• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd say "beating Level 9 CPUs doesn't necessarily make you good at the game on a competitive level", but with the new AI I'm not sure any more.
It'll make you good when they stop walking into charged smash attacks.

D

Deleted member

I agree.
We shouldn’t bash people because of their voice.

And trust me, I know how it feels to be harassed because of the way you sound or talk.
Oof.
Sorry fellas, I didn’t make my intention clear; I don’t really think anything of the voice, wasn’t mocking them for that.
Just making a joke about what was then the topic.
:)

D

Deleted member

Yeh. I just personally feel she’s faking it. Especially sense she doesn’t have the cleanest track record as far as YT goes.
I only heard that she messes a bit with the search filters to make her videos too easy to find on Youtube by anyone.
Besides that, not much else.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I agree.
We shouldn’t bash people because of their voice.

And trust me, I know how it feels to be harassed because of the way you sound or talk.
It's kind of hard to say if it is fake or not...
She's got all the anime tropes there (not that that is a bad thing, but I do recommend something more original.) and it wouldn't be a stretch to say she is faking the voice too. Still, nothing's really written in stone yet, so I can't say anything. As Taylor said, she also doesn't have the cleanest track record.

. . What is their track record like. .?
She uses tags such as "TheOdd1sOut" and "JaidenAnimations".

I only heard that she messes a bit with the search filters to make her videos too easy to find on Youtube by anyone.
Still a bit scummy. Using someones name just for publicity. When I search up a youtuber, I don't wanna get someone else.

D

Deleted member

. . What is their track record like. .?
Putting fake tags on her vids and saying things then saying the exact opposite. (Example, saying she was bullied for her voice then a few sentences later saying she wasn’t.

True. They feel like a fake to me, tbh.

D

Deleted member

Beating CPUS is easier than beating competitive players, you know.
I mostly talk about the CPUs because many people online claim that they are an actual challenge in Ultimate and are hard to beat overall.
But it is true that I will have to play some matches online the day I get the Online Subscription (which I don’t know when it will happen).

D

Deleted member

Putting fake tags on her vids and saying things then saying the exact opposite. (Example, saying she was bullied for her voice then a few sentences later saying she wasn’t.
Hm. Sounds like a center of drama to me.

D

Deleted member

To get good, you have to get good and learn the techs.
Beefy Smash Doods is a very good channel to help you with Smash Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

tbh level 8 cpus act like a kinda meh player while level 9 cpus are frame perfect reaction gods who don't know how to fundamentally play the game

if you're gonna practice then practice online but if you can't then use level 8s imo

KMDP

Smash Legend
It'll make you good when they stop walking into charged smash attacks.
I think they programmed it so that the AI does stupid things sometimes so that you have an actual chance of beating them.

Unfortunately, most people who are good at the game don't just walk into charged attacks (not just Smash Attacks, they'll just walk into stuff like Flare Blade too).

A better way to have programmed it would be that sometimes, the AI miscalculates the range of their attacks or blocks/dodges at the wrong times.

The way it is now, the AI will just go into a sequence of... doing nothing for no reason, or running away for no reason, and other things like that.
Speaking of "techs", I need to learn how to tech.

I also need to get better at off-stage play, since that's my biggest weakness (basically, I'm Little Mac, I ain't no air fighter).

MainJPW

M.T.A
I believe certain characters like Amy and Rouge have worn sandals (also Big), so we can extrapolate from there to apply the trait to other Sonic characters.
I don’t think Rouge has, but I have looked at some official art of characters who’s feet we have seen:

I made this for some “Sonic anthros are evolved Chao” headcanon over a year ago and of course this was one of the similarities ( it’s an old handcanon that’s been around on SSMB for years ). The animal buddies on the other hand do have toes so that’s one of the original connections that was made.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wanna know who isn't good? This one kid at my school. He claimed he was the best as Smash. He said he beats all the lv. 1 CPUs. I asked about level 9 CPUs. He said he didn't fight those. I said I could totally beat him in a battle, and he said I couldn't, because he could change my level...Ok?

Because game logic is already messed up, as it is...
"True dat!"
I'm not sorry.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh are we discussing A.I. in Smash?

Omega Ridley spirit battle.

Ridley decides to go swimming in Norfair’s lava instead of fighting me.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh are we discussing A.I. in Smash?

Omega Ridley spirit battle.

Ridley decides to go swimming in Norfair’s lava instead of fighting me.
I wish I had your luck, the Ridley AI for me was always super aggressive, and the fact that he had curry status meant you couldn't actually attack him up close.

Eventually I remembered that the Franklin Badge was a thing.

D

Deleted member

I am just curious about one thing:
How do you all feel about Hytale?
https://hytale.com/
( It is not out yet, but how do you feel about it? )

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, is it good that I win against every lvl9 CPU?
Or a huge number of people can do so already?

D

Deleted member

I wish I had your luck, the Ridley AI for me was always super aggressive, and the fact that he had curry status meant you couldn't actually attack him up close.

Eventually I remembered that the Franklin Badge was a thing.
I just used Franklin Badge, and then spammed Simon's N-Air until he died.

This was actually my strategy, and it worked first time.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pretty much everyone can do it now, even me despite sucking at Smash.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
This is the first I've ever heard of it.
I mean, it's good for stuff like Classic Mode.

But the thing about beating CPUs is that it can build up bad habits (if the computer can't deal with certain strategies then you learn to use those strategies to win, which is something real people will pick up on and punish you for).

D

Deleted member

I wish that I could play online.
But I don’t want to get the Service until they add N64 titles, SNES games and/or the SNES remake of DQ3.

D

Deleted member

I don't get why so many people within the Minecraft community are making a big deal out of it, it just looks like another Minecraft knock-off and will probably be forgotten a few days after release.

D

Deleted member

I don't get why so many people within the Minecraft community are making a big deal out of it, it just looks like another Minecraft knock-off and will probably be forgotten a few days after release.
People are making a big deal out of it because it’s being made by the team behind the most popular Minecraft server ever.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey, look, it's Minecraft, but with none of the charm
Well, they clearly stated it is not a copy of Minecraft.
They say it is completely different, but they got some ideas of it.
Notch even likes the idea.

How do you feel about it now?

To me, it looks pretty interesting. It will most likely not be so good it takes over Minecraft, but it is something.

D

Deleted member

To me, it looks pretty interesting. It will most likely not be so good it takes over Minecraft, but it is something.
Still feel the same. TBH

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
This kind of stuff is why I hate the game market nowadays. People only care about copying successful titles and forget to make their own original stuff. You can clearly see that the team that developed that has skill, but they decided to waste it in a ripoff that people will forget soon after release.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

It still doesn’t feel much different. Just looks like Minecraft wish different mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom