen that he has a flatter model than Wario with lower-res textures and weaker shading.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh also doesn't Chrom reuse his Final Smash model? I guess Lyn could reuse her AT model but it would be a bit harder to touch up since they're lower res iirc.
Also there was a bit of anger at Chrom getting shunted in favor of Robin in Sm4sh iirc. Maybe he was added in response to that?
Nope. There's an energy effect on his up smash but it's definitely not wind.
Oh, I was wondering what the weird magic thingy on his up smash was lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Bro forget the ahegao, why the **** does she have a big spoon

What even
In case you're serious:

FE's seasonal event characters typically have goofy weapons like a bag of presents or seashells they fling like shuriken , **** like that.

In case you're not serious:

Because Charlotte is ALWAYS the big spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom