• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So the TL:DR. Bad news is they literally said they're basically restarting the game from scratch because they were not satisfied with how it turned out.

Good news is, Retro is developing/has a hand in it now.

That's a big oof, though.

D

Deleted member

Here's a game, pick 3 characters to add in Smash, a male, a female and an animal/non humanoid/monster character. Here's mine:

- Male: Sora from Kingdom Hearts
- Female: Marisa Kirisame from Touhou
- Non Human: Slime from Dragon Quest
Wait, do the male and female characters have to be Human?

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Here's a game, pick 3 characters to add in Smash, a male, a female and an animal/non humanoid/monster character. Here's mine:

The literal same options. You sir have great taste.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Broke:Studying during computer time
Woke: Posting on Smashboards during computer time
Ha! Jokes on you, I'm an adult! I don't have to worry about classes so I can do adult stuff, like go on a video game forum to proselytize a fictional green dinosaur designed for kids.

That's what grown-ups do!!! :yoshi:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I feel like that Prime 4 update kinda shoots down the possibility of a Direct soon. I feel like this would have been saved for something like that, and announcing one soon after this announcement would be... Odd.

D

Deleted member

Oh man. That....That hurts to hear this game is being delayed even more. But, the fact the Nintendo is getting Retro back for MP4 give me confidence that they'll be able to do something good with it.

I'll guess I'll have to wait until I'm 24 or something for this game to be released. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha....

D

Deleted member

At least humanoid. They can be animal/monster like with human characteristics. The Non-Human part is for things that aren't human at all.
Does a personality count as a Human characteristic
Look I just want to know where to put Zoe okay

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Was kind of hoping that Retro was gonna do some non Prime-related stuff but sometimes you just gotta bring in the A-Team I guess

Still, wonder what this means for that yet-to-be seen StarFox racing game (if it even exists) and any other projects Retro was working on before they were called in to MP4

osby

Smash Obsessed

Yu Narukami from Persona 4
Aegis from Persona 3
Jack Frost from Megami Tensei

...okay, if I have to be serious:
Sora, Lara Croft and Amaterasu

D

Deleted member

Real talk, when I saw that MP4 message, I was hella worried they were going to cancel the game. Thank God.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Seems I missed a couple good topics but I guess I’ll contribute.
My friend just brought up this thought in our group chat and now I’m curious. How much alike is everyone and their mains on a scale of ‘exactly the same’ to ‘polar opposite’?
:ultridley:: Aside from enjoying a bit of dark humor once in a while, I’m pretty much the opposite of this guy.
:ultmewtwo:: Well, I do dislike people in general. But in all seriousness, I have always been sort of a loner and am still trying to find my place in life.
So I have a very pressing question for everyone. Like super important and super pressing. Your answer may or may not reflect not only the future of the series but possibly the entire site. It’s so important that im taking the time to stress to you how important it is! Drop everything you’re doing and heed to my query.....

....if each Smash character had a Mortal Kombat fatality, what would they be? Please be as descriptively gory as you can be. Within the confines of the site rules and crap Meat chunks and everything.
This is just Ridley’s side-b but as a fatality. Ridley, turns his opponent around so their back faces him. He then grabs the opponent by the back of the head and drags the opponent, leaving a trail of blood and gore. Ridley then jumps and releases the opponent into the air (similar to jump canceling his side b) with their flesh and bit of the skull scrapped off, showing the skeleton underneath. The brutalized opponent lands as “Fatality” shows on the screen.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Inb4 Metroid Prime 4 still comes out before the FF7 remake.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Gutted about Prime 4, but at least they were direct and honest with us. Pikmin fans don't even know the ****'s going on with their new game.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Does a personality count as a Human characteristic
Look I just want to know where to put Zoe okay
Put her in the Non-Human section. Here's examples of what fits each section:
Male: Sora, Shadow, Geno, Magnus, Cuphead, etc.
Female: Shantae, Krystal, Lara Croft, Susie from Kirby, etc.
Non-Human: Slime, Bandana Waddle Dee, Decidueye, etc. Anything that's not human physically or just a straight up beast.

D

Deleted member

Put her in the Non-Human section. Here's examples of what fits each section:
Male: Sora, Shadow, Geno, Magnus, Cuphead, etc.
Female: Shantae, Krystal, Lara Croft, Susie from Kirby, etc.
Non-Human: Slime, Bandana Waddle Dee, Decidueye, etc. Anything that's not human physically or just a straight up beast.
Ok, got it.
Male: Sora
Female: I'm gonna pass
Non-Human: Zoe Trent

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
So I have a very pressing question for everyone. Like super important and super pressing. Your answer may or may not reflect not only the future of the series but possibly the entire site. It’s so important that im taking the time to stress to you how important it is! Drop everything you’re doing and heed to my query.....

....if each Smash character had a Mortal Kombat fatality, what would they be? Please be as descriptively gory as you can be. Within the confines of the site rules and crap Meat chunks and everything.
I’m a bit late, but I can imagine Olimar’s Pikmin beating them to death, carrying the fighter over to an Onion, it sucking them up, and then they turn into Pikmin. Mild, but disturbing

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
In about a week, quickplay will become a garden. It will be marvelous and terrible.
Welp, in that case, time to whip out the professional lawnmowers. :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:

*Lowkey hopes for surprise Deku Baba echo confirmation because that would be a glorious sight to behold....*

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, Piranha Plant should come out in February...

Anyone got some Round-Up, or other weed killers?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oof about Metroid Prime. I’ve never played, but one of my coworkers is a huge Metroid fan.

I wondered why we hadn’t heard anything for a while.

Male: Dovahkiin (despite I’d want him to pull a Robin and have 4 male and 4 female costumes)
Female: Urbosa
Animal: Tails

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It really sucks NA has to wait 4 days after the Japanese relese for KH3 and apparently to Nomura, that a " simultaneous release"

4 days after JP is simultaneous
Not to mention Nomura says he might not do it anymore after the KH3 Leak.

Gee, when we Americans have to avoid spoilers for a KH for 6 months after Japan gets it it's fine, even longer for Europe, but when JAPAN has a risk of getting spoiled it might be time to step back and not do Worldwide releases, oh gosh or darn. Boo hoo.

Can smell that bias from across the sea, Nomura.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master

If only Ivysaur's Poison type meant it could use a poisonous attack.

Swordies could just cut the plant up.

Charizard, use Flare Blitz.
Sakurai: We regret to inform you that Piranha Plant has been removed from the game.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not to mention Nomura says he might not do it anymore after the KH3 Leak.

Gee, when we Americans have to avoid spoilers for a KH for 6 months after Japan gets it it's fine, but when JAPAN has a risk of getting spoiled it might be time to step back and not do Worldwide releases, oh gosh or darn. Boo hoo.

Can smell that bias from across the sea, Nomura.
Im 100% sure he wont do it. If he wants money, he wont do it

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
ouch... metroid prime 4 delayed. im still over here waiting on pikmin 4.

I wonder if thats why we havent gotten a january direct? maybe they were deciding what to do about showing us what they have for prime 4 and decided its best not to half-ass some trailer they knew wouldnt represent the final product at all.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Pikmin 4 then Prime 4 ...

... is 4 going to become a cursed number for Nintendo like 3 is for Valve?

ROB grabs his victim and starts burning their face with his laser vision. He then takes out a sharpened gyro and slowly runs it up their body, slicing them open. Finally, ROB side b's into them, sending body chunks and viscera flying across the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom