• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Been reading through the 2018 to current run of Doctor Strange. Really cool stuff.

On a separate note: I'm halfway there to 7,000 posts on this place.

Is this an accomplishment, or just a new, meaningless milestone for my trash-tier posts?

D

Deleted member

The more I think about it the more I realize Starlord opening fire without any hesitation on Ego was the best scene in the entire MCU.
It's just such a great scene because it shows how much his mother meant to him and that Starlord doesn't take anyone's ****, even if they are the father you had been looking for your entire life: you hurt someone he loved, he's firing back at you tenfold.
And god, the delivery in "You killed my mom!". He doesn't even bother saying anything else, that's all he needed to justify those shots.
really makes you understand why he flipped the **** out at thanos after he found out that he killed gamora

people **** on him for that but it was totally in character

a pretty great detail in that scene was that tony was the one who was trying to calm him down because he went through the exact same thing after he found out that bucky killed his parents in civil war, immediately lashing out without any sort of rational thought left

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Been reading through the 2018 to current run of Doctor Strange. Really cool stuff.

On a separate note: I'm halfway there to 7,000 posts on this place.

Is this an accomplishment, or just a new, meaningless milestone for my trash-tier posts?
after a while we try not to think about it

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
modmins, hey it's faygo again. you know, the god of ****posts? listen buddies, if y'all don't stop banning me off smashboards immediately i will fly over to your house and come down to that basement you're hiding in and rip off your arms and shove them up your butt! oh that's right, yeah just go cry to alphazealot you little weasels

it's literally just an endgame reference/copypasta don't ban me for this ****
ezgif-1-90ec79a3ac38.gif

"Now let's see"

"If my account got banned again, I'm going to have a birth of cactus out of my asshole."

"Dear punished faygo-"

*Unintelligible scream of pain"

D

Deleted member

really makes you understand why he flipped the **** out at thanos after he found out that he killed gamora

people **** on him for that but it was totally in character

a pretty great detail in that scene was that tony was the one who was trying to calm him down because he went through the exact same thing after he found out that bucky killed his parents in civil war, immediately lashing out without any sort of rational thought left
Yeah, I didn't get why people were so upset. I mean, who wouldn't go ape**** to suddenly learn in the midst of battle that he killed your gf. Gotta remember, this is the guy who lost his mother when he was young and just lost BOTH of his fathers. He hides it, but he's an emotionally fragile character, so to learn that the first girl he ever wanted to be 'serious' with was murdered....by her own father no less...he understandably looses his cool.

People like to think 'I wouldn't go crazy', but it's kinda hard to legitimately put yourself into that exact scenario; you will never be in that position, so how do you really know what you'd do? Unless you've been thorugh that yourself, you can't really criticize what he did too harshly.

D

Deleted member

Alex Hirsch is donating 100 dollars to Planned Parenthood everytime someone anti-abortion responds to his tweets and honestly, what a legend.
when people say "not all men" they actually mean alex hirsch

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hmmmm. If every applicable franchise had its own unique Boss in Ultimate, what would they all be?
Animal Crossing is surprisingly easy. Bring out the Scorpion/Tarantula, give them a Super Mushroom, and you have every AC player’s worst fear.

...It’d be fun if, instead of fighting them, they set it up like the Bonus Game. Your goal is just to run like hell to escape them, and get to the end where a giant bug net is waiting. That sounds really cool. I want that.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You know, bit of a random question, but why is it that Lyn is so popular? I don't hate her or anything, I am just curious why she has become so notable even when compared to her peers.
Fire Emblem GBA was the first most of the old Western fanbase played and she's an assist trophy so she stays relevant in peoples' eyes just by existing.
Alot of reasons, but I think the biggest one is the fact she is the first FE character that Western players were able to be to play in a FE game (since FE7 was the first FE game released outside of Japan), so of course, there is alot of nostalgia into the mix.

That and she is smokin' ho- [6 Banned Points added Blue]
Thighs.
View attachment 221236
And myrmidon girls.
the world may never know

View attachment 221237
Lyn was literally the first Fire Emblem playable unit for the western market...
✓ thicc thighs
✓ saves lives
✓ i didn't know she was 15, officer
Yes to every single reason to love some Lyn

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D

Deleted member

Actually that's what I'm wondering myself. What are your issues with it coming to the Switch? Just curious.
It's like Fortnite
It's a hugely popular game that barely did anything to earn that popularity

osby

Smash Obsessed
PREVENT THIS COMING TO THE SWITCH AT ALL COSTS
I REPEAT, PREVENT THIS COMING TO THE SWITCH AT ALL COSTS
Do you have to post in all caps?

Also, why does it matter if it comes to Switch? If you don't like the game, just don't buy it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So I finally saw Detective Pikachu last night and I must say....

Lucy's Psyduck should get his own spin-off.

That is all.

D

Deleted member

Hmmmm. If every applicable franchise had its own unique Boss in Ultimate, what would they all be?
Applicable as in the franchises already represented? I'd love a Boss Rush kinda mode; it'd be fun. Let's see:
Mario- Giga Dry Bowser (Just to change it up slightly)
Zelda- Ganon (The one they have is already perfect)
Yoshi- Kamek? (I already consider both Yoshi & Wario series a sub-series of Mario, but I'll include a Boss for the hell of it)
Wario- Ashley? (I 'unno...either her or a pissed off Waluigi)
Pokemon- Necrozma
Metroid- Mother Brain or Kraid
Captain Falcon- A sentient evil Race track? (I don't know)
Mother/Earthbound- Porky in Mech (if it doesn't become a character via DLC later)
Kid Icarus- Hades/Medusa (assuming one or the other doesn't become future DLC)
Metal Gear- Some kind of Mech
Sonic- Dr. Robotnik (in that large Dr. Robotnik mech that was the 2nd game's final Boss)
Final Fantasy- Sephiroth/Jenova (Jenova in the unlikely event that Sephiroth joins as DLC)
Persona 5- Reaper/Yaldaboth (Reaper was a strong monster in all Personas if you want someone to represent all of them)
Street Fighter- M. Bison
Megaman- Sigma
Castlevania- Dracula (Perfect as he is)
Star Fox- Andross
Ice Climbers- ...the Polar Bear? (I've got no earthly idea)
Fire Emblem- Drawing a Blank
Game & Watch- N/A
Animal Crossing- N/A
R.O.B.- N/A
Wii Fit- N/A
Donkey Kong- Buffed King K. Rool? (Not sure on this one)
Kirby- Marx (Seems perfect already, though there are plenty of other options)
Pikmin- Unsure
Duckhunt Dog- Duckhunt Dog is, in itself, the epitome of villainy
Bayonetta- Unsure (I'm sure there are obvious picks, but I never played it, so I don't know)
Splatoon- Octalings? Maybe?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Applicable as in the franchises already represented? I'd love a Boss Rush kinda mode; it'd be fun. Let's see:
Mario- Giga Dry Bowser (Just to change it up slightly)
Zelda- Ganon (The one they have is already perfect)
Yoshi- Kamek? (I already consider both Yoshi & Wario series a sub-series of Mario, but I'll include a Boss for the hell of it)
Wario- Ashley? (I 'unno...either her or a pissed off Waluigi)
Pokemon- Necrozma
Metroid- Mother Brain or Kraid
Captain Falcon- A sentient evil Race track? (I don't know)
Mother/Earthbound- Porky in Mech (if it doesn't become a character via DLC later)
Kid Icarus- Hades/Medusa (assuming one or the other doesn't become future DLC)
Metal Gear- Some kind of Mech
Sonic- Dr. Robotnik (in that large Dr. Robotnik mech that was the 2nd game's final Boss)
Final Fantasy- Sephiroth/Jenova (Jenova in the unlikely event that Sephiroth joins as DLC)
Persona 5- Reaper/Yaldaboth (Reaper was a strong monster in all Personas if you want someone to represent all of them)
Street Fighter- M. Bison
Megaman- Sigma
Castlevania- Dracula (Perfect as he is)
Star Fox- Andross
Ice Climbers- ...the Polar Bear? (I've got no earthly idea)
Fire Emblem- Drawing a Blank
Game & Watch- N/A
Animal Crossing- N/A
R.O.B.- N/A
Wii Fit- N/A
Donkey Kong- Buffed King K. Rool? (Not sure on this one)
Kirby- Marx (Seems perfect already, though there are plenty of other options)
Pikmin- Unsure
Duckhunt Dog- Duckhunt Dog is, in itself, the epitome of villainy
Bayonetta- Unsure (I'm sure there are obvious picks, but I never played it, so I don't know)
Splatoon- Octalings? Maybe?
wii fit's boss is obviously the wii balance board, the shaming piece of ****

D

Deleted member

It's like Fortnite
It's a hugely popular game that barely did anything to earn that popularity
I mean, in my opinion, it did. The creator has shown he puts a lot of effort into his games. Now, they’re not perfect, but I still like them personally.

D

Deleted member

People wanted to solve the mystery. I say that’s a pretty good reason. It’s not revolutionary or anything, but it doesn’t need to be.
well it would be fine if they didn't add another 17,000 ****ing layers to the mystery every god damn game
is now a good time to mention that every sequel is just the same game over and over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom