• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The virgin Projared statement vs. the chad Scott the Woz statement:
  • Writes off his wife
  • "rumors, speculation, and gossip"
  • Doesn't address the issue
  • "come to you own conclusions" but it better be on my side
  • Blocks people who don't agree with him
  • Thanks the fans who he's addressing
  • Kindly asks them to stop
  • Wishes that Etika gets help
  • Takes control of the situation
  • Begins an open dialogue
Be like Scott.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
hey all

scott here

and lemme tell you guys, these babies are really something special - they got all the crunch, got all the munch, and make for a perfectly good lunch

D

Deleted member

Okay so, What happened with Jared's Wife is completely messed up I think we can all agree to that. Nobody and I mean nobody deserves to be treated like that it's incredibly stupid to do something like cheating on your own wife and presumably abusing her, That's just a big no-no. That's wrong in so many different ways I can't imagine in any situation, In any POV that would be okay.

Even if you didn't get caught it's morally, emotionally, physically, and in every sense of the word Wrong. It's just wrong straight up no arguing for what happened but I can't say that I'm all too affected as I wasn't ever really a fan of Jared's but that said I am disappointed I had more faith in him, I always want to believe in the best of everyone as long as they don't repeatedly and actively go against me I want and always do believe in the best of people so this came as a surprise and I am disappointed.

I feel bad for both Jared's Wife and Jared's fans, Jared's Wife is and has been going through a lot so I really hope she's okay as nobody would want to or deserve to be treated like that and I feel bad for Jared's fans cause some I assume, Looked up to him and some probably grew up watching him so for someone's personal role model to do something that bad I just feel bad for them.

In every sense of the word this situation is messed up, Though that said it could be worse. I'm just glad that it came to light as this might've continued otherwise.

Also I really hope Vinny and my dude James don't have any dark secrets like this, Those dudes are cool and I love their content.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm sorry. A good bike is expensive.

That sucks dude.
Eh it was a cheap one. I'm just angry with myself because I knew better then to not double check that my lock's attached.

Maybe I'll use this as a chance to buy a better one.
If it makes you feel any better, I misread bicycle as Bionicle.
Thanks, now I'm remembering that time as a kid when my Happy Meal Bionicle toy got stolen too.
I'm sorry for your loss.
When you say it like that it sounds like someone died.

D

Deleted member

I'm literally in tears right now but these memes are ****ing great

IMG_20190509_033550.jpg

Danny's ****in' amazing, dude. He's just so chill, and it seems like no matter what's goin' on, he's having a good time.

I aspire to be like him one day.
I always kinda thought staindgrey staindgrey would look like Danny. That's what I see in my head, at least!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I think it's more the betrayed feeling people have from it.

Like, it wouldn't surprise me if Alex Jones was an adulterer, but Projared? He's got me into games I would've never played like Final Fantasy.
Same reason I stopped watching Nostalgia Critic, really. Ironic how one of the guys whose mild-SJW preachiness ended up being involved with a ****ty inside story at Channel Awesome.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

projared be like

i must use memes to counteract my crippling sadness
You cheated not only your wife, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a wrong turn and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow pleasure. Everything was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, realtalk for a moment. (Actually broke out the laptop to write with more than my thumbs for this one.)

This total thread reaction to a single Youtuber's personal life has really shed a light on how influential these personalities really are. I often joke that I'm the old "get off my lawn" guy here, but it's times like these that I legitimately feel out of touch and like I'm not even in the same generation as a lot of the other people here.

I've never really considered Youtubers celebrities in the same vein as celebrities from other industries, but clearly, they are. Their lives matter to you guys. How they conduct themselves outside of the content they publish has a very real effect on your day to day. That's... That's a responsibility I wasn't expecting if my Youtube aspirations eventually became realized. I just wanted to make content apart from myself and just let viewers enjoy the content. I'm nearly at 5000 subscribers and I haven't engaged on a personal level, or shared my name or my face or anything about my personal life. I didn't feel I had to. But now... I'm not sure that I can be a presence on Youtube worth taking seriously unless I do.

This is a lot more to think about than I'd expected. I don't... know if this is what I want in the long term. I just want to make videos and have people enjoy them. Anything more than that sounds... terrifying, actually.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wow, so not only was Holly like "hey i'm here for u if u need me sweetie uwu" in response to Jared's tweet, but now she's come forward with this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

tl;dr: "heidi's a lying ass ***** and i can't believe you'd believe her over me, the person who jared was cheating on her with"

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
*when you don't know any YouTuber, but still feel like adding to the current conversation*

1557387676460.png

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
projared's plan for moving on

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just don't understand cheating.

And sure I've never had a girlfriend so what do I know? But even outside of the moral wrongness of it, what is there to gain from this?

If you're unhappy, break up. if you want to sleep with other people, maybe discuss an open relationship. Work it out. All that's gonna happen is someone gets hurt.

I just don't get it.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

More memes.

osby

Smash Obsessed

And sure I've never had a girlfriend so what do I know? But even outside of the moral wrongness of it, what is there to gain from this?

If you're unhappy, break up. if you want to sleep with other people, maybe discuss an open relationship. Work it out. All that's gonna happen is someone gets hurt.

I just don't get it.
Because humans fundamentally hate making decisions. Cheating your partner is essentially avoiding choosing between two people, hence is easier in short term.

It's amoral and harmful for everyone involved in long term, but it's actually really simple.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I just don't get it.
I don't particularly either other than what I've read, but most times it comes down to a self-esteem problem on the part of the cheater. Even in a relationship they aren't receiving what they want, so they look outside of the relationship for that while keeping the cheated as a "safety net," or for whatever they supply (be it validation and support, money, commodities, etc.).

Any sensible person with an inch of self-respect doesn't cheat.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Because humans fundamentally hate making decisions. Cheating your partner is essentially avoiding choosing between two people, hence is easier in short term.

It's amoral and harmful for everyone involved in long term, but it's actually really simple.
I'm sick of this ****

I'm ending it

thanoi.jpg

Right here

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

I just don't get it.
No one can cheat on you if no one likes you in the first place.
Roll_Safe.jpg

P.S. I'm not referring to "you" you. Just whoever this relates to (like me).

I swear to god I saw Tots' name pop up in the likes for this post for a split second when it was first posted.
Made me hopeful for a minute.
Some day, Tom. Some day... I still talk about him as if he was still here. He's clearly missed.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

More memes.
OH NO

MY ONE TRUE WEAKNESS

THE SONIC ADVENTURE REALTIME FANDUB

It's 12:51 but I laughed out loud to this. I love their Eggman voice actor. He really makes the fandubs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well.

At least I still have Markiplier, 8 Bit Ryan, SomeCallMeJohnny and the entirety of The Runawayguys.

I mean, that's pretty much all I watch anymore anyways so...

Yay me?

D

Deleted member

I have the disctinct feeling that I will wait for more info to unfold. It feels like some cheap soap opera ATM where they are throwing **** to each other and truth could be uglier or less ugly that what we're imagining now. Still it doesn't erase any the misgivings.
Hold on, I have something on me...

Ah, here it is...
View attachment 218099
Nice to see a Gash/Zatch pic. Was a great manga.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I just don't get it.
I don't either, but it happens more times than you would think.

I had a Girlfriend for three years, it was both of ours first relationship, long story short, she went off to college and two weeks later she broke up with me on September 10th, 2017. Her roommate, someone I barely even knew, called me and told me that she had been cheating on me even before she left for college. Like I said, it sucks, but it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom