• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Any chance we should expect anything Smash related in this Super Mario Maker direct? As some said we might get Mii costumes or something but I'm presuming that's it as far as Smash related goes.
Absolutely not.

This is a Mario Maker Direct, not a general or Smash Direct.

Do not actually expect real Smash news to come out of this.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Alright, now I see where some people are coming from with the whole Sony censorship deal. Found this from Spawn Wave, and I legit don't understand going to these drastic measures.

Now, at the end of the day, there's an audience for these games, and I'm definitely ain't the that. But as coming from someone who paid logos and worked with people who make those, and the amount of time and work put into them, it's straight-up disrespectful to just straight up cut off almost a third of what the logo designer did. I think it's pretty tongue and cheek, but to get rid of it? That's some money and time that person is never gonna get back.

And I assume why the Switch version of this game is more expensive is probably because Sony cut modes or what have you, to make it "safer" for the kids, even though that isn't the clear demographic at all. Here's some bigger quotation marks to ensure I'm serious.

Look, I ain't about anime ****, but this **** keeps on getting more and more rampant, and it ain't helping their case with the Switch probably outselling the PS4 by now over there and Japanese developers making the shift.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Any chance we should expect anything Smash related in this Super Mario Maker direct? As some said we might get Mii costumes or something but I'm presuming that's it as far as Smash related goes.
The name says it all:

"Mario Maker Direct"

Not Smash Direct, not even a general direct. Mario Maker Direct

Excepting Smash will only lead yourself to serious disappointment

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Since we're sharing collections now, my favorite is my collection of Sega ****.

20190217_122943.jpg

Legit Saturn stuff is hard to come by.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I misinterpreted for some reason I swore someone said something about Mii costumes and such so that's what lead to me asking.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright, now I see where some people are coming from with the whole Sony censorship deal. Found this from Spawn Wave, and I legit don't understand going to these drastic measures.

Now, at the end of the day, there's an audience for these games, and I'm definitely ain't the that. But as coming from someone who paid logos and worked with people who make those, and the amount of time and work put into them, it's straight-up disrespectful to just straight up cut off almost a third of what the logo designer did. I think it's pretty tongue and cheek, but to get rid of it? That's some money and time that person is never gonna get back.

And I assume why the Switch version of this game is more expensive is probably because Sony cut modes or what have you, to make it "safer" for the kids, even though that isn't the clear demographic at all. Here's some bigger quotation marks to ensure I'm serious.

Look, I ain't about anime ****, but this **** keeps on getting more and more rampant, and it ain't helping their case with the Switch probably outselling the PS4 by now over there and Japanese developers making the shift.
Nintendo needs to get a grip on the fact that they don’t need to make every single game kid friendly. Just let the game devs do what they want. (As long as it’s like, ok for the Switch, of course.)
your collection is incomplete

View attachment 219950
I know man. I still need it, and badly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The contrarian chip in my brain burns every time someone tries to tell people to temper expectations

It’s such a disingenuous warning lol

*sits back, grabs popcorn*

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>Your normal, down to earth Smash speculator.
Hmmm eggman.gif

"Hmmmm, I don't think there be Smash news tomorrow, it's a Mario Maker direct, so expecting anything more is asking for dissapointement"

>Your usual, always hoping waaaaaaay too much Smash speculator.
WTF eggman.gif

"WHAT THE **** NINTENDO, WHERE IN THE **** IS HOME ALONE GUY FOR SMASH?!!?"

D

Deleted member

I could also share the top of the shelf, my another but tiny one and some of the physical games I own:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Most of my Switch games are on a backpack since I took the console during the past weekend to my grandfather’s house.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Nintendo needs to get a grip on the fact that they don’t need to make every single game kid friendly. Just let the game devs do what they want. (As long as it’s like, ok for the Switch, of course.)
err

it's the sony version that's censored, not nintendo's

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Sony is the one censoring this stuff, not Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

What if the first State Of Play turned out so lackluster due to censorship?

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!

I... think you meant Sony?

I dunno, I just also think this is hilarious that somehow THAT ain't okay, but we're gonna let The Last of Us 2 and Mortal Kombat 11 slide.

D

Deleted member

Once every dlc character is out we can live in a world where people don’t expect everything in the gaming industry to have something to do with Smash again.
You really are naive, huh

"How do we make people know the difference between versions?"
"Put boobies in the one with the boobies mode."
"Rick you goddamn ****ing genius, you did it again"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Everyday I find it ironic that almost two decades ago Nintendo was the company censoring things to be family friendly and Sony went uncensored

How the tables have turned...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
when you reply to someone and they like your post so you like their original post back

1557862615926.png

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If there is a Direct for a game that isn’t Smash, then you should expect there to be no Smash news. Nintendo sells games that aren’t Smash, believe it or not.

Smash is not going to get a huge chunk of time at E3. At most, it will receive a 15 minute Direct prior to the Nintendo E3 showcase that will cover new character (s), content updates, etc. This could be similar to the Joker/3.0 update video.

Other games do not always need Smash to bolster their presence. I would actually suggest that Smash will be left alone until E3, as that’s where the bigger announcements will be.

As Square wants to push Dragon Quest in the West, I would not be surprised if Erdrick is revealed there. Dragon Quest is getting a big time re-release on Switch, and was heavily promoted in the last General Direct. It’s entirely possible.

Basically, as we have said for months, do not expect everything to be related to Smash. People are going out of their way to connect things. There was a Game of Thrones Xbox revealed, and the logo was changed to an Xbox logo with fire. Rather than making the connection there, Smash fans made it about Smash.

Not. Everything. Is. Because. Of. Smash.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If there is a Direct for a game that isn’t Smash, then you should expect there to be no Smash news. Nintendo sells games that aren’t Smash, believe it or not.

Smash is not going to get a huge chunk of time at E3. At most, it will receive a 15 minute Direct prior to the Nintendo E3 showcase that will cover new character (s), content updates, etc. This could be similar to the Joker/3.0 update video.

Other games do not always need Smash to bolster their presence. I would actually suggest that Smash will be left alone until E3, as that’s where the bigger announcements will be.

As Square wants to push Dragon Quest in the West, I would not be surprised if Erdrick is revealed there. Dragon Quest is getting a big time re-release on Switch, and was heavily promoted in the last General Direct. It’s entirely possible.

Basically, as we have said for months, do not expect everything to be related to Smash. People are going out of their way to connect things. There was a Game if Thrones Xbox revealed, and the logo was changed to an Xbox logo with fire. Rather than making the connection there, Smash fans made it about Smash.

Not. Everything. Is. Because. Of. Smash.
I love you but

More people have said this than said to the contrary

Kinda preaching to the choir there

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Umm... Nintendo is in the clear. It's Sony who is censoring the stuff.

Kinda ironic, I know. But it's true.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nice collection! I only have two Sega Saturn games as of now. Then again, I don't even own a Sega Saturn yet...
In that case, owning two whole games is overachieving.

If you ever get a Saturn, check to make sure the internal clock's battery works. Any Saturn's battery would have died by now, so they need replaced, which requires soldering equipment.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Everyday I find it ironic that almost two decades ago Nintendo was the company censoring things to be family friendly and Sony went uncensored

That kind of thing happen when one learn some humility after a big failure and the other grow arrogant due to lods of success.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I love you but

More people have said this than said to the contrary

Kinda preaching to the choir there
Oh i’m entirely aware. I’ve just seen so much of it rather recently that I felt the need to add my voice to said choir.

D

Deleted member

They're going to announce that Masterpieces will be added back into smash and Mario Maker 2 will be one of them

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
They're going to announce that Masterpieces will be added back into smash and Mario Maker 2 will be one of them
"we're pleased to announce that you can now play the award-winning persona 5 for free within super smash bros ultimate itself"

"for three minutes, from the title screen"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I guess no sword and shield news this month. Tomorrow would have been the only other logical day to show a trailer but they aren’t going to take from the directs spotlight.

So I guess we get a big blowout for it at E3.

My guess is that and animal crossing will get a lot of focus. With a better look at Luigi’s mansion and smash obviously. That’s probably the biggest titles for E3 this year if I had to guess

D

Deleted member

Honestly I just find it sad that sex is more persecuted than violence.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
RIP my wallet

amiibo1.jpg

amiibo2.jpg

_.jpg

I got them in a bundle sale. Leaf & May/Haruka (Reprint) on pre-order. Am hunting for Red & Ethan/Hibiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom