• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Piccolo WAS a villain in the OG Dragon Ball. In fact, he's explicitly stated to be the "dark half" of the Nameless Namek, even when turned to the good side. That movie is hardly relevant...
I know about original DG and the past rivalry between Goku and Piccolo.

But I need to ask sometimes to make sure that I don´t confuse certain things.

D

Deleted member

If the line references original DB instead of the cursed movie, things are going right.

At least I didn´t find Deku´s line racist like those Twitter users.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Maybe it's because I know nothing about DB, but how does calling someone a villain makes you racist?
Piccolo is often called "the black guy" of Dragon Ball. He used to be an antagonist and Deku is from a universe where super heroes are a dime a dozen.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Technically, Piccolo used to be Goku´s rival for a period of time, so Deku´s line could just be a reference to that... Or at worst about THAT cursed movie where he was literally the villain.
see, Id understand that and yeah, that would make since

But come on twitter, Racist?

There is a reason why the director for shield hero said we are too soft. Whats not a problem to everyone else is literaly the equivalent of geneside for the West,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am slowly and surely convincing myself that Tracer is a sleeper pick what do I do

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Things have been pretty heavy in the industry lately. This is certainly stupid, but it ain't the only thing going on in the industry and that particular big thing is pretty serious and a gigantic mess.
Racist Deku is a meme though, similar to the "HOLD YOUR FIRE! THAT MAN IS NOT BLACK!" line in DBS, hardly intentional but memes find a way

Iridium

Smash Hero
Piccolo is often called "the black guy" of Dragon Ball. He used to be an antagonist and Deku is from a universe where super heroes are a dime a dozen.
That's exactly why we don't apply headcanons to everything first.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All this talk about Dragon Ball confuses me.

All I know about it is the characters take 30 years to begin battles.

D

Deleted member

All this talk about Dragon Ball confuses me.

All I know about it is the characters take 30 years to begin battles.
Twitter people being stupid as usual. Nothing to see.

Also, as a fan of Dragon Ball, you're not wrong.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Get that weakness outta here.

We live in the era of fake outrage. People will jump at anything to prove how much of a "good" person they are.
Please don't tell me you're taking a meme seriously here. Again, it's a joke about how nobody seems to remember the fact that Piccolo used to be a villain. It was back when death seemed to actually matter in Dragon Ball. God, it's so embarrassing if you genuinely believe people are actually upset about Deku and not, you know, messing around?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
D

Deleted member

I still want to know what THAT movie is, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
Dragon Ball Evolution , from the studio behind all of the Fantastic Four movies

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Set your expectations low. For all we know, we might not get any Smash info at all in the next Direct, not even a Joker trailer. I don't think that outcome is very likely, but just remember to hype responsibly.
Also I guess Christina Vee was voicing Edelgard after all. Not for Smash though, seemingly. We'll see. Either way, get hyped, but not too hyped.

Last edited:

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
Dragon Ball Evolution , from the studio behind all of the Fantastic Four movies
Oh god no, not THAT I've only heard about how terrible it is. Never seen it though, I'll keep it in my mind to never look at it or think about it again.

D

Deleted member

Set your expectations low. For all we know, we might not get any Smash info at all in the next Direct, not even a Joker trailer. I don't think that outcome is very likely, but just remember to hype responsibly.
Also I guess Christina Vee was voicing Edelgard after all. Not for Smash though, seemingly. We'll see. Either way, get hyped, but not too hyped.
I don't care.
I'll take any kind of reveals after the awful week I had.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Who the hell cares about Smash? People want more Nintendo games this year and Three Houses potentially not being delayed is more hype than anything Smash could come up with for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom