• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I just sighed and rolled my eyes in K.Rool's reveal. A lot of people were hyped beyond belief. Vice versa with Isabelle.

Hype isn't objective.
Ok, I know opinions exists.

But it kinda is necessary if you’re trying to promote a game.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hard disagree but alright.

I liked her trailer more than a lot of the other ones, TBH. Not everything needs to be "LOUD HYPE REMIX WITH EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE AND EDGY SPLASH-SCREENS" like Ridley, but eh, to each their own.
I didn't say it had to be extravagant and all over the place and have explosions all over the place. No, the best part about Smash trailers is the interactions between characters that appear in them.

Villager sprinting through town to go net Mario, Mega Man facing off and blowing Mario, Link, DK, and more sky high, Wii Fit Trainer blind siding Mario, Link, and Kirby, Rosalina and Luma knocking Kirby onto a Mario Kart track, Samus making fun of Little Mac's height, Pit facing off with Link in Palutena's Trailer, Pac-Man and Game & Watch, Captain Falcon almost breaking the sound barrier on Lucina's face, the epic as hell battle between Shulk, Link, and Marth, Bowser Jr. chasing down Mega Man and kicking Mario's ass, legacy 8 bit characters showing up to meet Duck Hunt, Ridley killing Mega Man and Mario, Luigi getting scared by Castlevania monsters, K. Rool smacking the **** out DeDeDe, Little Max facing off with Ken, Inceneroar fighting Ken "Fire with fire".

All these trailers have super cool moments that show the whole point of Smash. The crossover. These cool meetings between characters that obviously shouldn't happen but they do. Isabelle's trailer could have been something special like say seeing Fox, Falco, Wolf, or someone else in the Animal Crossing style and having them delivering the letter Instead of "Pete". It can still be mellow and have some cool interactions in it. As it stands though you could literally eliminate the dialogue from the scene and it could just as easily be a cutscene from an Animal Crossing game. The crossover aspect is not even referenced not even as little as it was in Villagers announcement. And that is such a super stupid missed opportunity. People want to see the crossover aspect of a crossover game. They want to see the interactions between the characters because that's why they're playing the game in the first place. Because they love the characters.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The purple and yellow chairs theory was still the stupidest thing conducted by Smash fans.

If anything, I thought the Moon hurted Skull Kid’s chances because it was such an obvious Final Smash for him.
I mean, the moon being an assist trophy wouldn't have stopped it from also being Skull Kid's final smash. Riki is an assist and part of Shulk's final Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We need the Persona version of Smash.
And then we need the Persona dancing game version of Smash.

Complete with canon Hatsune Miku
I demand a Splatoon dancing game with the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook.

That'd be GOAT.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The biggest issue with the Isabelle trailer was the one week delay for the Direct, to be met by such a low-key trailer announcing such an obvious newcomer was pretty underwhelming after everyone hyped themselves up way too much, especially if you weren't an AC fan as that was the actual intended hype moment of the announcement.

I didn't mind it at the time since we had already gotten so much amazing stuff in the past two announcements, but I do kinda get where people come from. Obvious newcomers are always a bit underwhelming when you're not a supporter of them, I was always pretty neutral towards Little Mac and Palutena for example, but I was thoroughly whelmed by their announcements (even if Mac's trailer was dope).

Inkling's announcement was very good in this way as they announced them with the game, so even if you didn't care for them there was still all the reason in the world to be hype.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, the moon being an assist trophy wouldn't have stopped it from also being Skull Kid's final smash. Riku is an assist and part of Shulk's final Smash.
Also Chrom is both a fighter and an FS, **** the rules

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
R.O.B best dancer
I wonder what dance moves he'd know.
I'd wager he'd intentionally never do The Robot because that's too on the nose.

I demand a Splatoon dancing game with the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook.

That'd be GOAT.
I want literally anything Splatoon related to exist. I don't care what. Splatoon Warriors? Give me. Splatoon x Fire Emblem? Gimme. Splatoon x Grand Theft Auto? Gimme.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Also Chrom is both a fighter and an FS, **** the rules
Chrom still being Robin's final smash was like Falco still saying "personally, I prefer the air" then bringing down a ****ING LANDMASTER in 4.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The worst trailer was K.Rool's because it didn't even ****ing show off his gimmick and for a character who has been dead for the last decade and might have been saved from the pits of hell solely because of the ballot, when the best you have is "haha look remember when he did this?" Then you might as well have picked a different character from the ballot. Seriously though K.Rool being a ****ing Broly/Juggernaut is something you can sell on people, it's why bad players flock to him instantly. Was the gimmick added late in development or something?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I forgot this was in the context of Hitler being a boss- this made me picture Kirby eating Hitler for his powers and getting a little... stache or something.
kirby inhales hitler and gets the powers of

no you know what i'm not finishing this joke

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The worst trailer was K.Rool's because it didn't even ****ing show off his gimmick and for a character who has been dead for the last decade and might have been saved from the pits of hell solely because of the ballot, when the best you have is "haha look remember when he did this?" Then you might as well have picked a different character from the ballot. Seriously though K.Rool being a ****ing Broly/Juggernaut is something you can sell on people, it's why bad players flock to him instantly. Was the gimmick added late in development or something?
Are you talking about the belly armor? Cause that WAS shown. The part where he dash attacks Mac.

D

Deleted member

I didn't say it had to be extravagant and all over the place and have explosions all over the place. No, the best part about Smash trailers is the interactions between characters that appear in them.

Villager sprinting through town to go net Mario, Mega Man facing off and blowing Mario, Link, DK, and more sky high, Wii Fit Trainer blind siding Mario, Link, and Kirby, Rosalina and Luma knocking Kirby onto a Mario Kart track, Samus making fun of Little Mac's height, Pit facing off with Link in Palutena's Trailer, Pac-Man and Game & Watch, Captain Falcon almost breaking the sound barrier on Lucina's face, the epic as hell battle between Shulk, Link, and Marth, Bowser Jr. chasing down Mega Man and kicking Mario's ***, legacy 8 bit characters showing up to meet Duck Hunt, Ridley killing Mega Man and Mario, Luigi getting scared by Castlevania monsters, K. Rool smacking the **** out DeDeDe, Little Max facing off with Ken, Inceneroar fighting Ken "Fire with fire".

All these trailers have super cool moments that show the whole point of Smash. The crossover. These cool meetings between characters that obviously shouldn't happen but they do. Isabelle's trailer could have been something special like say seeing Fox, Falco, Wolf, or someone else in the Animal Crossing style and having them delivering the letter Instead of "Pete". It can still be mellow and have some cool interactions in it. As it stands though you could literally eliminate the dialogue from the scene and it could just as easily be a cutscene from an Animal Crossing game. The crossover aspect is not even referenced not even as little as it was in Villagers announcement. And that is such a super stupid missed opportunity. People want to see the crossover aspect of a crossover game. They want to see the interactions between the characters because that's why they're playing the game in the first place. Because they love the characters.
I liked Isabelle's trailer beacuse it was such a faithful recreation to an Animal Crossing cutscene. As a huge fan of the series, that really appealed to me. I wasn't saying she had an "objectively good trailer" because you can't say she did or didn't. As others have said, hype is subjective, and I personally got way more hyped for Isabelle than K. Rool and Ridley combined.

The lack of crossover elements didn't ruin it for me. I think the way her trailer was done was perfect for her and her character, and was an excellent nod towards AC fans with how it was structured to look exactly like New Leaf.

I want literally anything Splatoon related to exist. I don't care what. Splatoon Warriors? Give me. Splatoon x Fire Emblem? Gimme. Splatoon x Grand Theft Auto? Gimme.
I will unapologetically geek out over anything Splatoon related. Splatoon spin-offs and more cross-over content is inevitably gonna happen at this point, and I can't wait to see where they go with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

remember when ken literally got ****ing picture leaked and everyone just went "eh we already knew he was in"

good times

(seriously you can picture leak ANY fighter and you choose the one we all knew was in anyways? damn)
Imagine if it had been Incineroar. :p

Grinch Leak would have gone very different.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
kirby inhales hitler and gets the powers of

no you know what i'm not finishing this joke
...Mediocre painting skills.

I will unapologetically geek out over anything Splatoon related. Splatoon spin-offs and more cross-over content is inevitably gonna happen at this point, and I can't wait to see where they go with them.
Anything to give me more information on the lore and stuff.
I eat that **** up

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Imagine if it had been Incineroar. :p

Grinch Leak would have gone very different.
I'm wondering if it really would. People were kinda hellbent on it being real, I think they would have sooner tried to dismantle a picture leak with Incineroar than admit to the Grinch leak having no chance of being real.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Our Persona boss will be ??? from the Answer and it will be our horror rep because did you saw the cutscene after its defeat?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Are you talking about the belly armor? Cause that WAS shown. The part where he dash attacks Mac.
That's the only part of it to the point many assumed "Hey his dash attack has armour". Considering armour is his entire ****ing gimmick and vital to playing K.Rool, you need more than a single clip of dash attack. The fact we only knew about this gimmick at the full demo a month before release is a goddamn crime

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm wondering if it really would. People were kinda hellbent on it being real, I think they would have sooner tried to dismantle a picture leak with Incineroar than admit to the Grinch leak having no chance of being real.
It's still real.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let’s go further back.

-The “PAC-Man” cloud in Greninja’s trailer
-Ridley’s shadow in the 4 April direct
The Pac-Man one I still stand behind. A Bandai-Namco game doesn't just have a Pac-Man cloud accidentally, especially given how often the Sprite gets slipped into games as an Easter egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom