• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
>Loses after getting arcfire'd for the 20th time
eggman-1.png

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I am back from finishing KH3 Critical Mode.

It is both easy and difficult at the same time. Both in bad ways.

Still had a pretty good time up until the end. Things get jank there.

I'm sure I'm just bad at the game tho so take what I say with a granule of salt.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
World of Light Nuzlocke time Part 2!!!

For those who need a refresher, these were my rules
  • The goal is to beat Galeem and Darkon together.
  • If I lose a battle, the fighter and spirit team that they were using are both discarded and cannot be used anymore.
  • To make sure I explore all of World of Light and don't just choose the fastest route, I must collect every character before defeating the final bosses (or die trying).
  • PPlant and Joker can be used. Depending on how long this takes, I'll add a safety net. If future DLC fighters are released beyond this date like Erdrick, I will not use them.
  • I cannot buy spirits via the shop outside of World of Light or win spirits via Spirit Boards.

Last time we left our heroes off, our party was slowly starting. We suffered unfortunate losses in the name of Marth and Kirby. This run wasn't so different.

Out of curiosity, I decided to give Joker a try because he's the hot new DLC. My spirit list was expanding and my fighter roster was growing. I felt I could get away with some reckless abandon.

Then came this *****.

For those who don't know, the Shinobu spirit battle is a fight heavily reliant on bullet bills spawning within a small walkoff stage. Out of concern for my safety, my goal was to prevent her from getting these bullet bills and to end the battle swiftly. Unfortunately, the result was tragic.

Our newcomer, Joker, launched himself so offscreen that he ended up dying for his recklessness. Sorry DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , but I killed your child.

Down but not out, I decided to head towards the Giga Bowser boss fight. I ended up really enjoying Wii Fit Trainer out of everybody. Her Sun Salutation + Deep Breathing combo made short work of a lot of battles. I could keep my distance and defend myself when up close. She practically yoga'd her entire way through a castle's military defense, rescued Princess Peach, and slew Giga Bowser. It's here where I start to take down more three-star spirits for more power.

On a roll, I decided to head toward the factory, in which I needed Hal Emirich in order to access. I got Revolver Ocelot, upgraded it completely to his MGSV variant, and then proceeded to rescue Snake and fight Galleom. I went with Lucas for the Galleom boss fight for close and long range coverage. Mainly his smash attacks.

Guess who wins in this picture

Our heroes have taken down two of Galeem's head bosses. All that's left is Rathalos before I can move onto the World of Dark. I have developed a consistent method of taking down many spirits, got a ton of new powerful spirits, and am building my skill tree slowly. Things are looking up as we speak.

I'm fairly certain the only reason I'm doing so well right now is because I'm avoiding the four star spirit battles like a wimp genius. Maybe out of popular demand, I'll end up taking one on and see how screwed I end up.

Until then, here we are, folks.

View attachment 215725
>doing the WoL Nuzlocke before me

angry Wario.gif

I guess I'll have to follow behind you.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So folks...

Any villains out there you really think shouldn't have been villains?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Haven’t put my Mario into this arena yet. Thought I did decent with Snake and Ike, and I am a bit rusty. But either way, might bring out good ol’ Mayro.

Also considering changing my profile pic back to either Tracer, Booker DeWitt, or going all in on Captain America. Thoughts?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Er... allow me to rephrase.

I meant you didn't find their actions villainous at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ernesto, Hans, Humpty Dumpty, Rex Dangervest are ones that come to mind.
Gonna have to disagree with you on that one chief

Rex dangervest being the villain perfectly showed the dangers of closing off your heart. Not allowing any bad to get in sure, but also not allowing any good. Turning yourself into a selfish jerk. I thought it was pretty good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna have to disagree with you on that one chief

Rex dangervest being the villain perfectly showed the dangers of closing off your heart. Not allowing any bad to get in sure, but also not allowing any good. Turning yourself into a selfish jerk. I thought it was pretty good.
Well you just know me. I'm just getting overfatigued by the Twist Villain and its more annoying it came from something that wasn't Disney/Pixar. I would had liked it better if it was just a misunderstanding and Lucy and the others simply had to try to stop Emmett and Rex from ruining everything.

On the other hand though I'm pretty grateful of how wrong I was of the Light Fury being on it with Grimmel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am back from finishing KH3 Critical Mode.

It is both easy and difficult at the same time. Both in bad ways.

Still had a pretty good time up until the end. Things get jank there.

I'm sure I'm just bad at the game tho so take what I say with a granule of salt.
Is getting Ultima before starting it a good idea? I wanted to try out critical today but was trying to decide if I should grind out Ultima on my old save first for NG+.

Also, would you say that the overall difficulty Is fairly balanced, or is it just constant getting one shot by enemies in the corner?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So folks...

Well, there is this one character from Star vs. the Forces of Evil who's most recent actions I'm still feeling...very conflicted on.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So folks...

Maleficent

Sure she wanted to kill an innocent girl (and would've succeeded if it wasn't for the spell being altered to having her fall asleep), but those royals were being VERY RUDE for not inviting her to a party! :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Jiren from DBS and King Dedede from Kirby come to mind.

Dedede didn't really do anything all that evil and Jiren, I think he's self-explanatory the only thing he did remotely wrong was attack the fallen U7 members but that was out of frustration and I believe that some people would do what he did.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maleficent

Sure she wanted to kill an innocent girl (and would've succeeded if it wasn't for the spell being altered to having her fall asleep), but those royals were being VERY RUDE for not inviting her to a party! :yoshi:
To be fair though they had a reason not to invite her.

She is the Mistress of EVIL after all.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Why are Smash fans on YouTube videos such awful people? I kid you not. Every time I try to have a civil conversation with Smash fans on YouTube, all they do is get mad at you and insult you. The people on Smashboards are good, but Smash fans everywhere else are just awful.

D

Deleted member

Why are Smash fans on YouTube videos such awful people? I kid you not. Every time I try to have a civil conversation with Smash fans on YouTube, all they do is get mad at you and insult you. The people on Smashboards are good, but Smash fans everywhere else are just awful.
Prob cause YouTube doesn't have active mods.

LetterO

Smash Lord
You literally answered your own question by saying YouTube

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
King Dedede's more of an anti-hero then a villain tbh. As with Meta Knight which is why I don't associate him with the likes of :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultpiranha::ultridley::ultdarksamus:but more in the lines with:ultdarkpit::ultwario::ultwolf:alongside Meta Knight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

YouTube comments sections are a hive of villainy and general nastiness. Smash Subreddit is also pretty bad.

TBH, no community is free from baggage, but this place comparatively is probably the best Smash community I've seen. Well, depending on the thread; the character support threads can be terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom