• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I feel like I’m on a wild goose chase. I’m going round and round on the internet trying to find any word on wether or not VeggieTales is anti-LGBTQ. I’m not religious now, but it was a big part of my childhood, and I want to know if I can continue to support their endeavors. I’ve always said that I don’t necessarily agree with WHY some of these lessons are being taught, but they are very good lessons. As far as I can find out, the only time the brand has ever come in contact with this subject matter was when one of the co-creators voiced support for the LGBTQ community in the wake of a shooting, and hosted a podcast on the subject (I haven’t watched it because the description says one of the guests wants LGBTQ behavior to be banned and the podcast was framed as a debate). But that’s still just one guy who doesn’t even control many of the business decisions for the brand anymore. And the brand itself continues to be aligned with problematic people and organizations. They hired Doug TenNapel to redesign the characters for their Netflix show, they air episodes on Trinity Broadcast Network, and they put VeggieTales Audiobooks in Chik-Fil-A kids meals. But this could easily just be because these are some of the few openly Christian organizations in the world of mainstream media and as such are the only people who will work with them. They have never given their views, as a brand, on people like me.

Just thought I’d share. I really don’t know what to do about this.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I completely forgot about that sprite.

The design is a bit all over the place, but hey, it's a old sprite, so whatever.

Tagging Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy & KarneraMythos KarneraMythos as always.

D

Deleted member

I just use twitter to follow Japanese fan artists so fortunately, all I get on my timeline is mysterious runes laced with good fanart.
this is an older post but I just remembered it and I just wanted to say that I know that feel sometimes

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So on the subject of weapons, what's the one weapon that you'd most like to see a playable character wield in Smash? You don't have to have an actual character in mind - it can be purely hypothetical

I'd personally like to see a trident or perhaps a bolas - what we clearly need is more tripping
Scythes for me. I tend to gravitate towards characters who wield them, so naturally I'd like to see them in Smash.

Outside of that, maybe a ball and chain/flail. :ultsimon:/:ultrichter: and :ultbowserjr: partially fills this quota for me, but I'd still like to see more of them.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Topical reminder that there's a scene from a film where Jackie Chan uses a bicycle as a weapon and it's the greatest **** ever

Scythes for me. I tend to gravitate towards characters who wield them, so naturally I'd like to see them in Smash.

Outside of that, maybe a ball and chain/flail. :ultsimon:/:ultrichter: and :ultbowserjr:partially fills this quota for me, but I'd still like to see more of them.
I hear you on the ball and chain/flail front: the Belmonts' gear sort of scratches that itch, but I'd like to see it used more as a means of entangling your opponent and as a blunt force

D

Deleted member

y'all wearing a dress in public for once feels like

nice
I wish I had one of those pictures with the sweating guy with the rag in my meme folder because that about sums up what this post makes me feel
That's cute. One of my cats always try to cuddle with me like this whenever I lie on my back.
That's so adorable. Do you let him do it or no?

D

Deleted member

and honestly, Id rather have this then a girl waking up next to him and doing the stupid "PERVERT" line and hitting him coughmythracough
yoU wEre stAriNg

honestly my main issue with this scene isn't even the dumb anime corniness because i'm desensitized to it, my main issue was that it happened only a couple cutscenes after
a major character ****ing dies

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
yoU wEre stAriNg

honestly my main issue with this scene isn't even the dumb anime corniness because i'm desensitized to it, my main issue was that it happened only a couple cutscenes after
a major character ****ing dies
idk why I laughed so damn hard at that

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
y'all wearing a dress in public for once feels like

nice
Ah, I remember my first dress.

I don’t know if our situations are at all similar (I either missed it or don’t remember), but we both share the first experience of wearing a dress in public and loving it to bits and I choose to focus on that.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Morgana reminds me og P4G when Teddie asked for a. Im Honey Kiss and Yu could walk over and do it but Teddie would panic that you called his bluff. Then he asked "What does it mean to glomp somebody" then Yu Bear hugs him.

Then Dojimas like "What the ****?" when he comes home

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It must be really sad to have your gay awakening be Morgana of all people. Like, you're friends with Ryuji and Yusuke but it's the cat that makes you go "oh **** im bi".

Joker, in tears: "Ann, I have to tell you something."
Ann: "Wh-what is it, Joker?"
Joker: "I slept with a guy."
Ann: "Oh Joker, there's nothing wrong with that."
Joker: "It was Morgana."
Ann: "I'm so sorry for your loss."

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So we’re now discussing Morgana again?

This thread must enjoy tales of King Arthur.

Wait a minute...

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
He's also a cat for like 100% of the original game.
Yeah. I’m taking the personality from that and transposing it onto his human form.

Am I missing something about Morgana? Like, if he were a real human I’d probably date him. I would date him. ME. Think about that, in context of everything else I’ve ever posted. Then add that to Morgana’s bio as like, a charm feat.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It must be really sad to have your gay awakening be Morgana of all people. Like, you're friends with Ryuji and Yusuke but it's the cat that makes you go "oh **** im bi".

Joker, in tears: "Ann, I have to tell you something."
Ann: "Wh-what is it, Joker?"
Joker: "I slept with a guy."
Ann: "Oh Joker, there's nothing wrong with that."
Joker: "It was Morgana."
Ann: "I'm so sorry for your loss."
when you have your gay awakening but your gay awakening has edea's voice

1557323639450.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I was browsing Reddit and came across a gif.

It was a family of possums making someone’s grill their home.

Ok then.

D

Deleted member

So we’re now discussing Morgana again?

This thread must enjoy tales of King Arthur.

Wait a minute...
Oh actually I really do like King Arthur.
Did I ever tell any of you the story of how Morgana managed to give birth to Mordred, a homunculus copy of King Arthur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom