• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I would also add Death of a Salesman for its interpretation of a tragic hero (and work), Night by Elie Wiesel, and Animal Farm. Yeah, books with more tragic endings always seem to appeal more.
I can't vouch for the first two, but Animal Farm is pretty good. Not my favorite book ever though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey remember when I said that i'd need a really bad losing streak, maybe 20 matches, for my little mac to get kicked out of elite smash?

yeaaaaahhhhh it was really bad

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, survey time.

Fire Emblem Warriors. The events of the game itself aren't canon, but seeing as Intelligent Systems was onboard and oversaw the supports, the content of those supports would be canon, correct? Like obviously, say, Tharja and Navarre, for instance, would never meet, but if they had a support, it would be how those two would canonically interact. And as such, any backstory information for characters given there WOULD be canon, right? That's how I see it at least.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Everyone else: What character are we going to post about now?
Me:
freegifmaker.me_2fjy1.gif

Just gonna sit and relax.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Actually, survey time.

Fire Emblem Warriors. The events of the game itself aren't canon, but seeing as Intelligent Systems was onboard and oversaw the supports, the content of those supports would be canon, correct? Like obviously, say, Tharja and Navarre, for instance, would never meet, but if they had a support, it would be how those two would canonically interact. And as such, any backstory information for characters given there WOULD be canon, right? That's how I see it at least.
Since IS oversaw it I imagine that would be the case. I doubt they would approve of a backstory that they... didn't approve of.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Actually, survey time.

Since IS were involved and would have had to sign off on them, then I'd agree with you.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Actually, survey time.

I think that fits.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright dudes, I should be ready to potentially play online here shortly. If any of you want to play feel free to join.

Just playing one more round for fun against CPUs.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Actually, survey time.

I'd say so.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright dudes, I should be ready to potentially play online here shortly. If any of you want to play feel free to join.

Just playing one more round for fun against CPUs.
With how much I bit the dust today I don't think I can go on. I lost so many goddamn times and they were all close it's not ****ing fair aaaaaaaaaaa

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Noooooo!

That ****** Cheryl killed a Shiny Buneary now. I took out her chansey and she sent makihita in with ****ing bullet punch and killed the shiny.

****. I should have used save states

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Noooooo!

That ****** Cheryl killed a Shiny Buneary now. I took out her chansey and she sent makihita in with ****ing bullet punch and killed the shiny.

****. I should have used save states
So we all agree Cheryl is secretly evil now right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we all agree Cheryl is secretly evil now right?
Yes absolutely. I didn’t think that stupid makuhita would have used bullet punch. I was going to end her team to capture the shiny damn. After this happening twice I’m walking out of here with a shiny one way or another

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
With how much I bit the dust today I don't think I can go on. I lost so many goddamn times and they were all close it's not ****ing fair aaaaaaaaaaa
Ah, that feeling. Don’t be too hard on yourself. If you’re tilted or frustrated it will just make things worse, for real.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So, the moment Gwen clarified Brelooming's obvious liking towards the Pokemon Breloom, I got to work on the drawing. Currently I'm wrapping up inking, but I feel I should ask, should I go through with finishing up the drawing? It's possible I won't be done until tomorrow, and by then it's very possible people may have wanted to put this behind us, once again understandably so. I don't want to rehash the subject knowing how sensitive it is.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, the moment Gwen clarified Brelooming's obvious liking towards the Pokemon Breloom, I got to work on the drawing. Currently I'm wrapping up inking, but I feel I should ask, should I go through with finishing up the drawing? It's possible I won't be done until tomorrow, and by then it's very possible people may have wanted to put this behind us, once again understandably so. I don't want to rehash the subject knowing how sensitive it is.
I think you should finish it

D

Deleted member

Actually, survey time.

Ah damn, my hunch was wrong then. Curious about the plot hole brought up by FEW but I'd say if it directly contradicts stuff from the main games, you should ignore it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Would it be in poor taste to propose the idea of sending his parents something?

I don't mean anything physical but, like, a collage of screencaps of our love and support for them and us telling them how much we enjoyed and loved Brelooming? I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through right now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'd say you should finish it.
Would it be in poor taste to propose the idea of sending his parents something?

I don't mean anything physical but, like, a collage of screencaps of our love and support for them and us telling them how much we enjoyed and loved Brelooming? I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through right now.
Frankly I think they would love it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My apologies for the disconnect, I will move downstairs for better internet.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
I saw what happened and I'll try not to go too deep on it since I'm aware it has been discussed previously.
As someone whose aunt passed away last year due to cancer, these types of events are very heavy and it'd be a lie to say anyone can truly get over it. "It's like a gaping wound that constantly heals up and then is torn open again." It's extremely rough but that's why we have each other. If the wound opens again, don't feel afraid to rely on someone. No one should carry this weight alone.
The biggest mistake one can do would be to forget him, but I'm sure that he will keep being remembered and cherished for a long time. Memories are a treasure that death can't steal away.
I send my deepest respect and condolences to Breeloming's friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom