• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I just watched ZeroPunctuation's MK11 video, and this is one of the rare moments where I think I agreed with every single thing Yahtzee said.

I think I've decided completely that I like MKX better. I'll keep playing MK11 online because it's the newest one but. Yeah.
The Krypt is bad. Don’t get me wrong. But I just love this roster and story way more than X. Especially since I really dislike most of X’s newcomers

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well jokes on you two. These Mii costumes are a disgrace anyway. They're #NotMyIsabelle

View attachment 217768
It just seems like a random tweet paraphrasing a theme of the film... Unless there was a bunch of PR-talk I missed out on prior to that tweet.
I’d say it’s a hint. The directors already said that we are getting more Into The Spiderverse stuff.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I’d say it’s a hint. The directors already said that we are getting more Into The Spiderverse stuff.
If we're talking a straight-up sequel, I'm already expecting one. It's just that a bunch of the comments act like this is completely new, some even going so far as to state it's some MCU-crossover–related thing. We already got a sequel hook at the end of the first film, so what makes this tweet special?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If we're talking a straight-up sequel, I'm already expecting one. It's just that a bunch of the comments act like this is completely new, some even going so far as to state it's some MCU-crossover–related thing. We already got a sequel hook at the end of the first film, so what makes this tweet special?
At most I’m expecting this to be a lead up to a teaser trailer

D

Deleted member

Fair warning, his review (as usual) plays fast and loose with spoilers. But there were two parts that god damn did Yahtzee get it right, IMO. I'll write 'em up to see if other MK11 players agree or disagree.

"MKX was making some real moves in retrospect. There's a time jump, a slew of new characters, existing characters became more nuanced, Outworld becomes a more complex community rather than the evil Masters of the Universe on protein powder dimension... It really felt like things were growing, and now all that's gone straight in the ****ing bin."

"The Krypt mode used to be a fun little way of unlocking concept art, costumes and finishers. Now it's this massively elaborate time sink obliging us to grind Mortal Kombat fun bucks for... one of seven quintillion cosmetics. Not costumes. Cosmetics. Costumes are fun. Cosmetics are just one of the many exciting ways a live service game tricks you into thinking something that's utterly ****ing useless has value. Costumes are when Johnny Cage dresses up like Columbo and everyone has a good laugh. Cosmetics are when you randomly unlock a pink belt buckle that Commander Character I Never Use can wear instead of the default, which doesn't match or bring out his eyes but I equip it anyway along with a puke-colored fisher's hat I found because **** it I put in the work."
Frankly, my main issue with X is that while I loved the little addition to the lore like Outworld, overall the story feels rather fillerish for most of the game but from what I've seen its the same issue with 11. 11 due to the story type it has, it just deals very little with the lore of MK outside of some of the characters endings which is something that it feels off.

While a few of the characters seemed interesting in X like Takeda, Erron and Kotal, they pretty much amounted to nothing storywise and others felt derivative like Cassie especially when both her parents were in the game. Overall, I think that they could've gone with Onaga or Dark Raiden for 11 but it just feels that they would retread the same argument as Deception but with other perspective like X was retreading the Netherrealm stuff (including the lame main villain) just with different perspectives.

I know that Deception is often seeing as its name implies, but it is kinda a direction I would like for MK to tackle in regards to moving the storyline. Have a new villain, introduce new realms and characters with them (they even can reintroduce and improve upon existing characters like it was the case for Striker in 9, Liu Kang and Kung Lao in 11) and overall just expand on the rich universe it has rather than retread on old stuff.

It's a shame what they did with the Krypt as well.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I hate going out in the warm seasons.

Too many attractive people, I can't function under these conditions.
I hate going out in any season.

Too many people in general.
I hate going out.

Too much air.
It would be a tad bit early to for a sequel tease though...

I hate going out, unless food is involved in some way.

Too much hill.
Man, did I stumble into a chicken coup or something?

D

Deleted member

I can finally edit gifs which means I can show my disappointment for ya'll in animated format
20190508_191014.gif

Anyways, just heard what the MK team has to go through to make the fatalities and jfc it shouldn't be surprising but it's disgusting to think what the employees are forced to look up for research and that some of them have developed PTSD due to it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ahhh I’m making myself real frustrated with the head drawing thing. :(
I’ll take a break for now...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can finally edit gifs which means I can show my disappointment for ya'll in animated format
View attachment 217773

Anyways, just heard what the MK team has to go through to make the fatalities and jfc it shouldn't be surprising but it's disgusting to think what the employees are forced to look up for research and that some of them have developed PTSD due to it.
Really? Yikes. That’s not good.

Too bad that people vehemently insist that MK HAS to have gore or it’s terrible no matter how good the actual fighting is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom