• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I need a diagram to keep track of all these names of people I don't know.

I think I'll step out of this conversation. Y'all have fun.
Jared: The cheater in question
Heidi: Jared's ex-wife
Holly: The ex-wife of Jared's long time friend, Ross, and the one Jared was cheating on Heidi with
Ross: Some poor shmuck who probably had no idea this was going on

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't think Max has a bad bone in his body, 9 out of 10 times whenever you pop into a stream he's in a good mood and is genuinely grateful for the support of his followers.
**** the one time he said something that could be considered offensive he made a video about it apologizing while on the verge of tears.
Honestly, Max is probably too busy streaming to even be able to cheat on anyone.

That man is dedicated to the grind.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, what Projared did is horrible but...

People are acting like they don't know and accept people who do that sort of thing...

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I don't think Max has a bad bone in his body, 9 out of 10 times whenever you pop into a stream he's in a good mood and is genuinely grateful for the support of his followers.
**** the one time he said something that could be considered offensive he made a video about it apologizing while on the verge of tears.
Ugh, I know which one you're referring to. I saw the original and wondered what the fuss was about, and then I gave it a second listen and then I was like, "Ohhh, now I get it..." And that is all I will say about the matter.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
She's white. I have my mash plain as hell too and I'm also white
I'm a white dude in 3rd shift tech support.

If I get any whiter I'm gonna be ****ing translucent.

And I say this explains nothing.
LOL

But really I'm like this with most food. . .most MEAL food, anyway, I have far less restraint on sugary treats.

If a pizza has basil as an ingredient I immediately feel disraught upon biting into it and like a perfectly good pizza was ruined, and I consistently decline to have barbecue sauce with my steak because I prefer the meat and applied spices to speak for themselves.

Although that last one had me accidentally denying myself a lot of flavor for a while as a kid too because my family is modestly Christian and there's this weird phenomenon with Christian families to where they fixate on this one particular spot in the Old Testament that says you can't eat meat with blood in it and lowkey interpret it as having to cook all meat Well Done all the time because "WHAT IF I EAT MEAT WITH BLOOD IN IT AND THEN JESUS DOESN'T LOVE ME?"

So long story short I've been gradually weaning myself onto rarer and rarer cuts as an adult every time my family takes me to a steakhouse or makes individual steaks at home while my mother tolerates it but repeatedly makes concerned mildly disgusted comments.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I realized my last post was poorly timed. My apologies. But yeah I just don’t know what to say about all this. I’m just a bit conflicted here and don’t really know how to handle it. There’s a lot of people I thought I could look up to and believe they’d never do stuff like this.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Edit: Wait wait wait, did he ABUSE her? Like, actually day awful things to her or physically hurt her? That's not ok, at all.
Yeah I’m not sure about physically but there was some heavy heavy emotional abuse and isolating her and banning her from seeing his friends with him and etc

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Holly: The ex-wife of Jared's long time friend, Ross, and the one Jared was cheating on Heidi with
Huh.

Jared's an idiot if he didn't think that would end poorly. Like, he's also clearly a flawed ***hole assuming all of this is true and cheating is never okay in any form, but he was also either completely oblivious to the very real consequences of that action or apathetic to them.

Celebrity really changes people, I guess.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, what Projared did is horrible but...

People are acting like they don't know and accept people who do that sort of thing...
Okay let me elaborate cause this didn't come out how I wanted.

Jared's actions are awful, but cheating is so common I'm just surprised at the severity of the backlash.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to go to bed, see you intellectuals from when I return!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Edit: Wait wait wait, did he ABUSE her? Like, actually day awful things to her or physically hurt her? That's not ok, at all.
Heidi specifically mentions abuse and gaslighting in her tweets. She mentions that Jared had basically complete control over her. Even when she discovered the cheating, she couldn't move out without Jared's express say-so, and he also controlled all of her finances.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not to be Judgemental or whatever but, I will say, Heidi is far more beautiful than Holly.

Just my opinion but like, dude, what the ****.
Yeah I’m not sure about physically but there was some heavy heavy emotional abuse and isolating her and banning her from seeing his friends with him and etc
Daaaaamn, **** him then.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
When I woke up I thought this would be a good day. What happened instead is that I opened twitter and was greeted with pictures of Jared's ****.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Jared's actions are awful, but cheating is so common I'm just surprised at the severity of the backlash.
because when a youtuber who seems generally light-hearted and clean suddenly turns out to actual scum, the shock hits even harder

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I think it's more the betrayed feeling people have from it.

Like, it wouldn't surprise me if Alex Jones was an adulterer, but Projared? He's got me into games I would've never played like Final Fantasy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
PBG could potentially be given the benefit of the doubt, maybe, but the fact he spoke up without being sure is pretty rough

And this stuff does matter, because we directly support these people by consuming their content, and I don’t wanna support awful people. So it sucks to have to unfollow and unsubscribe to holly and Jared

Never subscribed to PBG cause I always found him annoying but still

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I realized my last post was poorly timed. My apologies. But yeah I just don’t know what to say about all this. I’m just a bit conflicted here and don’t really know how to handle it. There’s a lot of people I thought I could look up to and believe they’d never do stuff like this.
Never expected to post legitimate advice from Frieza.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There was a problem fetching the tweet

PBG's response.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
PBG could potentially be given the benefit of the doubt, maybe, but the fact he spoke up without being sure is pretty rough

And this stuff does matter, because we directly support these people by consuming their content, and I don’t wanna support awful people. So it sucks to have to unfollow and unsubscribe to holly and Jared

Never subscribed to PBG cause I always found him annoying but still
i'd give PBG benefit of the doubt at this point in time because the news is still fresh and probably as much of a shock to him as anyone else

like if something like this came out about one of my closest friends i'd probably also be mentally searching for ways to absolve them of it for a good hour or two, because sometimes it's just impossibly hard to remove yourself from the actual person and the person you thought you knew

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On top of this he was telling friends that she was the abuser to make her look bad.

I think it stems from his big popularity as well as the fact the other big names his associates with have all had controversy. On top of the fact that while cheating and lying he was also getting fans to send nudes and likely trying to bang them too.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I dove into this rabbit hole and I almost saw a **** pic. What I saw wasn't good.

That's enough internet for tonight.

Goodnight.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
tumblr_inline_ou2kogaipP1tt3n9f_540.jpg

basically me @ this whole situation rn

Noipoi

Howdy!
WAIT WAIT WAIT A SECOND

Ross and Holly got divorced?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
A prophecy that's been six years in the making, right down to the very same date as well.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Are you ****ing kidding me

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME NOT JARED TOO
Okay I've got enough internet in me for one more comment.

Jared's getting what he deserves. You emotionally abuse and cheat on your wife, you pay the consequences. Him being a public figure means that his public image goes too.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

D

Deleted member

WAIT WAIT WAIT A SECOND

Ross and Holly got divorced?
Back in September of last year IIRC. The timeframe makes it seem that Jared started having an affair with Holly right when the divorce was finalized or even when it was still ongoing, both of which make the whole thing a lot worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
JonTron had the balls to come out and say, "Hey, that stuff I said, I didn't mean it. I was unprepared and began saying things without properly thinking them through and I'm sorry."

PBG condemned the hell out of him for it anyways. PeanutButterGamer honestly just needs to stick to himself. He's inadvertantly making all the situations he puts himself in worse.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly looking at the odds I’m not going to be shocked if Arin is hiding something. It seems fame corrupted all of them so far imo.
I'd be incredibly disappointed if so. Arin, in everything I've seen of him, seems to be just like me in where his morals and his priorities lie, and I respect him. If he's ever caught up in some scandal I think I'd be more disappointed than usual with pseudo-celebs because I feel like he's me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh **** this definitely also means Dragons n Places isn't coming back.

D

Deleted member

ProJared is the guy that introduced me to YouTube as a whole **** man I think I might cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom