• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, it's not like this is an old image I made that I post whenever it's relevant.

View attachment 190828

Nope, not at all.
I meant in reference to the uh...game it's referencing >_>

a bunch of us were kinda scarred over it yesterday...the "Double Peace" game if you will

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
it was a literal game breaking glitch lol It would let you but then you wouldnt be able to save the game and other stuff like not being able to boot up the game

but, of course, people spun it as "nintendo is homophobic"
That's not how it went. You're confusing the facts. There was a bug in the initial release in Japan that allowed two male characters to get married, but it was not game breaking and Nintendo went out of their way to patch it. That patched version was then later released internationally.

The problem is, that's not true. People did love Tomodachi Life when it launched in Japan. But part of what they loved about it, according to a report by my Kotaku colleague Brian Ashcraft, is that there was initially a bug in the software that allowed players to indulge in gay relationships – or at least male ones. Japanese players were "thrilled by the bug, posting photos of their gay couples online". When Nintendo got wind of the game letting players do things they couldn't legally do in their own country, it quickly issued an update to eliminate the glitch. Dissenting players responded on social media by vowing not to download it.
Source.

D

Deleted member

I have found an image off of reddit that accurately describes me playing Smash Bros.

What can I say, Moray Towers and Tomodachi Life are cool stages. :drshrug:

Also, Ebb & Flow.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I meant in reference to the uh...game it's referencing >_>
Yeah, I know.

I'm just saying, IIRC, the reason I made this image in the first place is because somebody brought up the idea of F-Zero as an FPS or a Dating Sim, and I was like,

"MMmmMmMMmMmMWhy not both?"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, I know.

I'm just saying, IIRC, the reason I made this image in the first place is because somebody brought up the idea of F-Zero as an FPS or a Dating Sim, and I was like,

"MMmmMmMMmMmMWhy not both?"
I wouldn't even call it a dating sim tbh...

I just

prefer not to even remember it exists

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's not how it went. You're confusing the facts. There was a bug in the initial release in Japan that allowed two male characters to get married, but it was not game breaking and Nintendo went out of their way to patch it. That patched version was then later released internationally.
but nintendo literaly said it would make the player not be able to continue with the game

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
it was a literal game breaking glitch lol It would let you but then you wouldnt be able to save the game and other stuff like not being able to boot up the game

but, of course, people spun it as "nintendo is homophobic"
"Nintendo are so homophobic they'll break your game to keep you from engaging in the gay stuff"
I feel bad for male dancers too because some women also cant keep their hands to themselves
Men and Women can be just as bad as one another.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I wouldn't even call it a dating sim tbh...

I just

prefer not to even remember it exists
I know it's not a dating sim, but the opportunity was too great to pass up.

Whenever I see the opportunity for a solid paint edit, I take it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They don't have the right to be creepy, but that isn't going to stop some of them.
That's why I'm of the belief that if someone's head is messed up enough to assault someone just because they work in an adult industry, the rest of their body should get messed up to match.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
"Nintendo are so homophobic they'll break your game to keep you from engaging in the gay stuff"
tho what you can do give your mii a girls/mans voice and give them girls/mans clothes so actually, you can still have gay peeps in your game. Ive done it several times

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
If I had a video game composer compose the music of my everyday Id pick Yoko just so I can hear The Afternoon Streets and play when I wake up in the morning
Not Lazy Afternoons?

I'd go for Lazy Afternoons.
tho what you can do give your mii a girls/mans voice and give them girls/mans clothes so actually, you can still have gay peeps in your game. Ive done it several times
Loopholes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Doki Doki Literature Club is cancer!!
I don't think so. I think it was pretty neat for what it set out to do, which was to tell a fairly subversive story with the visual novel genre. Plus Monika's a pretty neat character.

D

Deleted member

Anyone up For a BATTLE ARENA I need to test my potential secondary's

D

Deleted member

It's been how many ****ing years yet people are still defending the **** Nintendo pulled with Tomodachi Life, huh?

D

Deleted member

I don't think so. I think it was pretty neat for what it set out to do, which was to tell a fairly subversive story with the visual novel genre. Plus Monika's a pretty neat character.
It's a fine game but it's still cancer

D

Deleted member

Doki Doki Literature Club is cancer!!
Have you even played it?
In my experience, it was a great horror game and it gets very deep. It is one of the better viral games.
Using cancer as an insult is very low.
Think about all of the people who have cancer. My family had cancer as well.
Cancer is a very bad and tragic thing, but using cancer as an insult is insulting people with cancer.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I Actually typed out Lazy Afternoons first lol. Yeah Id pick Lazy Afternoons, specificly the 2.5 remix
Lazy Afternoons feels like a really "Final Fantasy" song to me (in the best way).

I think it's the subtle violins in the background.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It is weird that, instead of reading “shining bacon” I saw “teleported bread” in the thread title?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Men and Women can be just as bad as one another.
Lets actually not do this. Because dangerous men have proven to be far more prevalent than dangerous women. There's a reason a lot of women walk around with pepper spray and keys in between their fingers.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Lets actually not do this. Because dangerous men have proven to be far more prevalent than dangerous women. There's a reason a lot of women walk around with pepper spray and keys in between their fingers.
Just because one is more prevalent than the other doesn't mean it should be treated more seriously. Both should be acknowledged equally.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But lets also not rule out some dangerous woman too. In the end, everyone has problems

Humans have problems

Thats why I like animals more.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Just because one is more prevalent than the other doesn't mean it should be treated more seriously. Both should be acknowledged.
Yes, but the two should not be equated, one is far more dangerous and prevalent. There's a reason the MeToo movement is primarily about accusing men. They do it far more, to the point where it requires a movement
But lets also not rule out some dangerous woman too. In the end, everyone has problems

Humans have problems
You're comparing a small handful of mostly isolated cases to a major recurring problem

Obviously it's all wrong, but there is a reason you don't hear about one side nearly as much

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yes, but the two should not be equated, one is far more dangerous and prevalent. There's a reason the MeToo movement is primarily about accusing men. They do it far more, to the point where it requires a movement

You're comparing a small handful of mostly isolated cases to a major recurring problem

Obviously it's all wrong, but there is a reason one side isn't paid as much attention to
Random question, you ever heard of the cosplayer Momokun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom