• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

if doug bowser doesn't make his intro with bowser's theme from mario 64 then nintendo will have automatically lost e3

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Which is exactly what they said making that literally one-pixel-line for her bra.

...I can't really post the raised eyebrow but you know I'm doing it.

Elaborate?
I don't have the info immediately on me, but like

TV/film characters and especially anime characters have a tendency to have a loooooot of individual sub-owners in each region that all need to be contacted and have permission sourced from in order to add them to anything major.

So it's like

The biggest hassle in the world

D

Deleted member

So are they pretty much just Japanese Disney?
Much more strict regarding violent stuff.

If I remember correctly, so strict that Sanrio stuff was not likely at all for LEGO Dimensions just because the game had combat as part of the gameplay.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don't have the info immediately on me, but like

TV/film characters and especially anime characters have a tendency to have a loooooot of individual sub-owners in each region that all need to be contacted and have permission sourced from in order to add them to anything major.

So it's like

The biggest hassle in the world
Yeeeaaaaah, I...I was thinkin somethin entirely different.

Kinda clicked when Goth mentioned Sanrio though, I caught on. And yeah that's just a minefield waiting to happen; Ninty's gonna stay the hell outta that.

D

Deleted member

gonna drop the hottest of hot takes

non-vidya characters just straight up ain't getting in anytime soon

D

Deleted member

That didnt stop them from making a character that is in a deadend job ran by a sexist pig and is bullied by co workers and said sexist pig
not to mention she sings death metal after work to relieve stress and also sometimes gets drunk while doing so

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
gonna drop the hottest of hot takes

non-vidya characters just straight up ain't getting in anytime soon
This is like a take where you put it in the microwave and the bowl gets hot but the actual food in it is still ice cold

D

Deleted member

Dr. Kawashima is an assist trophy so non-video game characters can totally get in /s

D

Deleted member

When it comes to non-videogame characters, there is one whose case I find incredibly odd: Geralt De Rivia from The Witcher.

He is a book character but mostly known from the videogame adaptations, so much so that I can’t decide how much of a book or videogame character he really is.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
This is like a take where you put it in the microwave and the bowl gets hot but the actual food in it is still ice cold
all these hot takes and cold takes when really what we need is a hot pocket take

searing lava from the heart of pompeii

D

Deleted member

Isn't the PC port absolute [REDACTED] though? That's what I heard.

A Tales of collection with Symphonia 1, Symphonia 2, and Abyss for Switch would be great.
My brother plays it and likes it. He has some mods on it that make it better, I think.

Honestly, I wouldn't even stop there for Tales on Switch: Graces F, Xillia 1&2, Berseria; I say just bring all of 'em.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
but wat do ypu meen?

drakula's a non video game characther, and look! Hes in teh game! :4pacman:/s
Sakurai's a public domain scamp

The classics are fine as long as you derail them so hard no one can even recognize what on earth is even going on, hence why taking a classical literature haggard supernatural weirdo and turning him into a quasi-satan figure with a sexy stache resonates so well with Sakurai

He's more of a bara man himself but he can appreciate angling for a target audience

D

Deleted member

cold pop tart take

doctor mario doesn't even have a valid medical licence and therefore shouldn't be in

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Bit late, but in regards to a potential Dark Souls collaboration, I don't think the ownership of the trademark between FromSoftware and Bamco are as big of a hurdle as say, Square-Enix and Disney. If Sakurai wants to do a Souls collaboration in Smash, I would think all the parties involved would jump on board at the opportunity. I certainly don't think a Souls rep would be Bamco's first pick for the Fighter Pass, but if Sakurai wants Souls, then I really don't think Bamco would really object to it. After all, it is one of their best selling games outside of Japan.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
oh ****, BZL8 BZL8 is actually Eris.

'guess one of my old post aged like fine wine.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Bamco character?

Nightmare FTW! or even Artorias.
If we get another Namco-Bandai character (I find it weird that we've only got one, since they're helping with making the game), I'd like to see Heihachi Mishima from Tekken (I feel like Jin or Kazuya would probably work better from a gameplay perspective, but Heihachi's one of the few characters with a perfect track record in Tekken, and I like him more) or Agumon from Digimon. (since they own that fully - having Pokemon vs. Digimon in Smash would be like having Link vs. Cloud or Mario vs. Sonic)

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
oh ****, BZL8 BZL8 is actually Eris.

'guess one of my old post aged like fine wine.
The 5 Konosuba stones have been assembled.

All I need to do is snap, and then Smashboards will become Konosubaboards!

The only thing between you and Konosuba boards is my inability to snap...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom