• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"Metroid Prime 4 is now being developed by Retro Studios"
I thought... it was already? Is this actual news?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wow, I've seen doubleposts before, but never a triplepost.
I have done this several times because my work internet sometimes blocks requests made to SmashBoards so I end up getting an error and having to click "Post reply" again only to find out that every time I clicked it it actually did go through and I was bamboozled.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Welp, its time for me to leave again. I guess ill be seeing yall next week... Unless i start seeing KH3 Spoilers, then ill leave for another week cause i cant get it till next saturday. Yay. Anyway, heres a Lucky Reimu. See ya.

tumblr_pcu2n07a5I1xbwpr9o1_250.gif

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pikmin 4 then Prime 4 ...

... is 4 going to become a cursed number for Nintendo like 3 is for Valve?

ROB grabs his victim and starts burning their face with his laser vision. He then takes out a sharpened gyro and slowly runs it up their body, slicing them open. Finally, ROB side b's into them, sending body chunks and viscera flying across the screen.
welp, guess that means KH4 is gonna be delayed now

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Disappointing to hear, but I appreciate the transparency. Also I'm glad that they were more willing to restart from scratch since it shows they want to make a product they and the fans will be proud of rather then release it quickly and not live up to the original trilogy.

It does make me curious about the initial development process though. It's very rare for Nintendo to admit something didn't work for them and essentially reboot it, so I'm wondering what was going on to make that happen.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I have done this several times because my work internet sometimes blocks requests made to SmashBoards so I end up getting an error and having to click "Post reply" again only to find out that every time I clicked it it actually did go through and I was bamboozled.
Same. The internet connection is Antarctica is terrible.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I’m actually amazed how many games are getting Switch releases as well. This is really good that Nintyms getting a lot of 3p support.

I can’t imagine MK11 for Switch, but here we are...

Now to just see if it is as good. I haven’t preordered yet, but MK is definitely my guilty pleasure. I’d love to see a Nintendo guest (can we take a moment to recognize that Ganondorf would fit great?)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
No, it was confirmed not long after it was announced that Retro wasn't developing 4. I believe it was Namco? I don't think we ever got a clear cut answer on who the initial developers were.

Also makes me wonder what this means for whatever the other project Retro has had in development hell before this.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So if Retro is now doing Metroid Prime 4, what were they doing between this and Tropical Freeze? Was there a game I missed...?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here's a game, pick 3 characters to add in Smash, a male, a female and an animal/non humanoid/monster character. Here's mine:

- Male: Sora from Kingdom Hearts
- Female: Marisa Kirisame from Touhou
- Non Human: Slime from Dragon Quest
Male: Layton/Sora
Female: Amaturasu goddess form
Non human: Amaturasu

yes I used Ammy twice because I cant think of any female humans I actually want, yes I cheated, Do I still get an A?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So if Retro is now doing Metroid Prime 4, what were they doing between this and Tropical Freeze? Was there a game I missed...?
Some other project that we know exists but may or may not be in development hell atm.

And might get even more shafted if they have to shift focus to Prime 4 now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Here's a game, pick 3 characters to add in Smash, a male, a female and an animal/non humanoid/monster character. Here's mine:

- Male: Majora's Mask Young Link
- Female: Linkle
- Non-human: Wolf Link
:troll:

inb4 "ACKSHUALLY LINKLE ISN'T A FEMALE LINK"

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I’m relieved and applaud Nintendo for wanting to do right by Prime 4.....but my heart.....my little heart.....it hurts.

P4 was/is one of my must haves.....to have to wait possible years? I cri.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I’m relieved and applaud Nintendo for wanting to do right by Prime 4.....but my heart.....my little heart.....it hurts.

At least Metroid has been getting plenty of love lately. Between Returns and :ultridley:/:ultdarksamus: in Smash, the wait won't be nearly as painful as it could be.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I know a few people that might actually be angry by this news instead of just "relieved but heartbroken" like that

I'm pretty happy they didn't just release a game they knew to be subpar and want to make it up to the standards of the fans.

D

Deleted member

Well, it's good that Retro is back on Prime once again. We'll just have to wait till potentially 2025 or so for it finally come out. We can handle it...right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Male: Geno
Female: Lyn
Non Human: Amaterasu

- Male: Majora's Mask Young Link
- Female: Linkle
- Non-human: Wolf Link
:troll:

inb4 "ACKSHUALLY LINKLE ISN'T A FEMALE LINK"
ACKSHUALLY LINKLE ISN'T A FEMALE LINK.

...Just because you were inb4 it doesn't mean it can't be said.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I forgot to mention, but it's been a while since I've seen you! How's it going? :3
Rough, but alright. I'm shotgun applying to a lot of jobs trying to see if anyone will take me before I graduate in October because I want to settle down and propose to my girlfriend at some point as well as pay off a bunch of bad decision debts I put myself under.
I recently had an appointment to finally start taking medicine to help with my issues too so hopefully I don't feel so awful all the time.

How have you been? Same to everyone else, how's everyone been?

...Just because you were inb4 it doesn't mean it can't be said.
I wasn't trying to prevent it, I was trying to show that I'm aware, am still saying it, and it's not that deep for anyone who tries to get in my face about it.
Anyway, Linkle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rough, but alright. I'm shotgun applying to a lot of jobs trying to see if anyone will take me before I graduate in October because I want to settle down and propose to my girlfriend at some point as well as pay off a bunch of bad decision debts I put myself under.
I recently had an appointment to finally start taking medicine to help with my issues too so hopefully I don't feel so awful all the time.

How have you been? Same to everyone else, how's everyone been?
I hope things start getting better for you... :(
And I've been doing great, thanks for asking! I'm just about to start my math exam. Wish me luck!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It is actual news since beforehand Retro wasn’t involved with MP4...was rumored to have been Namco working on it
Guys. After days of pondering, I finally figured out the answer.

The answer we’ve all been waiting for:

View attachment 188420

It all makes sense.
only good balancing Thanos did

D

Deleted member

Okay guys, it took me almost two hours to draw this crappy piece of art, but here it is.
06DA1D04-F1BC-4310-9C35-768080E4C36D.jpeg

Mr. Saturn!!!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
At least Metroid has been getting plenty of love lately. Between Returns and :ultridley:/:ultdarksamus: in Smash, the wait won't be nearly as painful as it could be.
I’m hoping that this news will be followed by an announcement of a Prime Trilogy on Switch as a way of assuaging my heartache. Or some other 2D Metroid remaster would be awesome.

I know a few people that might actually be angry by this news instead of just "relieved but heartbroken" like that

I'm pretty happy they didn't just release a game they knew to be subpar and want to make it up to the standards of the fans.
I’m sure there will be plenty of those types. They need only be reminded of Other M.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While disappointing, the news of Prime 4 being delayed should, in my opinion, be taken as bittersweet and not entirely bad.

I mean, if nothing else we’re seeing that Nintendo is not interested in sending out subpar content. Rather, they want solid content regardless of the game, regardless of the series it comes from.

I wasn’t sure what to think when I found out Retro wasn’t involved, but now knowing that they are i’m far more confident in what we’re going to get out of that game. Not only that, but I also have a ton of other games to get through for my backlog, so I have some time to get those done.

Hey, at least we’ve got Yoshi, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing this year, right?

D

Deleted member

At least ya'll can finally shut up about Sylux being in Smash now lmao.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
what did 4 look like internally if federation force was apparently good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom