• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I mean, the google theory is why we've been discussing Artorias for the last few hours.
Yes, it bought light to a series that slipped our minds, and I thank it for that. But Dark Souls in general can stand up fine without it, there's a lot of evidence that points to the inclusion of that series even without the google thing.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do believe that there will be at least one female 3rd party in the DLC. I don't think Bayonetta will be the only female guest for 2 games straight. My top 5 most likely imo are:

Velvet(Tales of Berseria)
Nakoruru(Samurai Shodown)
Reimu Hakurei(Touhou)
Jill Valentine(Resident Evil)
Lara Croft(Tomb Raider)
It wouldn't be ideal, but it's not impossible. At least it wouldn't be like Brawl, where only female newcomer was cheesecake Samus.

Genders of the characters are only tangentially important to their inclusion. I think it's something Sakurai keeps in mind, but not a huge deal.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I like how Dark Souls makes every enemy gigantic.
As you procede with the game, people become bigger and bigger, even regular "humans" become double high as you at a certain point.
Sif (the wolf) uses Artorias' sword (right?), but he's colossal and the sword is also way bigger than it should.
Yeah Miyazaki scales a lot of human characters up to emphasize their intimidation. He does occassionally have reasonably sized characters and they're usually a bit insanely fast.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yes, it bought light to a series that slipped our minds, and I thank it for that. But Dark Souls in general can stand up fine without it, there's a lot of evidence that points to the inclusion of that series even without the google thing.
Can you please specify some of the evidence leading toward a Dark Souls character?

I'm all for it, but outside of the Google theory (which yeah I agree is fake as ****), I haven't really seen anything.

D

Deleted member

Artorias isn't happening and at best they're a candidate for "Brave" they haven't been leaked by basically all the big leakers, They haven't been pushed by any leakers period, They don't have anything beyond a Google Leak which could easily be fake and a relation to "Brave".

You know who else has a Relation to Brave? Geno and his design being inspired by Pinocchio sure it may seem loose at first but that whole thing with "Goyle" being a reference to literature and being Arsense's code name could provide some connection but you know what? It's not happening cause Geno isn't happening despite him having a relation to Brave.

You see what I did there? I made a connection between a Character I want to "Brave" any character can be "Brave" if you stretch hard enough, Don't pull a Ralph Dibny on us.

Artorias is just that, A new candidate for "Brave". I swear first Geno gets deconfirmed for this pass so my preferred Square Rep won't get in and now people are speculating that Artiorias is "Brave" when it's obviously Erdrick, I would at least like to have my account thank you very much Nintendo. Artorais isn't getting in.

Also uh may I say I'm not saying you can't speculate that Artorias is in cause you can I was just looking for a reason to rant and I took it when I saw it. Go speculate yourself to death over Artorias (Metaphorically).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm surprised nobody said anything about Kasumi yet.
if she's in and we don't get any other echoes, she'll probably just be a little thing on the side around the time of challenger pack 4 in october (assuming the 2-month schedule from plant-joker-e3 holds up)

probably not the brand-new original female fighter people have been asking for, but i guess it'd be something

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Artorias isn't happening and at best they're a candidate for "Brave" they haven't been leaked by basically all the big leakers, They haven't been pushed by any leakers period, They don't have anything beyond a Google Leak which could easily be fake and a relation to "Brave".

You know who else has a Relation to Brave? Geno and his design being inspired by Pinocchio sure it may seem loose at first but that whole thing with "Goyle" being a reference to literature and being Arsense's code name could provide some connection but you know what? It's not happening cause Geno isn't happening despite him having a relation to Brave.

Artorias is just that, A new candidate for "Brave". I swear first Geno gets deconfirmed for this pass so my preferred Square Rep won't get in and now people are speculating that Artiorias is "Brave" when it's obviously Erdrick, I would at least like to have my account thank you very much Nintendo. Artorais isn't getting in.

Also uh may I say I'm not saying you can't speculate that Artorias is in cause you can I was just looking for a reason to rant and I took it when I saw it. Go speculate yourself to death over Artorias (Metaphorically).
I was joking about the Brave thing, isn't "Brave" a super deformed character according to dataminers? Artorias definitely isn't (nor is Eldrick unless they take some world map design or something).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

You see what I did there? I made a connection between a Character I want to "Brave" any character can be "Brave" if you stretch hard enough, Don't pull a Ralph Dibny on us.

Unless you can present proof for it, saying "Artorias isn't happening" by itself doesn't mean anything and isn't more credible than Google "leak".

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Can you please specify some of the evidence leading toward a Dark Souls character?

I'm all for it, but outside of the Google theory (which yeah I agree is fake as ****), I haven't really seen anything.
It's three main points really:

1) Bandai Namco has worked on the development of Smash and they haven't gotten any new reps in this game, and none of the mii costumes are back. If the costume theory is anything to go by then this means we'll get a Bandai Namco character that will also bring back the lost mii costumes of Smash 4. Dark Souls is owned by Bandai Namco which makes it eligible as a possible rep.

2) Dark Souls is a very influential and popular series that rocked the gaming industry during this decade. If Joker is a standard for anything, then we are getting third party characters that are quite popular and important for this decade. Reggie has already said that Joker was emblematic for how Nintendo is tackling the Fighters Pass. Once again Dark Souls fits this point quite well.

3) Nintendo's quote about them attempting to reach new audiences.
I'm specifically talking about this point:
With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, we asked 'How could we reach not only fans of the Super Smash Bros. series, but also those who had never played it before?' If you look at the demographics of the consumers who purchased each of these titles, Iʼm not convinced weʼve completely overcome these challenges yet. So our aims are to keep working on them this year, to expand sales of these titles to new consumer demographics, and to keep selling these games for a long time, which is one of our strengths."
Once again this point fits so well with Dark Souls. As it is video game series that has a community that is mostly on Playstation and PC. If Nintendo is attempting to target new audiences then Dark Souls is an eligible target.

D

Deleted member

Unless you can present proof for it, saying "Artorias isn't happening" by itself doesn't mean anything and isn't more credible than Google "leak".
Okay the "Artorias isn't happening" thing was a bit over overstated on my part I should've said "I don't think Artorias is happening", He's possible just not likely at all.

The Google thing could easily be faked and while Artorias has a connection to the word Brave not every video game character who has a connection to that word will be "Brave" it doesn't instantly mean you're being considered. Is is possible? Yes, Is it likely? I don't think so.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I just find this leak strange.

Like, really strange.

Do I believe it?

But at the same time, it's so...

Strange
my main sticking point?

1557648314048.png

google ads are ****ing expensive, man

after grinch leak i don't doubt the stupid extremes people are willing to go, but this guy has been running four simultaneous ads for over 3 days now

that's a costly prank

Last edited:

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
Wait does your death and rebirth get you out of your Banjo contract or...? :dr^_^:
Honestly after looking over all the responses Hinata Hinata relayed to me when I left, the Scott persona is just way too far gone. I really can't fall back om another schtick that's versatile as this one has been.

So uh... ****, we really have to think this over.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
my main sticking point?

View attachment 219183

after grinch leak i don't doubt the stupid extremes people are willing to go, but this guy has been running four simultaneous ads for over 3 days now

that's a costly prank
Remember when people said the grinch leak was real because the extremes that people had to go through to fake it were ridiculous?
Never underestimate a person with a lot of money and time on his hand.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
my main sticking point?

View attachment 219183

that's a costly prank
Don't doubt how desperate humans can be. Remember that someone bought a defected Peach amiibo for $25 000.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It's three main points really:

1) Bandai Namco has worked on the development of Smash and they haven't gotten any new reps in this game, and none of the mii costumes are back. If the costume theory is anything to go by then this means we'll get a Bandai Namco character that will also bring back the lost mii costumes of Smash 4. Dark Souls is owned by Bandai Namco which makes it eligible as a possible rep.

2) Dark Souls is a very influential and popular series that rocked the gaming industry during this decade. If Joker is a standard for anything, then we are getting third party characters that are quite popular and important for this decade. Reggie has already said that Joker was emblematic for how Nintendo is tackling the Fighters Pass. Once again Dark Souls fits this point quite well.

3) Nintendo's quote about them attempting to reach new audiences.
I'm specifically talking about this point:

Once again this point fits so well with Dark Souls. As it is video game series that has a community that is mostly on Playstation and PC. If Nintendo is attempting to target new audiences then Dark Souls is an eligible target.
OK. They're all good points towards Dark Souls, but none of them exclusively apply to Dark Souls.

I mean, I've been using point 1 as one of my main arguments for KOS-MOS to get in.

I was kind of referring to points that don't just apply to multiple franchises, just Dark Souls specifically.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay the "Artorias isn't happening" thing was a bit over overstated on my part I should've said "I don't think Artorias is happening", He's possible just not likely at all.

The Google thing could easily be faked and while Artorias has a connection to the word Brave not every video game character who has a connection to that word will be "Brave" it doesn't instantly mean you're being considered. Is is possible? Yes, Is it likely? I don't think so.
A character doesn't need any leaks to be likely.

I don't think anyone currently in this thread believes Artorias is a lock. It's just this "leak" gave people a reason to think about Dark Souls and it has its own reasons to be in Smash.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing that gets me about this leak though is:

Who was the person to find it first?

Because that person has to be the one who did it, otherwise whoever did this expected people to just naturally 'find' the leak.

This isn't Grinch Hoax which just got dumped online in a big "LOOKIT ME!" kinda thing, whoever made these ads had to get the word out somehow.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
OK. They're all good points towards Dark Souls, but none of them exclusively apply to Dark Souls.

I mean, I've been using point 1 as one of my main arguments for KOS-MOS to get in.

I was kind of referring to points that don't just apply to multiple franchises, just Dark Souls specifically.
If it's exclusive points for Dark Souls then I'm afraid I don't have any. However, if it was just one point that it ticked then yeah I'd agree it's reaching, but the fact that Dark Souls ticks all three of these points makes me think that it's likelier than we thought.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Because that person has to be the one who did it, otherwise whoever did this expected people to just naturally 'find' the leak.

This isn't Grinch Hoax which just got dumped online in a big "LOOKIT ME!" kinda thing, whoever made these ads had to get the word out somehow.
From what I remember, Graizen was the one to originally mention the leak here. So he might have the answer to that question.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

IIRC it was someone from the papagenos discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom