• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man, what if they just out of nowhere drop a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 tease/announcement like next week or whenever during this Direct lmao
I'd worry for that new IP Monolith wanted to work on.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man, what if they just out of nowhere drop a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 tease/announcement like next week or whenever during this Direct lmao
It's more likely Elma's game will get a sequel first before we see XC3 proper.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Instead, there's probably gonna be Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Episode 1

Then Episode 2

Episode 3 gets cancelled on a major cliffhanger

D

Deleted member

Did you all know I can sword fight really well?
( Sorry if this was off topic. )

Either way, I am hoping for Smash, Pokémon and Animal Crossing in the Direct.
I am predicting F-Zero and Mother 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graizen

Smash Champion
So what you think will be the next 4 DLC characters?

For me:

Erdrick
Agumon
Steve
Scorpion

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What was with the push for Lycanroc? I never heard anyone talk about it back during the leadup and subsequent release of Sun and Moon, but then last year with Smash on the horizon, Lycanroc was suddenly the new hotness. The only Gen VIII Pokemon I heard a lot of hype for consistently was Decidueye.

I'd join if I wasn't tired and at work :ohwell:
You can probably thank Delzethin, for Lycanroc's notoriety in Smash Speculation

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Sorry buddy. I'm split between posting on this site and doing homework right now. Maybe later.

But that's the thing, supposedly Platinum did the battle system and then handed it back to Cygames.

This straight up says otherwise with them being purged from the website.

At this point, expect the worst case scenario I feel.
what can I say other then
oof​

Still not a good sign they were just erased like that but that may be just me
Yeah. I know the signs aren't looking too good right now. But I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic (which is, ironically, the exact opposite of how I'd be for Smash speculation).

We're probably getting more info on Relink alongside Versus info during the 5th anniversary event next month. So hopefully, they'll clear some stuff up then.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Instead, there's probably gonna be Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Episode 1

Then Episode 2

Episode 3 gets cancelled on a major cliffhanger
That has happened too many times. Hopefully there’s more games starts to not get cancelled and never finish their stories past 2 whole episodes down the road.
First 3 are good.

Scorpion is most likely a never ever considering Mortal Kombat is a banned series in Japan.
Japan can’t handle Mortal Kombat...yet they can deal with gruesome anime...what kinda dumb **** is that?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
First 3 are good.

Scorpion is most likely a never ever considering Mortal Kombat is a banned series in Japan.
wait, it is? i never knew this before...interesting

I'd expect it tho due to Japan being very touchy with violence in games, like 2012's Lollipop Chainsaw being rated CERO Z there, the highest rating possible

D

Deleted member

Sorry buddy. I'm split between posting on this site and doing homework right now. Maybe later.

Yeah. I know the signs aren't looking too good right now. But I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic (which is, ironically, the exact opposite of how I'd be for Smash speculation).

We're probably getting more info on Relink alongside Versus info during the 5th anniversary event next month. So hopefully, they'll clear some stuff up then.
Welp there’s always tomorrow

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
There's NO way we're gettin XC3 now. (As much as I'd want that)

We're more likely to get XCX2 or a XCX port at this point, which, if I'm being honest, isn't that likely to happen right now.

D

Deleted member

I'd worry for that new IP Monolith wanted to work on.
Xenoblade 2 took 40 people to make, so I think with how much of an increase not only work-people wise, but financially too, we can have both.

If I'm right though, how we got Xenoblade 3 before Mother 3 will make me feel confused.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wait, it is? i never knew this before...interesting

I'd expect it tho due to Japan being very touchy with violence in games, like 2012's Lollipop Chainsaw being rated CERO Z there, the highest rating possible
still stupid logic to me

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

For me:

Erdrick
Agumon
Steve
Scorpion
Erdrick I don't think this one needs explaining
Either Professor Layton or Jibanyan Level 5 is a notable third party publisher for Nintendo, that has yet to have a rep in Smash, yet
Steve Has legacy, history with Nintendo, relevancy, marketability, and Sakurai bias all working in his favor... I'd be shocked, if he wasn't at least, considered
Lloyd Bandai Namco is overdue for another character

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

For me:

Erdrick
Agumon
Steve
Scorpion
I'm gonna be super different from the pack for this:

1. "Brave" is either Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia, or someone from Bravely Default
2. Elma - heavily pushed as a DLC Blade in Xenoblade 2 even with her own trailer, and contrary to what Monolith Soft said, I think they may in fact be working on an X port in secret
3. Bandana Dee - Japan's most wanted
4. some surprise 3rd party like Rayman idk

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

For me:

Erdrick
Agumon
Steve
Scorpion
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know
I don't know

At this point, I don't know what in the world Nintendo is doing. So I'm not gonna try to predict the characters at this point since there's a very good chance that predictions based on what we know can be completely inaccurate.

D

Deleted member

For me:

Erdrick
Agumon
Steve
Scorpion
Erdrick (Ob-vi-ous-ly there is no way in hell Erdrick isn't the SE rep at this point)
Steve/Banjo (I do think Steve is way more likely but I wouldn't discount Banjo just yet or until he gets officially deconfirmed)
Sans (Sakurai likes Undertale and I just have a gut feeling that Sans is coming)
A random 3rd party (Crash/Rayman/Etc. I think the DLC will be fully 3rd party)

It’s moved to tomorrow
Okay, Also I apologize about not responding Sooner when you wanted to do an Arena I was grinding on Quickplay and was AFK

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

For me:

Erdrick
Agumon
Steve
Scorpion
It's not that Sakurai is totally unpredictable, but my own choices have so much going for and against them that it's not worth speculating. Expecting too much only to be disappointed, or assuming the worst all the time can be draining things to do. Better to just pretend the content will be at least serviceable.

That, and I've played cheerleader enough times on this site for certain users to remember who I'm advocating for anyway. I do hope we get more along the line beyond this Pass though. There's potential to strike the hearts of all audiences. Steveposters, Doomposters, Reimuposters, MOTIVATEDposters, you name them.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Really? What happened? He just made a case for why the character would be a good pick, and people just started believing that it'd happen?
As someone who’s been a supporter prior to last year, I think support naturally grew as Smash speculation started picking up.

Prior to Smash Ultimate’s initial tease, Smash was barely discussed here and on the internet in general. And when a big youtuber made a video, Decidueye was usually the one considered. I’ve seen a couple of people did suggest Lycanroc and I’ve seen a couple of people mention about wanting them, but it never went beyond that.

Delzethin’s video on Lycanroc would’ve been a year old (the older prior to Dusk’s reveal), and Lycanroc discussion was dead at that point. But then over a couple of days, a couple of people started to talk about Lycanroc and started forming arguements on why Lycanroc could’ve been included, and support started getting bigger.

I suppose the reason it wasn’t discussed as much was because Smash wasn’t discussed as much and people just went Decidueye.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Imagine the censorship needed to get Ivy in...
Dawg, like Pyra is in uncensored, so I don't know. People get really weird about that type of stuff.

And yet there's a visage of a woman's naughty bits in one of the Yoshi games so like:yoshi:

I think the costume wear she has the most clothes on is actually the best one.

(Not being politically correct, I actually think that)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'know, I've always wondered. We've always known what Japan's most wanted character is for Smash Ultimate DLC, but what about the Americas or Europe, for that matter? It always seems to be a mish mash of juggling favorites, but not dead-set on one character.

D

Deleted member

Okay I did not make this, but here is a fun thing.
Take the letters in your first name, day you were born and what month you were born.
10 * 8 * 26
( Disclaimer, this is not mine. Just an example. )
There are 809 Pokemon.
If you get a result that is bigger than 809, divide by 2 until you reach a number lower than 809.
When you get your number, look at what Pokémon you are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom