• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If any character needs buffs, it's Ridley. He has a lot of potential, but there's very little reason to choose him over someone like K. Rool when his recovery is so garbage. Fix that Up B.
Riddles is way faster then K.Rool and has sonw amazing disjoints. The two play almost completely differently.

Although I think most competitive players seem to consider him better then K.Rool at the moment.

D

Deleted member

I honestly kind of doubt we're getting a Direct this month. Probably mid-Feb. or early March at this point.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
If any character needs buffs, it's Ridley. He has a lot of potential, but there's very little reason to choose him over someone like K. Rool when his recovery is so garbage. Fix that Up B.
The only way Up B can be buffed that I can think of is reducing the start up by a tad bit. We can't add more directions to it because each direction it goes in currently has its own animation and adding more takes a lot of time. Increasing the range would have to come at the cost of reducing the damage it puts out though.

Edit: having slightly more air speed would be kinda nice too.

Last edited:

Storm0943

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2464 5707 1993
It kills me that they never brought back Poke Floats or even bothered to make a ver 2.
Never played poke floats, was it actualy good?
Guys. What if
>Doomguy as Challenger Pack 2 - Reveal when Doom Eternal comes out
>Scorpion as Challenger Pack 3 - Reveal in apr/may along with Mortal Kombat 11
>Crash Bandicoot as Challenger Pack 4 - Reveal in june along with Crash Team Racing NF
>Banjo and Kazooie as Challenger Pack 5 - Reveal in the Video Game Awards 2019
And oh boy would this be lit. Scorpion would fit perfectly into Smash IMO.
Still hoping for another Final Fantasy rep though

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Huh. We're talking about Smash in here?

Weird.

D

Deleted member

That leak doesn’t say anything about Erdrick’s alts.

So the Eight drama isn’t over yet in my brain... sadly.

D

Deleted member

Don't nerf anyone pls. It's way too early and even though we've got an idea of which characters are good, none of them feel overtly oppressive.
Riddles is way faster then K.Rool and has sonw amazing disjoints. The two play almost completely differently.

Although I think most competitive players seem to consider him better then K.Rool at the moment.
Ridley's also had somewhat respectable tournament results, unlike K. Rool who I don't think has even made top 25.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Don't nerf anyone pls. It's way too early and even though we've got an idea of which characters are good, none of them feel overtly oppressive.

Ridley's also had somewhat respectable tournament results, unlike K. Rool who I don't think has even made top 25.
That's cuz people are garbage. They're caught up in the euphoria of him without REALLY playing him. That's why I say making tier lists and the like THIS early is dumb. Post-EVO and or post DLC would be ideal.

He's a little rough but he's not BAD

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Oh yeah. I've mained Charizard throughout most of Smash 4 and I played a lot of pocket swordsmen, and Ridley's almost like a combination of the two so he's a perfect fit for me. Picking him up just came naturally.
I mained Mewtwo and Samus in Sm4sh but I just fell in love with Ivysaurs playstyle

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This smash leak was apparently posted before 2.0 was announced soo
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Also rip geno fans if true.
This post was made five days ago, long after Piranha Plant and Joker were revealed. If it had been made before Piranha Plant, that would make it seem legitimate, but this seems to be taking what we already know and piggy-backing off of the most common speculation for the identity of "brave". There doesn't seem to be any reason whatsoever to believe that this is legitimate.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Should be noted that it specifically says 'Dragon Quest III' (and Persona 5, but I wasn't expecting 3/4 music anyway). FF7 makes me think Square is very tight on keeping representation to single games.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

That leak was fake anyway. It was refutes a few days ago.

With each passing day, the more impatient I'm getting for some Super Smash Brothers updates. This whole Brave thing is driving me insane! I just want to know if the next character is someone I want or not. School will start soon so I won't be as active here once it does. I just want some updates before then.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
That 4chan rumor is literally piggybacking the 5ch rumor.

That said though Version 2 seems to me that perhaps new game modes are being added. Like say stage builder and Home Run contest. I hope to see DLC challenges so we can see funny pictures with the DLC characters in it.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
No.

Guys, stop giving weight to basic text leaks. This isn't hard to recreate. Look.
SUPER SMASH BROS. x RESIDENT EVIL 2
Leon S. Kennedy sneaks his way in from the Resident Evil series. Armed with explosive weaponry and his trusty combat knife, the R.P.D. rookie is one tough survivor.
Further, if this leak were somehow truly a rip from some official Nintendo source, this is absolutely terrible writing:
Joker steals the show from the critically acclaimed Persona 5.
The wording is lazy and sounds like Joker is stealing the show from Persona 5. Nintendo's PR department wouldn't make a blunder like that. Some anonymous guy on the internet would.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Leon S. Kennedy sneaks his way in from the Resident Evil series. Armed with explosive weaponry and his trusty combat knife, the R.P.D. rookie is one tough survivor.
holy **** it's real

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

That said though Version 2 seems to me that perhaps new game modes are being added. Like say stage builder and Home Run contest. I hope to see DLC challenges so we can see funny pictures with the DLC characters in it.
I hope they bring back For Glory. It's way better than this Elite Smash thing.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I was gonna mention that, since that's the first thing I noticed when I read it.

I just want some news already, it feels like people are hyping up these upcoming weeks.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
holy **** it's real
Goddammit I knew someone would do that.

EDIT: Is Smashboards just not doing images today again, or?

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Whoa guys, hold on! I just got news from a Nintendo employee that lives across the street from me!

"SUPER SMASH BROS. x ENERGIZER
The Energizer Bunny from the Energizer line of batteries charges into the fight! Armed with batteries, this enemy surely has batteries. "

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
SUPER SMASH BROS. x SCOOBY DOO
From the hit animated series, Shaggy swooces right in. He may look cowardly, but watch out - there's some real bravery hiding beneath that shaky exterior!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So my buddy I work with, MaskedMetaKnight just got demonitized for a video in which a Smash Bros. song plays. (Ring a Ding, if your curious.)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Whoa guys, hold on! I just got news from a Nintendo employee that lives across the street from me!

"SUPER SMASH BROS. x ENERGIZER
The Energizer Bunny from the Energizer line of batteries charges into the fight! Armed with batteries, this enemy surely has batteries. "
SUPER SMASH BROS. X SCOOBY DOO
From the hit animated series, Shaggy swooces right in. He may look cowardly, but watch out - there's some real bravery hiding beneath that shaky exterior!
Is this just going to be a meme now.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
SUPER SMASH BROS. X BUBSY
The notable iconic Bobcat finally appears again! What could possibly go wrong!?

D

Deleted member

SUPER SMASH BROS. x MARVEL COMICS
The Fantastic Four have fallen into the world of trophies! While you may play mostly as the Thing, you will temporarily become one of the other three members of Marvel’s first family by performing their specific special move.

SUPER SMASH BROS. x DC COMICS
It’s a Duck Hunt bird? It’s a Pilotwings plane? No, it’s Superman! The Man of Steel has arrived to the world of trophies in a mission to stop Galleem from taking over the multiverse. Faster than Bayonetta’s bullets, more powerful than the Blue Falcon and able to jump over an Alolan Exeggutor; he will be a great pick to any kind of player!

MARVEL vs DC COMICS
For the first time in more than 10 years, the biggest companies of the comic book industry are face to face with the addition of the Fantastic Four and Superman! Will you make them fight... or work together?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
this evening's forum game, ladies and gentlemen

do your worst
SUPER SMASH BROS. X SUPER SMASH BROS.

From the hit video game, Super Smash Bros. Smashes in! Smash might look like an easy opponent to Smash, but Smash can Smash Smashers with his special Smash attacks. Smash's Smashers won't see Smash Smash them.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
SUPER SMASH BROS. X SUPER SMASH BROS.

From the hit video game, Super Smash Bros. Smashes in! Smash might look like an easy opponent to Smash, but Smash can Smash Smashers with his special Smash attacks. Smash's Smasher's won't see Smash Smash them.
i want to hear xander mobus say this

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Male Lucina > Marth = Mars

Which main game?

Inklings clap hard as hell and the Belmonts are salty ****ers...but Is a bell...she’s doing just right with those claps

It’s because Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are ****ing god tier in making movies (with Spider-Verse, Lego Movies 1+2, Lego Batman, 21/22 Jump Street, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on your resume...you can make movies like a God)
Half Genie Hero.

D

Deleted member

Uh...I'm gonna say that this is fake. It's just another random 4ch leak and sure it got stuff right but so did that one leak during base game about Richter and Gardevoir being in the game which turned out fake cause as we all know Gardevoir is not in as playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom