• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Quick question: Let's say this leak is real and every character in it gets an alternate costume like Joker. What would Wright's alt be?
Hobo Wright.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
I'm hearing something about a "Baboom" leak, and I realize people are referring to the supposed name of Grookey's evolution... but the thought my mind immediately jumps to is the Boisterous boss from Tropical Freeze.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Quick question: Let's say this leak is real and every character in it gets an alternate costume like Joker. What would Wright's alt be?
depends what it means by 'classic and modern designs'. probably referring to his AA5/6 waistcoast look and AA1-3 look?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tiger Wright?

I know Hobo Wright is THE choice, but Tiger Wright would be pretty cool too.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Is it safe?

Okay. It looks like it.

Why the [REDACTED] are we talking about the Baboom leak still? [REDACTED]'s as generic as the countless 4chan leaks I catalogued last summer.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
but we already have furio tigre in smash

:ultincineroar:
We need his trainer in Smash.
Is it safe?

Okay. It looks like it.

Why the [REDACTED] are we talking about the Baboom leak still? [REDACTED]'s as generic as the countless 4chan leaks I catalogued last summer.
Because peoples are bored and want to talk about something else than Ryu/Erdrick/etc..., atleast, that's what I understand.

Thank Eris E3 is coming soon.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is it safe?

Okay. It looks like it.

Because it has girls in it.

D

Deleted member

Is it safe?

Okay. It looks like it.

Nintendo won't reveal the next DLC

We need news

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My biggest thing with DLC is that I want the Smash universe to grow and include as many new series and characters as possible.

From a gameplay aspect i’m sure Edelgard would be fun, so I really wouldn’t have any complaints. But I would really love to see the greatest icons from the biggest gaming series to cross over to make this the absolutely unbeatable, greatest gaming crossover ever.

That’s not to say Phoenix Wright isn’t that pick. That doesn’t mean a Gen 8 pick isn’t a good pick. My point is, there’s still space to flesh out the gaming pantheon currently in Smash, and in my humble opinion there are some gaping holes left if the latest 4chan leak were real.

I have other reasons for not believing it, but I will leave it at that.

It’s not a bad line up. But it could be better. And bigger.

D

Deleted member

Is it safe?

Okay. It looks like it.

It has Kasumi in it, pre-E3 boredom...

D

Deleted member

Is it safe?

Okay. It looks like it.

We've looped back around post joker, before any leaks with a new FE or pokemon character were considered generic or boring and not talked about, but now they're different and exciting because every other leak is full of third parties.

D

Deleted member

At this rate, I'm pretty sure I could make a 4chan leak with Mr. Clean on it and it would inspire at least 10 pages of discussion from this thread.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
We've looped back around post joker, before any leaks with a new FE or pokemon character were considered generic or boring and not talked about, but now they're different and exciting because every other leak is full of third parties.
let's be real, 99% of this discussion came from the name 'baboom'

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If anyone wants to make a Hypernova Yoshi, here's a good image to use...:yoshi:
I did it, though doing some research I discovered that it wasn't just a meme, it was a flash application (called "Hypernova Yourself!") on the official microsite of Kirby Triple Deluxe. Sadly the microsite is gone and the flash application is not avaliable anymore, but thanks to Wayback Machine I found the png of the inhaling effect and I applied it to your Yoshi picture :grin:
HypernovaYoshi.png

broken image, external link: https://i.imgur.com/G3rNv81.png
Not sure it was a good idea though....

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
At this rate, I'm pretty sure I could make a 4chan leak with Mr. Clean on it and it would inspire at least 10 pages of discussion from this thread.
I would take that over the one proposed in the 4chan "leak" TBH.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nintendo won't reveal the next DLC

We need news
But we can talk about literally anything other than this leak.
Hi guys! I got a copy of Banjo Kazooie. I got it when someone unknown sold it to me. He never told me his name so I am just going to keep it to that. I have yet got a chance to play it on the Nintendo Switch but here is the case. Also as many of you know, there are rumors of Banjo Kazooie and Steve joining Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Well, I can tell you confidently that Banjo Kazooie is happening at e3. I can also tell you that Erdrick from Dragon quest is happening at e3. So if you don't believe me wait till then and if they are both revealed this is true. Banjo Threeie will also be released at E3 2019. I also heard a Rare Replay collection might happen.v Here is the photos I was talking about earlier and enjoy.
You don't know who I am or my connections with Bandai-Namco, but believe me when I say I have vital information regarding the Fighters Pass.

In January, a 4Chan leak centered around the codename "Brave" stated that a datamine revealed the codename and speculated that it was associated with Erdrick from Dragon Quest. Also accompanying this leak were the rumors that Steve, Ryu Hayabusa and Doomslayer would be joining the roster. Recently this leak was mostly debunked through unmet announcement dates and the absence of a female skin for Joker.

However, this leak did get one thing right: Erdrick will be joining the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster. The stats and codename were indeed meant for Erdrick. Everything else in this 4Chan leak was a series of baseless assumptions by the dataminer.

However, I can confirm that the word "Brave" has a deeper meaning. The characters for the fighters pass were decided on 6 November 2018. The fact that there were only three out of six code names within the data upon release should have been a major tip-off of this.

Simply enough, BRAVE is an acronym for the five additional fighters. In an effort to disguise the true nature of the word BRAVE, the acronym was specifically made to not include the name "Joker." The acronym stands for the following:

B - Banjo-Kazooie
R - Ren (a.k.a. Joker)
A - Artorias (Dark Souls)
V - Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
E - Erdrick

Obviously the fighters will not be revealed in the acronym's order because Joker has already been released. Erdrick and Banjo-Kazooie will constitute a double reveal at E3 2019, with Velvet Crowe and Artorias being revealed later in the current year. Artorias' reveal being last is significant because it breaks the trend of protagonists having to enter the roster first.

Erdrick is far in development and set to be released very soon after E3, with Banjo-Kazooie nearly a quarter of the way complete. Steve will be a new Assist Trophy released alongside Banjo-Kazooie.
Look. Two leaks just as credible as the Baboom leak.

Discuss.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm still biased towards Scorbunny as the rabbit is my zodiac sign, but dang it! This whole Baboom "leak" is making me apreciate Grookey too.

Why can't I just pick both? Why must GameFreak torture me like this?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Because it has girls in it.
Oh sure, when a two-bit optional Fire Emblem character gets suggested everyone's on board despite Corrin literally being the devil because they're a definite girl, but when I suggest The Dryad everyone just goes "who?" :upsidedown:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Discuss.
these aren't drenched in anything close to the raw vitriol and pessimism of the baboom leak that we here on smashboards dot com can relate to so much

begone with these well-mannered leaks

D

Deleted member

TBH I don't think we should take any leaks this DLC cycle too seriously. Any that are real will more than likely only be real in hindsight.

Only big leaks Smash 4 DLC had were a datamine and someone hinting at Cloud in a way so subtle that people didn't even know it was a hint until after the reveal, making the leak pointless.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Smashboards: "Abandon images all ye who enter here"
We back to using unicode images?

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⠘⡿⠃⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡧⠼⣿⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣤⣀⠀
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣥⣤⣤⣧⣀⡀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⢻⡇⠈⢿⣿⡿⠈⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⡏⠉⠠⢾⣿⣿⡟⢶⠀⠈⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⢀⣀⣤⣧⣀⣈⣿⠁⠀⢻⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⣴⣾⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⢿⣿⠀⠈⠈⢿⣿⣿⡙⠻⣦⡄⢸⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡋⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⢰⣾⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠘⠁⠘⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢿⣿⡟⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣤⣤⣄⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣽⣷⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠿⠿⠛⠻⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Yes

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Discuss.
Heeey, Velvet would be cool.

Even though you can be sure that she be censored to hell & back if she got into Smash.:p

Also, nice to Ren Mamiaya in this leak, Joker true echo.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Discuss.
Wow, that second one s u c k s. Not convincing at all.

“Hey look! Joker has two codenames even though he already had one as it is. He’s referred to as Ren despite having different names, but that’s the one I li-, oh I mean it’s what Sakurai likes.”

I think part of the problem is moreso that people seem to forget that there are three slots left after Erdrick. Sure, being told “Erdrick is in” all the time might get annoying, but chances are he is. There are still three slots to fill.

There are other picks than Dark Souls, Banjo, and Minecraft. I’m sure there’s plenty of ideas we could come up with, but we’re letting leaks dictate what’s considered “likely” and what isn’t.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
credible is a bit of an overstatment since it really isnt
⠀⠀⢀⠄⣒⢤⡠⢒⣒⣤⣒⢒⣢⢀⣠⠔⢲⣶⣤⡔⡄⠀⡠⢔⡢⣄⢠⠒⡄⠰⢒⡢⢄⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡇⢎⣔⡛⡇⢨⠭⠇⢸⢸⣼⣿⡿⠸⠌⣿⣿⡇⣿⣷⡇⡇⢸⢸⡇⠶⢰⡀⢨⢸⢸⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠒⠭⠒⠛⠬⠭⠃⢸⣼⣿⣿⣧⣿⣷⣿⣿⣧⣭⣽⣷⣮⠕⠛⠜⠉⠣⠳⠬⠕⠊⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣿⠆⠀⠀⢺⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⢷⡶⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠹⣿⡿⠃⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⢣⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⡿⢮⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢘⣾⡛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀
⠀⠒⠂⠀⢹⣿⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⡆⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⠀⠠⠀⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧
⠀⢀⡴⣛⣛⢿⡗⣒⣿⣿⣟⡛⣛⡟⣿⡟⣿⢻⠟⣛⣻⣿⣿⢛⣛⢻⡟⣿⡟⣿⠻⡿⣻⣿⣿
⠀⣾⣇⢿⡿⢸⡇⣭⣿⣿⣿⡇⣿⡇⣼⡇⣿⢸⠷⣭⢹⣿⣇⢻⣯⢙⡇⢿⡇⣿⣷⢰⣿⣿⣿
⠀⢹⣿⣷⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣷⣿⣷⣿⣾⣷⣶⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣿⣿⣶⣾⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿

That's the point.

D

Deleted member

TBH I dunno why folks are so antsy over the DLC. E3 is in like, 3 weeks. We're gonna know pretty dang soon who's next, and they'll probably be released at the same time too because Nintendo likes doing "Available now!" promotions at E3.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh sure, when a two-bit optional Fire Emblem character gets suggested everyone's on board despite Corrin literally being the devil because they're a definite girl, but when I suggest The Dryad everyone just goes "who?" :upsidedown:
I was joking but I wouldn't oppose to more female characters.

We back to using unicode images?

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⠘⡿⠃⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡧⠼⣿⡿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣤⣀⠀
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣥⣤⣤⣧⣀⡀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⢻⡇⠈⢿⣿⡿⠈⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⡏⠉⠠⢾⣿⣿⡟⢶⠀⠈⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁⢀⣀⣤⣧⣀⣈⣿⠁⠀⢻⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⣴⣾⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⢿⣿⠀⠈⠈⢿⣿⣿⡙⠻⣦⡄⢸⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡋⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⢰⣾⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀⠘⠁⠘⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢿⣿⡟⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣤⣤⣄⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣽⣷⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠿⠿⠛⠻⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Yes
Please no, my mobile is dying.

D

Deleted member

Discuss.
Honestly mate, they are the same stuff we have discussed before :b

We got Joker already
Banjo has been discussed to death
Erdrick as well
Velvet was dismissed when we got the whole ballot leak
Artorias was the hot topic last week

At least its a bit more entertaining imagining the final evo for Grookey.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
TBH I dunno why folks are so antsy over the DLC. E3 is in like, 3 weeks. We're gonna know pretty dang soon who's next, and they'll probably be released at the same time too because Nintendo likes doing "Available now!" promotions at E3.
Because Smash fans are impatient and irritable.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Question: would people genuinly not buy the fighter passes if they're Nintendo characters? Even if their moves are made really well, the stage is good and the music sick?
Not counting the fact that I've already bought the fighters pass, I can't think of any characters (well, noteworthy characters) that I wouldn't want to see. (with the possible exception of Fire Emblem characters from games that aren't released outside of Japan)

Even when I was initially unenthusiastic about a character choice (ex. Piranha Plant) or I was unfamiliar with a series or game (ex. Lucas), I still found the characters to be interesting, and if they're from a new game/series, or one that I'm unfamiliar with, then it gives me motivation to look into that game/series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom