• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
God I am so ****ing disappointed
I ****ing loved holly man

What the ****
This news ****in' sucks, man. Like...

I dunno, man. It just ****in' hurts.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright, I meant to talk about this earlier today, but w/ me being busy w/ homework all day, I haven't really been able to.

But since I'm finally able too... I'm gonna nerd out a little bit at 3 in the morning.
AdventurousChiefChrysomelid-size_restricted.gif

Finally... ****ing finally. Arc Sys revealed the HUD for Granblue Fantasy Versus. Almost 5 months after the initial reveal.

And I gotta admit, they included way more things from Granblue than I initially thought, especially skills/buffs/debuffs.

Plus it's also nice to see little touches like "invincible" appear for moves that are invincible.

Looking forward to see a full match of the game within the next few days/weeks.

And they're actually having a closed beta at the end of the month.

Unfortunately, I don't have PS+ and I already used my free trial.

So... ****ing RIP me.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Y’all I’m ****ing destroyed rn what the **** is this news and why do I care so much
Trust me, I'm right there with you.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm devastated.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh, not that I condone cheating on one's spouse, but it reminds me of the Tiger Woods situation.

It's not a cool thing to do, but it's also none of our business nor should it effect his job. I mean, if he was doing drugs or was hurting people physically, I could understand it more. Otherwise, it's not something that concerns me.
I don’t really agree here.

As a big time youtuber you become a role model weather you wanted to or not. I’m sure plenty of kids and people of all ages watched him.

Him doing this and it not affecting his job is kinda dumb.

By that logic it sends a message that it’s ok to cheat on your wife and cause a bunch of mental health issues if your famous!

And all I’ve got to say is

No, absolutely not.

No one should be allowed to stay big time for any big wrong doing like this. It’s a terrible message to send to people if they do stay on top.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
He's one of the first internet video celebs around and he managed to be this squeaky clean. Jeez :yoshi:
I mean, I feel like it's not that hard to stay clean.

Don't be a ****ing ***hole. Don't let your sudden fame get to your head and make you act like a different person. Be good to people.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, I meant to talk about this earlier today, but w/ me being busy w/ homework all day, I haven't really been able to.

But since I'm finally able too... I'm gonna nerd out a little bit at 3 in the morning.
View attachment 218074

Finally... ****ing finally. Arc Sys revealed the HUD for Granblue Fantasy Versus. Almost 5 months after the initial reveal.

And I gotta admit, they included way more things from Granblue than I initially thought, especially skills/buffs/debuffs.

Plus it's also nice to see little touches like "invincible" appear for moves that are invincible.

Looking forward to see a full match of the game within the next few days/weeks.

And they're actually having a closed beta at the end of the month.

Unfortunately, I don't have PS+ and I already used my free trial.

So... ****ing RIP me.
WHERE IS THIS.
I MUST SEE MOAR.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
WHERE IS THIS.
I MUST SEE MOAR.

I dunno how much gameplay is out there, honestly. It's been a pretty hush-hush game.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You guys...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

IT WAS ALL A PART OF HIS PLAN. TOTS SACRIFICED HIMSELF TO GET SCOTT TO THE TOP.

FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE HE LIVES.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m glad u don’t really follow content creators on YouTube.

I watched adrive who’s a great and honest family man from the looks of things, and then I watched a few channels for tv show breakdowns and discussions and then mindless countdown videos or videos that contain theories for stuff like marcel films. Mostly to pass the time while I work at my computer.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I’m just thinking

Poor Heidi and poor Ross

That can’t have felt good for him even though they’ve been divorced for a while
The worst part is Ross and Holly divorced back in mid 2018, and according to Heidi, Jared's been seeing Holly for months.

So there's the very real possibility Jared swooped in the second Holly's divorce was finalized, and maybe even before then.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You guys...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

IT WAS ALL A PART OF HIS PLAN. TOTS SACRIFICED HIMSELF TO GET SCOTT TO THE TOP.

FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE HE LIVES.
Oh I also watch Scott as it’s mindless but fun entertainment. And honestly his collection of stuff for his videos is pretty cool.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
WHERE IS THIS.
I MUST SEE MOAR.
Look it up on YouTube.

They released a preview trailer w/ actual gameplay around 24 hrs ago.

But when I say preview... I mean a preview.

They're gonna release a full match between some pro fighting game players sometime soon and there's a closed beta coming at the end of the month.

You can sign up for it now as long as you have a PS+ membership.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
WOAH WAIT WHAT HE CHEATED WITH HOLLY?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just think cheating is one of the worst things you can do to a person.

Jared... You ****ed up big time and essentially told your wife she was not worth the time.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Peanutbuttergamer's also trash as he's defending jared for this
I don't know why I'm even trying to get into Youtubing when I don't know who any of these people ****ing are.

But hey, new slogan:

Subscribe to OPMeat. We're not racist or cheating on our significant others!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Eh, I wouldn't call PBG out so quick.

According to Heidi, Jared's been lying to his friends about this affair for a long ass time, so it's possible that PBG is just acting on what HE knows.

Still pretty messed up to just go in the face of Heidi's statement like that, but it might be done out of ignorance, not malice.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
>jontron: exposed
>pewdiepie: exposed
>nostalgia critic: exposed
>projared: exposed
>james:

View attachment 218071
Ehhh, I wouldn't say that... James has gotten his hands dirty before. He's told a story with Mike on how they went to a strip club once, and this was while he was already married to his wife. Forgot what the celebratory occasion was, but I thought it was in extremely poor taste of him. That being said, there are worse examples, at least if we assume his wife was OK with it and...****, who knows? Maybe she's into that kind of thing too? Considering it never blew up, it's probably not a big deal.

Now I'm just hoping that Max ends up being an honest-to-good person. He's my favorite youtuber atm and his streams with Matt, Kenny, Steve, Jessica, and the whole Yo!Videgames crew are chill and fun as hell. It would be tragic if his sportsman-like attitude ends up being a ruse...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah, ain't that some ****? As I said in my previous post, it's even possible Jared's been with Holly since the second she got divorced from Ross.

This whole situation is 12 shades of ****ed up, and I hate it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don’t really agree here.

As a big time youtuber you become a role model weather you wanted to or not. I’m sure plenty of kids and people of all ages watched him.

Him doing this and it not affecting his job is kinda dumb.

By that logic it sends a message that it’s ok to cheat on your wife and cause a bunch of mental health issues if your famous!

And all I’ve got to say is

No, absolutely not.

No one should be allowed to stay big time for any big wrong doing like this. It’s a terrible message to send to people if they do stay on top.
That's fair. But I feel like these types of situations are pretty personal and don't require our input. Same way I felt about Tiger Woods' situation or most celebs that cheat. And I don't think Youtube people have any more sway than actual celebs for the most part.

It's ****ed up, but it's not something we need to know about at all, it should be something the people in the relationship should handle.

Again, I don't need to know goes on in Tiger Woods' marriage, that's between him and his wife, but knowing if someone like Lance Armstrong or Barry Bonds took performance enhancing drugs to further their careers, then I care, because it effects what we know them for.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
PeanutButterGamer when Jontron says some bad **** and apologizes for it:
**** u Jontron ur horrible and we're not friends anymore

PeanutButterGamer when ProJared cheats on and abuses his wife and lies about it to his followers:
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've never really been a fan of ProJared anyways, so this news doesn't really effect me.

I will say that their relationship is really their business and that damning him for it is really not for us to decide. Sometimes things just happen. I've been through 3 Divorces. All a product of cheating. When I was 10, 15, and 19 specifically. You learn to move on. It's not easy but it's how it is.

It's a jack ass thing to do but, it happens.

Edit: Wait wait wait, did he ABUSE her? Like, actually day awful things to her or physically hurt her? That's not ok, at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>jontron: exposed
>pewdiepie: exposed
>nostalgia critic: exposed
>projared: exposed
>james:

View attachment 218071
It's rewind time. It feels like we're going back to Youtube's origins the Nerd was here before everyone he was basically the man who made Gaming a huge thing in the first place, We're really entering a new era.

This honestly sucks man first Jon then Pewds, Nostalgia Critic (though he wasn't ever all that funny) even Etika and of course, Projared. He seemed like a good guy and he was entertaining enough. This really sucks.

Hopefully Vinny didn't do anything wrong cause he's actually very entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I need a diagram to keep track of all these names of people I don't know.

I think I'll step out of this conversation. Y'all have fun.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Me on the outside:
6e68f9c0b358194438d6e81883770f6b.jpg

Me on the inside:
9b2.gif

D

Deleted member

Ehhh, I wouldn't say that... James has gotten his hands dirty before. He's told a story with Mike on how they went to a strip club once, and this was while he was already married to his wife. Forgot what the celebratory occasion was, but I thought it was in extremely poor taste of him. That being said, there are worse examples, at least if we assume his wife was OK with it and...****, who knows? Maybe she's into that kind of thing too? Considering it never blew up, it's probably not a big deal.

Now I'm just hoping that Max ends up being an honest-to-good person. He's my favorite youtuber atm and his streams with Matt, Kenny, Steve, Jessica, and the whole Yo!Videgames crew are chill and fun as hell. It would be tragic if his sportsman-like attitude ends up being a ruse...
I don't think Max has a bad bone in his body, 9 out of 10 times whenever you pop into a stream he's in a good mood and is genuinely grateful for the support of his followers.
**** the one time he said something that could be considered offensive he made a video about it apologizing while on the verge of tears.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I never followed Projared (watched a few vids of his and didn't care much), so him being a scumbag doesn't affect me much personally. I have followed PBG for a while now though, so his posts are a bit more concerning for me.

I won't throw him under the bus entirely though until this situation develops and more info comes out, and see how PBG acts past this point. Apparently he was very close friends with Projared and I think even Holly, so it's possible his emotions are getting the best of him. This doesn't justify his posts of course, but it could atleast point to him being the way he is due to emotions and not malice. We'll see I guess.

AVGN is still awesome, and hopefully it stays that way. He's been one of my favoirtes for years, and I rewatch his older stuff alot to rewind. If something turned up about him that could actually gut me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom