• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also, it's noteworthy that character picks are more sensible than your average "wish list with wacky characters thrown in" leak.

All of them appeal to a mature audience and they aren't that big despite coming from well-received games, like Joker.

Still need more evidence, but it's something to keep in mind.
Banjo appeals to a mature audience? :V

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The irony would be no Square rep.

The Square thread's entire existence; made pointless.
people: the square rep is erdrick
people: the square rep is geno
people: the square rep is sora
people: the square rep is crono
sakurai, the absolute ****ing genius: square rep?

1557644833078.png

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Welp it's 3 am and I don't know why I still up doing this...

But I just did my 1st ever touch of death in Dragon Ball FighterZ!
D6WT4kfVUAAFDjY.jpg

Exactly 10093 damage!

I'll try to do a video of it sometime soon so I can show it properly, but at the very least, I know I can do it now.

Shroob

Sup?
I wouldn't mind a "These are the remaining 4 characters in Smash Ultimate, and this is our road map for DLC" dropped at E3, I'd love to just rip off the band-aid of speculation and end it there.

But it just doesn't feel like it'd happen.

Logically, it makes sense since again, by the time June rolls around they have 8 months to release and market 4 characters, meaning outside of multi-releases that'd be a character every other month.

But I dunno.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yeah, but at the same time... "everyone is here" announced every single character.
not that it likely means much, but i did find sakurai's wording at the fighter's pass announcement interesting: "we're not ready to reveal its contents at its time"--as if the point for revealing the bulk of its content could hypothetically be one single point in time

they love their slow reveals so it's unlikely, but namco has also revealed entire season passes at once in games like tekken before

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I do think it's funny that this Google Rumor leaves Erdrick out entirely. If Erdrick isn't in I'll be a little disappointed since I was looking forward to their potential but I'll be 100% OK with them not being in. Artorias is a cool *** choice, and I'll gladly take a Souls characgwr in Smash.

I'm still pretty confident in Erdrick though. We'll see by E3 I'm sure.
If there's one thing that the google """leak""" did right, it's that it bought attention to a series that slipped our minds. I never thought about Dark Souls being a potential newcomer until now. And now I have another likely character that I want in the game. I'm really excited for E3 lol

Shroob

Sup?
I really just wonder how the next 8 months are going to play out in terms of releases.

8 months for 4 characters seems like a lot, but barring clumped releases, it's not, and I'd bet a decent amount on "Brave" getting released next month.

D

Deleted member

I think the Google thing is plausible based on stuff people have said, but I'm gonna be cautious about it. It could just be some troll spending their money just to tick people off - why they would wait and hope someone finds their fake ads instead of making a thread on 4chan is beyond me, though, but weird people do weird things. They even put in extra effort to make sure their ads' descriptions have randomized elements, more than the Joker ad.

There was this Artorias "leak" that was found; it's from February:

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/451188924/#q451188924
Huh. So this isn't the first time Artorias has been "leaked"?

And here I am thinking that he was literally the only one in this set that hasn't been mentioned before until now.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I really just wonder how the next 8 months are going to play out in terms of releases.

8 months for 4 characters seems like a lot, but barring clumped releases, it's not, and I'd bet a decent amount on "Brave" getting released next month.
I've already posted a plan before about how characters would be released.
Fighter 2 would be released a bit after E3
Fighter 3 would be released a bit after EVO
Fighter 4 would be released around October
Fighter 5 would be released around December/January

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also let's not forget when capcom revealed every character in SFV's season pass 3 the day the pass went up for purchase and nearly a full year before the last characters were avaliable

1557645268866.png

revealing the contents of passes early is becoming an increasingly common practice in the fighting game industry. i imagine people who haven't bought the fighter's pass yet are holding off in case they don't like the lineup anyway, so clarity usually drives sales rather than deterring them.

Shroob

Sup?
also let's not forget when capcom revealed every character in SFV's season pass 3 the day the pass went up for purchase and nearly a full year before the last characters were avaliable

View attachment 219176

revealing the contents of passes early is becoming an increasingly common practice in the fighting game industry. i imagine people who haven't bought the fighter's pass yet are holding off in case they don't like the lineup anyway, so clarity usually drives sales rather than deterring them.
Trust me, I 'want' this to happen.

But it doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do. The fact we still get staggered releases makes it seems like he loves dragging this out.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

But it doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do. The fact we still get staggered releases makes it seems like he loves dragging this out.
I think he'll stagger them, 2 for E3 and 2 before Christmas.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Also, it's noteworthy that character picks are more sensible than your average "wish list with wacky characters thrown in" leak.

All of them appeal to a mature audience and they aren't that big despite coming from well-received games, like Joker.

Still need more evidence, but it's something to keep in mind.
That and most of them fit the criteria of "Unexpected" for lack of a better word.

This weird rumor that people put together by testing what characters have ads for the fighter pass on Europe’s google search engine. The only characters that get the ad to pop up is banjo, joker, atrovious from dark souls, doom marine and ryu from Ninja Gaiden.

Since they trigger the ad and no one else people think it might mean they are in.
Hell, there's a list of characters tested in a Google Doc linked in the description of the PapaGenos video and it seems to be quite the long list (I haven't read it because it slowed my computer to a crawl, but the page count of around 1400-1500 suggests a pretty massive amount of characters tested)

Yeah. It really is the oddest rumor or leak I've ever seen.

Box Theory and even Blog Theory and Sound Theory had evidence backing them. Chair Theory was a crack theory from the start. But Google Theory is just...odd.
Yep, it's definitely one of the more "WTF" theories.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

i agree that sakurai is the final arbiter on marketing decisions, but at the same time, this is a namco fighting game, just like tekken. the move towards a season pass already suggests they're moving closer to 'standard' fighting game protocol, and if namco told sakurai from experience of tekken's second season pass that clarity of content generates better sales, he'd probably defer to said experience.

again, it's all hypotheticals; certainly, a reveal all at once like that would be odd for smash (then again, we had everyone is here). however, based on the general trends of season pass reveals nowadays, as well as shareholder demand to see more immediate profit from the pass (instead of people holding off because of uncertainty), i don't think it can be dismissed out of hand.

D

Deleted member

Because I want to watch people flock to chaos
-We have a 4chan post that says Artorias in the 2nd DLC.
-The next character has the codename "Brave".
-Pre-corrupted Artorias was known in legend for his bravery.

:evil:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
You're not wrong.

But like this batch of DLC, it'd be so out of left field that it'd blindside us.
When you think about it, a line up of unexpected character is kinda genius

It begins

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

the area before his fight is also littered with the 'soul of a brave warrior' item

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
No one:

Absolutely no one:

Not a single soul:

Me: "Dude what if I lewd Rinea?"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also just as a general note, artorias as a character is generally considered a rough interpretation/corruption of king arthur (artorias/arthur), like gwen/gwendolin and guinevere

king arthur, the literal paragon of bravery

an unlikely link, but if arsene's codename is as obscure a reference as 'doyle', then brave=yuusha suddenly seems a little too simple in contrast

D

Deleted member

Oh come now, this is Mr. Fantastic levels of stretching.
After all the theories that have come up over the months over "Brave", you can't honestly say this is any worse than the rest. :V

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I do believe that there will be at least one female 3rd party in the DLC. I don't think Bayonetta will be the only female guest for 2 games straight. My top 5 most likely imo are:

Velvet(Tales of Berseria)
Nakoruru(Samurai Shodown)
Reimu Hakurei(Touhou)
Jill Valentine(Resident Evil)
Lara Croft(Tomb Raider)

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I like how Dark Souls makes every enemy gigantic.
As you procede with the game, people become bigger and bigger, even regular "humans" become double high as you at a certain point.
Sif (the wolf) uses Artorias' sword (right?), but he's colossal and the sword is also way bigger than it should.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think the big question is why the hell would ALL FOUR be up now?

Unless they're just planning to drop a "This is our DLC roadmap plan" like a lot of companies do at E3, but that doesn't seem very Sakurai-like to not try to build up suspense for the next character.
Maybe intern kun just messed up again if real. Idk if it’s real I feel like it will be like the grinch leak, we will never truly know how it came to be lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom