• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like leaving out Mileena is wrong. She's a pretty staple character of Mortal Kombat, so it's weird to not see her here. I mean, obviously she's not the most iconic, but she's still pretty up there.

But at the same time, I'm just glad my main got in.
Same with Reptile. And leaving out Kenshi and Takeda when they're way more popular than say, Jacqui feels questionable. At least Frost got a comeback, she was always fairly popular, though again, not as much as Best PS2 Boy Kenshi. And leaving the Cyborgs out again was also questionable.

On a side note, I miss Good Guy Ermac. Yet another **** up of Raiden's.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Tots Hakai'd their account
yWsTNwH.jpg

Actually I used to dislike his Scottposting, but I grew to like that a lot and and now Im the big sad.

F

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thanks, but it's not like they needed more evidence to convince me this movie will be garbage.
The fact it's been this long until we got a trailer despite them having shown a trailer at an expo a few months ago should be convincing of that. Honestly though, Jim Carrey as Eggman is likely going to be considered a highlight of the movie

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Excited to see MK12 and how the hell they're gonna
work a 3rd reboot into this mess, lmao.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Exactly, if the site can bring back people who are SUPPOSED to be permabanned, someone who willingly deleted their account should have an easier time.
I'm not so sure. It depends on how it goes on in the back end.

When permanently banning, you want to keep data on the member so you can reference it later if they try to come back. When a user willingly wishes to leave, in accordance with the site's privacy policy the standard procedure may be to actually delete all personal information and thus any way of reapplying the user's information to that deleted account.

I can't speak for Smashboards because I have no experience with Xenforo, but on AllisBrawl I actually had the power to permanently wipe a user from existence if they requested it. I did two or three times if I remember. Once that was gone, it was gone.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
They said the trailer for the Sonic movie comes out tomorrow. Did you guys know that the trailer for that movie is said to have the song, Gangsta's Paradise? I am not even kidding.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
They said the trailer for the Sonic movie comes out tomorrow. Did you guys know that the trailer for that movie is said to have the song, Gangsta's Paradise? I am not even kidding.
That song should've been Giorno's dammit. Give it back, Sonic.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Fellas, it's almost time. This is what Tots and Faygo died for
Hmmm... not bad... At least the movie's gonna get something kinda right...

And just as I I thought, they seem to be releasing the trailer to play before Detective Pikachu...

Also, did I just hear Tots deleted his account? Why? Did one of his bets go haywire?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

When permanently banning, you want to keep data on the member so you can reference it later if they try to come back. When a user willingly wishes to leave, in accordance with the site's privacy policy the standard procedure may be to actually delete all personal information and thus any way of reapplying the user's information to that deleted account.

I can't speak for Smashboards because I have no experience with Xenforo, but on AllisBrawl I actually had the power to permanently wipe a user from existence if they requested it. I did two or three times if I remember. Once that was gone, it was gone.
Moydow and Cyndane have already confirmed that once you DELETE an account instead of banning it, it's gone. No way to get it back, period.

D

Deleted member

Real ****? Did Tots seriously delete his account? That's messed up man i'm gonna miss his game updates.

He seemed like a real nice dude and his Scott posts were quite a unique gimmick he had going on I quite liked it, First it was Faygo getting (Temporarily) Banned and now Tots deletes his account? Why are some of the good users leaving!

It's also gonna feel weird doing the Banjo Bet without him but we'll keep it going in his memory, I'll miss the dude.
I'm guessing Faygo personally requested a ban so he could avoid Endgame spoilers.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Excited to see MK12 and how the hell they're gonna
work a 3rd reboot into this mess, lmao.
Given the trend of MK and Injustice games we should be seeing MK12 in 2023.

Mortal Kombat 9 - 2011
Injustice - 2013
Mortal Kombat 10 - 2015
Injustice 2 - 2017
Mortal Kombat 11 - 2019

If not a coincidence then

Injustice 3 - 2021
Mortal Kombat 12 - 2023

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

What I mean is that Tots can likely just make a new account and have it be fine

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That's poetic. It's referencing to the last time period Sonic was good.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Fellas, it's almost time. This is what Tots and Faygo died for
Overall this depiction of Eggman is pretty good. I feel like for a live-action design, it's still Eggman-esque. They just had to make real a very cartoonish character, and that couldn't have been easy.

I still miss the oversized mustache, though.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah, I know. It is a 90s song, after all. But couldn't they have gone with another song? Not that I am really complaining, mind you.
It's particularly weird when This World and Live& Learn are iconic vocal tracks to the series that would feed on the nostalgia, but this is Hollywood.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Moydow and Cyndane have already confirmed that once you DELETE an account instead of banning it, it's gone. No way to get it back, period.
That's what I thought would be the answer.

Sorry, it's hard to keep up with the varying topics in here right now. Work and mod stuff.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's particularly weird when This World and Live& Learn are iconic vocal tracks to the series that would feed to the nostalgia, but this is Hollywood.
Yeah, I doubt Hollywood would take tracks directly from video games.

It would be funny to see His World as a song in the trailer for the movie, as in a song for a bad Sonic game in a trailer for a supposedly bad Sonic movie, though.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, I doubt Hollywood would take tracks directly from video games.

It would be funny to see His World as a song in the trailer for the movie, as in a song for a bad Sonic game in a trailer for a supposedly bad Sonic movie, though.
That's a thing I noticed for live-action adaptations in general. Hell, the critically acclaimed CastleVania Netflix show was criticized for not using the franchise's amazing music to the point they went "Ok yeah you'll get Bloody Tears in season 2"

Roberk

Smash Champion
>TotsBS just up and deletes his account
>Etika is going through some serious issues
6AC09762-F591-4BAC-A059-5DB0874A0545.jpeg

“It’s been one of those days”

D

Deleted member

Still wild that Sonic got Gangsta's Paradise but Vento Aureo didn't.
That's a thing I noticed for live-action adaptations in general. Hell, the critically acclaimed CastleVania Netflix show was criticized for not using the franchise's amazing music to the point they went "Ok yeah you'll get Bloody Tears in season 2"
>Live action adaptations
>Mentions an animated adaptation
Gwennyvere, pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom