• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Now, I could make an entire list comparing certain Smashboards users to certain Star Wars characters.
But that would be a useless waste of time.
Which is why I'm doing it.

ShinyLegendary-R2D2
Brelooming Disaster- BB8
C3PO- Scoliosis Jones
Darth Vader - Cyndane
Boba Fett - JDS
Clone Troopers - spambots
Chewbakka- Zinith
Jar Jar Binks - nobody deseves this fate
Han Solo - Onereasonanddone
Luke Skywalker - Noipoi
Leia - staindgrey
Yoda- Swamp Sensei
Emperor Palpatine - Mythra
Obi-Wan - Warchamp
Rey - Alice the B-Rabbit
Kylo Ren- Snakefighter
Finn- SneakyLink
General Hux - JaitheGuy
Porg- Just a Penguin
Mos Eisly - osby
Captain Phasma - Gwen (it's a reference)
DJ- ThatOneAnon
Padme- Smashing Ramen
Count Dooku - Idon
Ewoks - Guests
Lando- Shroob
IG-88- Good Guy Giygas
MFW I don't exist:
Woah that's interesting but I sure don't care.jpeg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
ngl the thing i find most interesting about the steve tweet is that he says the 'next' DLC fighter

can't believe i was right all along

brave is actually sakurai leaving his house after receiving death threats for putting steve in the game

MainJPW

M.T.A
The argument of speed vs. strength in these nerd debates is one that ignores physics.

Force is mass x acceleration. This basic principle is why a bullet-- a harmless little piece of metal when stationary-- can **** you up when fired from a gun. Sonic's durability and sheer ludicrous speed would give him a tremendous amount of force for every strike that, IMO, Mario can't match.

I prefer Mario's games but this debate has never really been a debate in my mind. It's probably because I'm a Flash fan and speed is underappreciated in "who would win" fights.
And can we go into Sonic’s actual durability feats? They’re actually pretty impressive and consistent.

He no-sells explosions and collapsing metal from the Egg Fleets

Tanks falls from upwards of 20,000 to 60,000 ft. twice in Adventure (along with Tails on the first fall); completely no-sells a fall from space in Advance 2 (lands on his feet) and atmospheric reentry in Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

Tanks this fall...from somewhere, not clear where he’s falling from but he was falling pretty fast and made a pretty good impact in the ground yet still managed to shrug it off.

He also has slashing/piercing durability feats by resisting sword strikes from Dark Queen Merlina.

In Windy Valley Sonic and Tails both no-sell a powerful tornado as a means of transportation, same tornado that was literally ripping large chunks out of the Earth and launching them upwards of 60,000 ft. in the sky which is what makes up the third act.

When Knuckles performs the Fire Dunk he launches Sonic and Tails with the so much force they ignite from the sheer speed turning into fireballs that produce shockwaves and visible tremors. They no-sell that.

Sonic and Tail also completely no-sell Angel Island getting bombarded with bombs and going up in flames. (The plants and foliage in the foreground where they’re standing is on fire afterward... which means they just stood there in the fire)

Emerl in his ultimate state, was creating tornadoes with his kicks, creating powerful explosions with his punches (caused by splitting atoms because he gets his strength from Knuckles), another opponent was lifting building sized debris just by spinning around with enough centrifugal force to do so, and sonic easily took down Chaos, a city level being, that took super sonic in order to beat it last time.

That’s all just Base Sonic.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How new are you? Do you not know my reputation?
People can always change and have second chances.

Or a twelfth, it'll get there eventually.

also wtf do you mean "how new" he is like 7 years before your time

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Person who leaked the E3 showfloor and a texture for Ultimate's Battlefield last year is saying signs are pointing to Steve at E3.
why a texture of all things

thats so specific but its also hilarious

imagine if he leaked the texture of joker's gun

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Now, I could make an entire list comparing certain Smashboards users to certain Star Wars characters.
But that would be a useless waste of time.
Which is why I'm doing it.

ShinyLegendary-R2D2
Brelooming Disaster- BB8
C3PO- Scoliosis Jones
Darth Vader - Cyndane
Boba Fett - JDS
Clone Troopers - spambots
Chewbakka- Zinith
Jar Jar Binks - nobody deseves this fate
Han Solo - Onereasonanddone
Luke Skywalker - Noipoi
Leia - staindgrey
Yoda- Swamp Sensei
Emperor Palpatine - Mythra
Obi-Wan - Warchamp
Rey - Alice the B-Rabbit
Kylo Ren- Snakefighter
Finn- SneakyLink
General Hux - JaitheGuy
Porg- Just a Penguin
Mos Eisly - osby
Captain Phasma - Gwen (it's a reference)
DJ- ThatOneAnon
Padme- Smashing Ramen
Count Dooku - Idon
Ewoks - Guests
Lando- Shroob
IG-88- Good Guy Giygas
So i'm a boring ass character?
5bc.gif

D

Deleted member

SmashBoards was the thing that the philosophers and authors were trying to warn us about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Person who leaked the E3 showfloor and a texture for Ultimate's Battlefield last year is saying signs are pointing to Steve at E3.
Leaker: Ok, I have Smash Ultimate. It's leaking time. What do I leak... um... got it! I'll leak this miniscule texture!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

it was promo material for the showfloor (and coincidentally, the key that vaanrose used to unravel the grinch leak on day 1)

basically, the guy has access to e3 promo material, and there's probably stuff with steve on it

D

Deleted member

What I wanna know is how he even got the texture.

If I remember it correctly, it wasn't even a screenshot. It was straight up the texture file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom