• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
some people commit themselves to an art, working tirelessly day after day for some kind of improvement, some way to give back to the world

some people dedicate themselves to the sciences, determined to unlock the mysteries of this universe, and through it, improve all mankind

some people even dedicate themselves to philosophy, seeking to understand the very nature of humanity itself

and others,

well,

View attachment 217752
>Not Edeabelle.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Honestly I think whatever Nintendo does, a lot of people will come away disappointed.

Not because the content isn't good. But we're conditioned to think that E3 is when the company you're rooting for brings out the big guns. We're expecting to be wowed and blown away with content. But Nintendo seems content to release news on their own schedule and dedicate their E3 presentations to very specific titles that they want to push for the holiday season, and that's it.

I think there will be multiple games we already know about-- like Luigi's Mansion 3, or Link's Awakening, or others-- that won't even get a mention and leave their fans scratching their heads. While Microsoft will again try to go for numbers by throwing trailer after trailer to pack their presentation with as much stuff as possible, Nintendo will remind us all we want to buy Pokemon and Animal Crossing and maybe have one big unknown reveal to keep "hype" levels high, like they did when announcing Other M in an otherwise boring E3 conference. And that'll be it.

Also probably a Smash character 'cause why not.
While I agree that E3 isn't the be all and end all for Nintendo, I'm still expecting them to show off many of their announced titles simply due to timing: the last direct gave us a nice explanation for what was happening throughout Spring, but as we approach June, that information's starting to dry up: we know that MM2 is June, Three Houses is July and Astral Chain is August, but we don't know much beyond that apart from 'coming 2019' promises

I think purely because when of this direct will be falling - not necessarily a reflection of E3's importance - that titles like Luigi's Mansion 3 will be covered: that investors meeting said it and Animal Crossing are coming 2019, but didn't specify when (and I still have faith they'll be 2019 as 2020 and onwards titles seemed to be demarcated by "TBA" IIRC)

Basically, we need a clearer roadmap for what's happening in Autumn onwards and E3 would be a good time to show that: I fully expect another direct sometime round September, but even with Nintendo's efforts to minimise time between announcements and releases, we'll need to have been given a bit more notice of Autumn/Winter releases' dates before then

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alternis Alternis , I DID IT, I HAVE THE HOLY TRIO WITH ME
ezgif-1-e8bf45da21eb.gif

I come to make a announement 2.gif

look at this nut 2.gif

NOW I CAN FINALLY GO TO ****ING BED.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Haven't watched it yet but I've played MKX so I doubt MK11 can be worse than it considering it seems to have actual animation and a bloodbender
Fair warning, his review (as usual) plays fast and loose with spoilers. But there were two parts that god damn did Yahtzee get it right, IMO. I'll write 'em up to see if other MK11 players agree or disagree.

"MKX was making some real moves in retrospect. There's a time jump, a slew of new characters, existing characters became more nuanced, Outworld becomes a more complex community rather than the evil Masters of the Universe on protein powder dimension... It really felt like things were growing, and now all that's gone straight in the ****ing bin."

"The Krypt mode used to be a fun little way of unlocking concept art, costumes and finishers. Now it's this massively elaborate time sink obliging us to grind Mortal Kombat fun bucks for... one of seven quintillion cosmetics. Not costumes. Cosmetics. Costumes are fun. Cosmetics are just one of the many exciting ways a live service game tricks you into thinking something that's utterly ****ing useless has value. Costumes are when Johnny Cage dresses up like Columbo and everyone has a good laugh. Cosmetics are when you randomly unlock a pink belt buckle that Commander Character I Never Use can wear instead of the default, which doesn't match or bring out his eyes but I equip it anyway along with a puke-colored fisher's hat I found because **** it I put in the work."

D

Deleted member

Fair warning, his review (as usual) plays fast and loose with spoilers. But there were two parts that god damn did Yahtzee get it right, IMO. I'll write 'em up to see if other MK11 players agree or disagree.

"MKX was making some real moves in retrospect. There's a time jump, a slew of new characters, existing characters became more nuanced, Outworld becomes a more complex community rather than the evil Masters of the Universe on protein powder dimension... It really felt like things were growing, and now all that's gone straight in the ****ing bin."

"The Krypt mode used to be a fun little way of unlocking concept art, costumes and finishers. Now it's this massively elaborate time sink obliging us to grind Mortal Kombat fun bucks for... one of seven quintillion cosmetics. Not costumes. Cosmetics. Costumes are fun. Cosmetics are just one of the many exciting ways a live service game tricks you into thinking something that's utterly ****ing useless has value. Costumes are when Johnny Cage dresses up like Columbo and everyone has a good laugh. Cosmetics are when you randomly unlock a pink belt buckle that Commander Character I Never Use can wear instead of the default, which doesn't match or bring out his eyes but I equip it anyway along with a puke-colored fisher's hat I found because **** it I put in the work."
Oh so it's story and side mode related stuff, which don't bother me at all.
Like, I'm not a big MK fan but my brother and my friends like it so I'd prefer playing the one with better animation and characters.
OH
OH ****
I swear to god if they actually cross over Spider-verse and the MCU, the film industry will have peaked and nothing else of value will be able to be produced: over a century of history would all be culminating to this moment.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I’m sure Yahtzee makes some good points, but I personally cannot stand his smarminess, makes it impossible for me to get through his reviews.
100% agreed but I enjoy his smarminess. I watch his videos on games I've never even played just to see how he ****s on them.

I actually really enjoy when he does a game I like because it almost always results in me chuckling and nodding my head like, "I mean, he's not wrong."

When he called my man Chris "**** boulders" Redfield is still one of my favorite Zero Punctuation quotes.

D

Deleted member

OH
OH ****
SPIDER-VERSE 2 TEASE?
FAR FROM HOME CROSSOVER TEASE?
MILES IN FAR FROM HOME?
MCU PETER IN SPIDER-VERSE?
I CAN'T
I
OH MY
I CAN'T
D6EkBCcX4AEkJX-.jpeg

whoo.
okay.
obviously this being posted a couple days before minecraft's 10th means they're making a spider-verse skin set.
of course.
obviously.
duh.

D

Deleted member

MK11 is fun as hell for me but at the same time it feels like it has the same problem as MvCI; a rock solid fighting game with fun core mechanics dragged down by other issues surrounding it. I don't always agree with Yahtzee but he's not wrong here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Yeah Miles is definitely going to be in Far From Home, remember him being teased by his uncle in Homecoming?
Also, if he survived the snap he can be the same age as Peter despite being many years younger than him because Miles aged for 5 years while Peter didn’t.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Yeah I really wish they actually followed through with Dark Raiden instead of time shenanigans. Have a role reversal with Earthrealm as the aggressors against outworld in Mortal Kombat, like in Kotal’s MKX ending.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
MK11 is fun as hell for me but at the same time it feels like it has the same problem as MvCI; a rock solid fighting game with fun core mechanics dragged down by other issues surrounding it. I don't always agree with Yahtzee but he's not wrong here.
That's actually a really good comparison.

Except MK11 actually looks good and its story mode is still fun to play. I don't hate the game by any means. Just trying to figure out why I don't like it as much as I should.

Noipoi

Howdy!
For context, they uploaded the full movie on their channel, but when you click it, it’s just an hour of Pikachu dancing.
I've been avoiding everything about the movie as part of my no-spoiler protocol, I thought someone really put the full movie online.

I'm kinda stupid.

D

Deleted member

y'all are gonna be so dissapointed when it's just spiderverse themed nike shoes

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah Miles is definitely going to be in Far From Home, remember him being teased by his uncle in Homecoming?
Also, if he survived the snap he can be the same age as Peter despite being many years younger than him because Miles aged for 5 years while Peter didn’t.
They’re gonna have to give his character a big overhaul like in Spiderverse since MCU Spidey took everything that made comic Miles remotely unique. But it could be a good thing since Spiderverse Miles is 10 million times better than comic Miles.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah I really wish they actually followed through with Dark Raiden instead of time shenanigans. Have a role reversal with Earthrealm as the aggressors against outworld in Mortal Kombat, like in Kotal’s MKX ending.
There have only been two times where I wanted to write my own fanfiction to correct the canon's missed opportunity more than right now.

Of course I've never written any of them but the feeling is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom