• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, the thing is.

Superior Spider-Man needs some things to be established.

Doctor Octopus needs to be introduced in the MCU and also survive the movie he's been introduced in.

Additionally, the MCU Spider-Man story needs to last long enough for Doctor Octopus to become infirm and want to swap bodies with Peter Parker.

You might be waiting a while.
cmon man

superior spider-man is one of the only good things dan slotts done with these characters over here

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Well, the thing is.

Superior Spider-Man needs some things to be established.

Doctor Octopus needs to be introduced in the MCU and also survive the movie he's been introduced in.

Additionally, the MCU Spider-Man story needs to last long enough for Doctor Octopus to become infirm and want to swap bodies with Peter Parker.

You might be waiting a while.
I could totally see Superior Spider-Man in the next Spiderverse movie.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Top three favorite Marvel characters everyone, GO.
  1. Daredevil
  2. Jessica Drew
  3. Sue Storm

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I enjoy speculation but only when it's based on real stuff. Arguments about reps and deserved-ness are the nadir of pre-Smash talk for me.
A lot of arguments that pitch characters seem revolve around pigeonholing said characters as a "rep" of something. Like if you pitch a character from Company X, they now satisfy the condition of being a "Company X rep" and are obviously now a glaring omission.

If you're savvy, you may even refine your pitch by whining pointing out that there are a lot of Fire Emblem characters in this game and that's not fair.

Iridium

Smash Hero
1 more spot left, so a quick question. Who is the most evil person in this thread? We need our villain rep.

D

Deleted member

Color Splash is an okay game. The writing is excellent and the puzzles and exploration are good.

The combat is one of the most tedious things I've ever experienced, though.
I mostly get overdramatic over Color Splash for the lulz, but the excellent writing and neat graphical style are the only redeemable factors for it, to be honest. That's just my opinion, though!

D

Deleted member

I am slowly learning the ancient art of drawing circles.

You must use the dark arts of selecting the shape tool and then-

JK that's a terrible idea usually; I'm using the method of drawing two capital "C"s and then smoothing it. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

1. Daredevil
  2. Jessica Drew
  3. Sue Storm
1. Hulk
2. Deadpool / Wolverine
3. Captain America
( Iron Man is 4th, but he is close to Captain America. )
Edit: I forgot about Spiderman and Thor, ahh they would be high up there too.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
  1. Daredevil
  2. Jessica Drew
  3. Sue Storm
I don't read enough Marvel Comics to have a proper opinion on the characters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(Read: I don't read Marvel Comics at all)
Same with Marvel Movies, I'm not invested enough in the series to have an accurate opinion on them.

I'm more of a DC guy.

EDIT: Push comes to shove, though. I'd say Captain America, Doctor Strange and She-Hulk.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
1 more spot left, so a quick question. Who is the most evil person in this thread? We need our villain rep.
Katniss Everdeen

she's trying to ruin our fun by winning another hungers game :/

D

Deleted member

I mostly get overdramatic over Color Splash for the lulz, but the excellent writing and neat graphical style are the only redeemable factors for it, to be honest. That's just my opinion, though!
The OST is pretty bangin' too. I love the fight theme for Color Splash.

I also love the trippy version that plays when your HP is low:

I feel like this is the theme song of life. :smileye:

D

Deleted member

Also I'm really in a Doom vibe so here's a moveset for the Slayer. The idea is that he's hella fast but surprisingly light which represents how survival in Doom is about how you need to manoeuvre around enemy projectiles and can't really take too much hits. By default the Slayer's armed with his trusty Shotgun in one hand
Grounded attacks
Jab: Punches with his empty hand, press again to backhand and a third time to smack with the shotgun
Ftilt: Swings the shotgun in front of him
Utilt: Swings the shotgun around him in a half-circle motion
Dtilt: Leg sweep
Dash attack: Shoulder tackle
Up Smash: Shoots the shotgun upwards, basically functioning like a Ivysaur up air but as a Smash attack
F Smash: Shoots the shotgun straight in front of him. Similar to how shotguns are, they're ridiculously strong close range, with the blast showing the hitbox but not actually shooting out a projectile
D Smash: Shoots the shotgun behind himself at a downwards angle, the recoil is so strong Slayer gets knocked forward a little, acting as a hitbox
Aerials
Nair: Swings his fist directly in front of him
Fair: Swings his chainsaw in front of him like how most sword users swing during their Fair. The attack is a multihit when sweetspotted, which is at the end of hhe swing at Slayer's feet
Bair: Swings the chainsaw behind him. Unlike most Bairs this one has considerable startup but hits multiple times throughout the whole animation
Up air: Swings the chainsaw directly above himself, which while strong has a very then hitbox due to only hitting straight above him
Dair: Stomps downwards, it works as a spike if you hit people with the boots rather than the legs
Throws
Pummel: Headbutts the enemy
Fthrow: Holds the enemy by the arm before kicking them away
Bthrow: Grabs by the arm and violently swings behind him
Uthrow: Lightly tosses above himself before shooting straight up with the shotgun
Dthrow: Slams his fist directly on the head of the enemy with such tremendous force they get knocked away
Specials
B: Gaus Cannon, Doom Slayer stays in place while preparing the Gaus Cannon. during this period you can aim the cannon by pointing the joystick in the direction you want to aim, then you press B again to fire a powerful shot. If shot directly underneath the Slayer, he'll be sent upwards which can be used to mix up your recovery a bit, though the attack is slow regardless where you fire from
Side B: Heavy Assault Rifle, Doom Slayer grabs the weapon and shoots out 6 micro-missiles out of it, which act like sticky bombs/Crash Bomber but with a shorter timer. Out of all of Doom Slayer's projectiles, this is easily the fastest but the micro-missiles don't do too much damage
Up B: Meathook, Doom Slayer shoots the grappling hook off his shotgun upwards. It doesn't have as much range as most tether recoveries, but if the hook connects, Doom Slayer thrusts himself to whoever he connected to and he doesn't go in free-fall. It can only be used once until you touch the ground again but it can disencourage edgeguard attempts or be used as a combo starter
Down B: Chaingun, after a considerable amount of startup, Doom Slayer starts firing like nothing else, shooting out many bullets at such high speeds. The damage is good but there's barely any knockback. It can't be angled either meaning if you simply jump while Doom Slayer is preparing Chaingun you can punish the attack fairly easily
Final Smash: The BFG, fires a single powerful projectiles that sucks enemies in before exploding. The beginning of the animation can actually lock someone in place with the BFG similar to how you deliver the final blow to Doom 2016's final boss
I know this is very late, but...
Gaus Cannon sounds like a fun idea. I like this moveset!

D

Deleted member

I want to add the most popular answer, but they all are equal. Does anybody else agree with these, or is there someone even more evil?
Do Poinoi, because Noipoi is fun.

Edit: I am sorry for the double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom