• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Well two guests, looks like it's just you and I.
1549183919054.png

How are you doing on this fine 4 A.M.?

Wait, you can't answer that.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright, I was going to post this yesterday, but I felt as if it would be jarring considering the topics going on in this thread, but I was on Twitter yesterday, and I've noticed that there were people still upset over Isabelle, Incineroar, Plant, and the Grinch in general.

So, I'm curious, are you guys still upset over the final 4, or the "what-could-have-been" of the Grinch? Not trying to have any malicious intent with this, just an honest question.
The Grinch leak would've been preferable, even if we had to lose Inceneroar, but I think deep down we all knew it was probably all too good to be true. Nevertheless The Grinch leak would've made more people overall happy and so I'm willing to say that outcome would have been FAR better than what we got. However, me personally, I'm more than happy with our final roster. Simon, Richter, K. Rool, Ridley, Isabelle, Daisy, Chrom, Ken, Inceneroar, and Dark Samus are all marvelous additions. The DLC has been good so far. Piranha Plant is surprisingly disappointing to play as, just not my type of character I suppose, and Joker is an appropriate out of nowhere third party addition and I absolutely adore those.

Shroob

Sup?
Thanks!
. . I’ll have to look that up.
Basically, think every space-shooter where you're a space ship at the bottom of the screen with enemies that appear from above and shower you in bullets, but instead of a space ship, it's anime girls.

Series is like, over 20 years old at this point iirc.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Basically, think every space-shooter where you're a space ship at the bottom of the screen with enemies that appear from above and shower you in bullets, but instead of a space ship, it's anime girls.

Yup, grandaddy of indies.
Also got some banging tunes.

D

Deleted member

Huh.
Sounds. . Interesting.
I’m finding it hard to sleep after my traumatic experience. How annoying.
Are you okay? I know that that’s a ridiculous question considering your situation, but, you know what I mean.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Blargg888 Blargg888 , what is your avatar of?
I always saw it as some weird lettuce girl draining a beetroot, but. .
Komeiji Koishi from Touhou

Basically:
"To escape the fear and hatred which other beings feel towards the satori species, she attempted to destroy her mind-reading ability by closing her Third Eye. However, this had the side effect of sealing away her own conscious mind, causing her to lose all thoughts and motives; she could no longer be hated, but neither could she be loved, or even remembered by people who saw her.

As her actions are controlled entirely by her subconscious, Koishi's presence cannot be noticed by other beings unless she allows it, even while standing in plain view because she's closed her mind, or her Third Eye."
Also got some banging tunes.
Last Remote and Hartmann's Youkai Girl are two of my favorites.

Shroob

Sup?
I have a hard time calling Touhou the "Grandfather of indies" though.

I've always felt that title goes to Cave Story first and foremost.

Cave Story knew it had a good idea and actually weaseled its way onto consoles like the Wii for actual money.

Likewise, Touhou just kind of kept to itself and only now has started to branch out into the mainstream(Woefully long past its initial boom point in the late 2000's)

D

Deleted member

Komeiji Koishi from Touhou

Basically:
"To escape the fear and hatred which other beings feel towards the satori species, she attempted to destroy her mind-reading ability by closing her Third Eye. However, this had the side effect of sealing away her own conscious mind, causing her to lose all thoughts and motives; she could no longer be hated, but neither could she be loved, or even remembered by people who saw her.

As her actions are controlled entirely by her subconscious, Koishi's presence cannot be noticed by other beings unless she allows it, even while standing in plain view because she's closed her mind, or her Third Eye."
Oof.
Poor thing.
Can she re-open her third eye?

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, this might be a 'hot take' as kids put it nowadays, I'm of two minds when it comes to Touhou.

When I was a teen, Touhou was that thing only the super weebs knew about and it was super hush-hush, that binded really small but passionate communities together.... stateside. In Japan, the phenomenon was massive.

But nowadays, the initial hype period from Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil to Unidentified Flying Object's release really, REALLY petered out.

I feel like this is a lot due to the creator's desire to keep Touhou from actually going 'big', which, I dunno, I feel like that hurt it more than helped it in the long run.

Cave Story allowed itself to be put out there and it became an Indie darling, likewise, Touhou only recently started to step outside its bubble.

....and don't even get me started on Fate/Stay Night, another "Indie" game in Japan that became a worldwide cash cow by not being afraid to put itself out there.

I feel like Touhou kinda squandered its potential in its golden years by keeping itself so hush-hush.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh, was patterns like that celebratory worthy? Someone should've told me that 400 posts ago :yoshi:
There is a reason that the party poppers are unenthusiastic.

They need their sleep as much as I do.

But here I am, typing up an essay at 5 A.M. while listening to Touhou music.

But nowadays, the initial hype period from Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil to Unidentified Flying Object's release really, REALLY petered out.
It's Undefined Fantastic Object you UNCULTURED SWINE.

Nah, I'm just kidding.

Shroob

Sup?
there may or may not be a nintendo direct in the next week, month, or year that shows off some video games and maybe smash content
Pft, real bigbrainers know the Piranha Plant was the only DLC character, Joker doesn't exist and the Fighter Pass exists to spend 25 dollars on a Mii Costume.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pft, real bigbrainers know the Piranha Plant was the only DLC character, Joker doesn't exist and the Fighter Pass exists to spend 25 dollars on a Mii Costume.
Does that Mii costumes include a trench coat? It's worth it if I can finally make my Super Smash Bros x Hellblazer dreams come true.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Does that Mii costumes include a trench coat? It's worth it if I can finally make my Super Smash Bros x Hellblazer dreams come true.
Bro. It's only Rex. That's all you get.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That DLC costume is whatever you want it to Mii.

Just remember to Mii yourself.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So random thought of the night as I finish playing Kingdom Hearts III for like, 12+ hours straight. Big if, but if we got Sora in Smash, how would the trailer hafta be made so that people don't figure out it's for Smash DLC? (besides not putting "Not Actual Gameplay" or whatever the blurb is at the bottom of every trailer. that gave away Joker for me.)

Part of me thinks that it should be with Sora, Donald and Goofy in their Gummi ship (graphical style of KH3) trying to figure out where they're supposed to go next like usual. When Sora follows his heart and uses his Keyblade to open a pathway to a new world, their Gummi ship arrives at a world that looks like the Smash logo. Cue internet freaking out here.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So random thought of the night as I finish playing Kingdom Hearts III for like, 12+ hours straight. Big if, but if we got Sora in Smash, how would the trailer hafta be made so that people don't figure out it's for Smash DLC? (besides not putting "Not Actual Gameplay" or whatever the blurb is at the bottom of every trailer. that gave away Joker for me.)

Part of me thinks that it should be with Sora, Donald and Goofy in their Gummi ship (graphical style of KH3) trying to figure out where they're supposed to go next like usual. When Sora follows his heart and uses his Keyblade to open a pathway to a new world, their Gummi ship arrives at a world that looks like the Smash logo. Cue internet freaking out here.
Open with Cloud saying something along the lines of "Didn't expect to see you here. I won't go easy on you." Pan to Sora. Easy freak out. Not over extravagant. Simple and Clean.

I still don't see Sora happening but hey, I'm down.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought the internet turned off when I left.
Nah, its not like that.

The internet is a series of tubes, and when you leave, the tubes freeze.

No actual pausing takes place.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Would anyone happen to have a list of some of Squirtle’s combos?
Most of his combo's involve downthrow into "insert string of aerials here", it pretty much all works.

I tend to ram into shields with sideB, which bounces me into a VERY comfortable position in the air from where I can Bair the inevitable dash-attack response to start that same undefined string of 40-60 %

Incidentially: Anyone else hyped af about what's going on at Genesis 6 right now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom