• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ah. I never played the Splatoon games so I didn't know. I intend to eventually though.
TBF the part about the nautilus isn't actually in-game material, the information was released as a social media companion to a music update and may or may not pop up in an art book eventually. I know there's a Splatoon 2 artbook that's currently being localized and the original Splatoon artbook has some social media content in it, but I also know the Splatoon 2 artbook doesn't contain Octo Expansion DLC content so it may just be base game and conversely a hypothetical Octo Expansion book might not necessarily contain other content. Or maybe it would, who knows.

Anyway here's Ink Theory.

1556686726104.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
TBF the part about the nautilus isn't actually in-game material, the information was released as a social media companion to a music update and may or may not pop up in an art book eventually. I know there's a Splatoon 2 artbook that's currently being localized and the original Splatoon artbook has some social media content in it, but I also know the Splatoon 2 artbook doesn't contain Octo Expansion DLC content so it may just be base game and conversely a hypothetical Octo Expansion book might not necessarily contain other content. Or maybe it would, who knows.

Anyway here's Ink Theory.

View attachment 214248
****in love Splatoon's art holy ****

I hope this series becomes a major mainstay like Mario and Zelda

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys stop encouraging people to look up NSFW things please.

I am way too tired to play moderator right now.
I wanted to share bangers...

But instead I shared bangers...

D

Deleted member

Beating X is an extra Chad factor :V

The PM will have Torna spoilers and maybe faygomemes tho :p
Add me, haven't finished Torna yet but don't mind Xeno spoilers. (Plus it would look bad if I don't join given my name)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Does making a statement implying NOT to encourage looking up NSFW material in levity still count?

I want to make sure of these things. They can get confusing sometimes :yoshi:
**** if I know.

I'm just saying things to look busy. :smirk:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Fortunately for both of us it's definitely selling like one, LOL.

Maybe not quite Mario and Zelda levels, but it's basically zipped past anything that isn't those two, Pokemon, Smash, or Animal Crossing. It's outsold half the franchises in Smash in like two games. And that's not even getting into the fact that the team somehow popped both games out in two years each when most games take like twice that time. They CREATED A NEW IP in the span of two years. From concept to end product.

Nintendo has basically no reason to shoot it out back and since it's not a crossover it's probably only a matter of time before it starts getting spinoffs to tide *cough* people over between the already hectically quick game releases.

D

Deleted member

Considering it is super popular in Japan, and popular all over, it will.
This series is already more powerful than semi-big franchises like Metroid and Animal Crossing, in my opinion.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nintendo has basically no reason to shoot it out back and since it's not a crossover it's probably only a matter of time before it starts getting spinoffs to tide *cough* people over between the already hectically quick game releases.
Honestly I'd be all for Splatoon spinoffs into other genres.

The gameplay is great but the world and aesthetics and music are greater.

D

Deleted member

Controversial opinion, but in my opinion, Splatoon is bigger than Metroid.
Thoughts?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Considering it's Nintendo's most popular new series over the past decade, I'd say it has a good shot.

It all depends on what they do to expand the Splatoon universe.

D

Deleted member

So many people I know got Endgame spoiled.
Stay out of social media if you never saw it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Since everyone seems to get inkreasingly excited the more they find out about Ink Theory I might as well post their actual songs too LOL

Honestly I'd be all for Splatoon spinoffs into other genres.

The gameplay is great but the world and aesthetics and music are greater.
What's really funny is that I saw someone on ResetERA bring up that they'd like to play a fashion game set in that universe, and reading that I was just like

You know, it wouldn't exactly be WRONG to put the Style Savvy team on that with a little writing help from the main team.

I'd probably actually play it since the Style Savvy demo I played wasn't half bad and Splatoon gear is more my aesthetic, LOOOOL

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So many people I know got Endgame spoiled.
Stay out of social media if you never saw it yet.
Good tip, I've been staying off the little social media I have, but I mean what i say that it was spoiled in a very shameful way. I had every opportunity to stay safe, but I didn't.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Controversial opinion, but in my opinion, Splatoon is bigger than Metroid.
Thoughts?
Discounting franchise history - where I'd say Metroid wins handily - it's hard to say because they really haven't had a proper go at each other.

Wouldn't count it out though. Whenever Prime 4 drops is gonna be the real test.

ok daniel

now your name is forever embedded in my brain like kevin aka Pyra Pyra
Fam that's just who made my food.

My name's not Daniel.

D

Deleted member

Splatoon is legit one of my most favorite things ever. I would love nothing more than to see it continue to thrive, so heck yeah gimme spin offs. With how successful it is (ESPECIALLY in Japan. Holy smokes, it's big over there), I don't think we need to be too concerned about it's future. It's probably one of Nintendo's top 5 IPs ATM.

Give me a dancing game akin to the ones Persona gets. Everything you need for it is just sitting there, waiting for you to do it, Nintendo. Dooooo iiiiiiiiit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Good tip, I've been staying off the little social media I have, but I mean what i say that it was spoiled in a very shameful way. I had every opportunity to stay safe, but I didn't.
Some dude popped into one of my Discord servers to ask if an Endgame spoiler someone had told him was actually a spoiler (it was), and he then asked how to say it in Spanish so he could ruin it for his friends too.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom