• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
tumblr_mx5or0GZhT1t2l4jao2_r1_500.gif

So it's guns you wanna talk about, huh?

D

Deleted member

"I've come to the conclusion that living and dying aren't actually opposites. You can't live without facing death."
"Oh, so the suicidal maniac wants to live?"
"I figured it was at least worth a try."
Bungou Stray Dogs is wild nonsense but it still manages to sound poetic somehow
We currently have 3 pictures of guns on this page, can we get more?
Saw you hanging out with Sonic, Gwennyvere
a450c37e-1047-478e-88c5-0fe46ac21362.png

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ok, I'm just gonna say this, and I'm not calling out specific users since I'm seeing a lot of this in this thread:
I am a Steve supporter. I do not care for Banjo. I do not care if he gets in or not, as I care more for Steve.

However, I do not go around this thread parading that that I am 100% repulsed by Banjo, I do not go around saying how Banjo Kazooie is a trash franchise, and I do not go around saying that Banjo is filth and should not touch Smash. If I did that, I would be dunked on so hard that I would be ran off the boards.

But most importantly, I have this thing called respect. I respect those who want characters like Banjo, or Isaac, or Shadow, or whatever. Just because some characters don't appeal to me doesn't mean I should rain on everyone's parade just to voice my hate on a bundle of pixels possibly making it into a crossover fighting game. Maybe a jab or two, but never a full blown rant. That's annoying to those who actually want said character, and that it makes you guys look like an entitled brats. You're not getting anywhere, your just making people lose respect for you, unless you don't care for your image.
And if you hate when people completely **** on your idea of a good character, then what gives makes it right for you to completely **** on their idea of a good character?

Cut that out.
And lo.

The based potato man did speak the truth.

D

Deleted member

The real pro gamer technique is to make posts about your like count, causing people to like the posts and increase the like count allowing you to make more posts about your like count. It's a self-fulfilling cycle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"I've come to the conclusion that living and dying aren't actually opposites. You can't live without facing death."
"Oh, so the suicidal maniac wants to live?"
"I figured it was at least worth a try."
Bungou Stray Dogs is wild nonsense but it still manages to sound poetic somehow

Saw you hanging out with Sonic, Gwennyvere
View attachment 214556
IMG_20190426_093659.jpg

Neither will I you beta cuck

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The real pro gamer technique is to make posts about your like count, causing people to like the posts and increase the like count allowing you to make more posts about your like count. It's a self-fulfilling cycle.
pippity pie, get ready to die

Kasumi tellygun.png

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ok, I'm just gonna say this, and I'm not calling out specific users since I'm seeing a lot of this in this thread:
I am a Steve supporter. I do not care for Banjo. I do not care if he gets in or not, as I care more for Steve.

However, I do not go around this thread parading that that I am 100% repulsed by Banjo, I do not go around saying how Banjo Kazooie is a trash franchise, and I do not go around saying that Banjo is filth and should not touch Smash. If I did that, I would be dunked on so hard that I would be ran off the boards.

But most importantly, I have this thing called respect. I respect those who want characters like Banjo, or Isaac, or Shadow, or whatever. Just because some characters don't appeal to me doesn't mean I should rain on everyone's parade just to voice my hate on a bundle of pixels possibly making it into a crossover fighting game. Maybe a jab or two, but never a full blown rant. That's annoying to those who actually want said character, and that it makes you guys look like an entitled brats. You're not getting anywhere, your just making people lose respect for you, unless you don't care for your image.
And if you hate when people completely **** on your idea of a good character, then what gives makes it right for you to completely **** on their idea of a good character?

Cut that out.
Gosh I’m so glad you joined these boards.

Where were you during pre-release speculation. We could’ve used you then.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
New mode? Echo DLC? What is it???

Him mentioning fighters 2 and 3 together makes me think we're getting a dual reveal at E3.

Your opinion is valid, and I accept that.

But for you to make an objective statement that Steve isn't a worthy addition or a "waste of a slot" based off of your opinion is what I have an issue with.

Don't think I'm singling you out or anything with this by the way. It's a large problem of the Smash fanbase as a whole, and I fight it wherever it pops up.
I put it in my original post ("imo") that Steve would be a waste. Because to me, he would be.

But I never stated it as if it was a fact.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway now i'm in a position of absolute authority, uhhhhhhhhhh

eat your greens and go drink some water right now so you don't get dehydrated

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, onto some more positive stuff.
Today, I finished Jaws for the first time. I can see why it was considered scary in the 1970s, but obviously now, in the 21st century, it's a little bit cheesy.

But I can still say thay it's a legit well made movie that still holds up to this day. Even if the shark does look a bit fake today, the pratical effects instead of CGI (if i were made today, the shark would have definitely been CGI'd) does give it a bit of a charm.

Ironically, I still do prefer well made pratical effects over CGI, because way too many movies have overly distracting CGI that just ruins the experience.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Some people just take this game too seriously. To them, a character they don't like getting into the game is basically the same as if Sakurai himself came to their house and spit in their face after killing their family. And those people need to get in touch with a little thing called reality. It's just a game, and one we have no control over. Yelling and ranting about how [x] will completely ruin the game and your experience will get you nowhere, and will change nothing. You're free to not want a character, I'm not denying that, but treating said character like the spawn of Satan is pretty petty.

And hey, if you're at a point where even a single character getting in can ruin the Smash experience for you, maybe you weren't that big of a Smash fan to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom