• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's officially Sunday so you know what that means, 30 hours until I finally see Endgame! I can't wait until I can finally talk about it with everyone who's already seen it.

It's gonna be super exciting but none of you better spoil anything until then.

D

Deleted member

Finally got time to continue on through Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Though, this is what got me. Now on Case 2, Turnabout Sisters. Which means, y'know. I get to meet April May.

"I like a man with a big... vocabulary."

...well you must be playing.png

WHAT IS THIS ****ING GAME. WHY DOES SHE DO THE WEEABOO UGUU THING WITH HER ARMS.
WHY DOES SHE EXIST???

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What?

I could maybe understand if the guy was like "hey you said you're trans, I know nothing about trans people and I'd like to ask you some questions since I want to be more well-informed" or something like that, but "study?" That's just weird.
His exact message was "I’m a bi guy who likes studying transpeople (and almost became trans themselves) and the way they think and other things of the sort, so may I ask about your experience?"

He specifically said he "likes studying trans people".

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
perhaps unganon bunganon is more your taste
Omfg if my roomate comes in here asking wtf I woke him how am I going to explain why I'm laughing?
Ok he's regained sentience.

Sorry. We've just had this weird trend as of late where smaller accounts go awol. I misjudged the format of your post for one of those.
Nah mate, you've gone to the other side of the spectrum now--I'm not above a half-brained ****post

But uhh--what format should I be.. "avoiding"
is the word I think?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Finally got time to continue on through Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Though, this is what got me. Now on Case 2, Turnabout Sisters. Which means, y'know. I get to meet April May.

"I like a man with a big... vocabulary."

View attachment 213390

WHAT IS THIS ****ING GAME. WHY DOES SHE DO THE WEEABOO UGUU THING WITH HER ARMS.
WHY DOES SHE EXIST???
Because everyone in Ace Attorney has a gimmick.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh, I didn't realize this...

In two weeks marks my one-year anniversary on here :yoshi:
You're almost there. I think it's been a few days since I passed my one-year mark.

His exact message was "I’m a bi guy who likes studying transpeople (and almost became trans themselves) and the way they think and other things of the sort, so may I ask about your experience?"

It still sounds pretty creepy. I think there are a lot better ways to ask this if he's conducting a real research, which I somehow doubt.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

lol unless he a psychology major that's a whole

D

Deleted member

Because everyone in Ace Attorney has a gimmick.
I honestly repressed her almost entirely, so coming back to this after a very long time and seeing her again, I could tell her gimmick would be "hey, Rule 34, come at me!"

I don't really have a problem with it, since this series does like to go the extra miles, sometimes. IIRC there was a SUPER-DUPER flamboyant chef, which ended up being top 10 Ace Attorney character level. I'm just laughing my ass off to see this character again.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So came back from Endgame and I have mixed feelings about it. To me it felt underwhelming besides the third act and final battle. Infinity War in spite of its problems I had with it was a better film IMO.

I especially don't like the bastardization they did to Thor like what the ****? As if Thor: Ragnarok wasn't bad enough.

Also Korg should had died.

But one highlight is Rocket living yay! :grin:

Last edited:

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
So came back from Endgame and I have mixed feelings about it. To me it felt underwhelming besides the third act and final battle. Infinity War in spite of its problems I had with it was a better film IMO.

I especially don't like the bastardization they did to Thor like what the skreeonk?

Also Korg should had died.

But one highlight is Rocket living yay! :grin:
I nees to stop hitting that ****ing button
Curiosity soiled the experience

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I honestly repressed her almost entirely, so coming back to this after a very long time and seeing her again, I could tell her gimmick would be "hey, Rule 34, come at me!"

I don't really have a problem with it, since this series does like to go the extra miles, sometimes. IIRC there was a SUPER-DUPER flamboyant chef, which ended up being top 10 Ace Attorney character level. I'm just laughing my *** off to see this character again.
Eh as far as R34 goes, fanartists have like, waaaay more popular characters than that bait.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Yeah that's freaky. You don't just approach someone and ask them that.

Especially if you were questioning whether you were trans or not (the phrasing "almost became" makes me doubt that though; it seems to paint being trans as negative, as in you "almost became one of them" or something).

I'll admit I know jack**** when it comes to trans stuff though, so I have no clue how to interpret this scenario other than the guy's weird and creepy.
Nah mate, you've gone to the other side of the spectrum now--I'm not above a half-brained ****post

But uhh--what format should I be.. "avoiding"
is the word I think?
Just keep things cogent and somewhat on topic and we're good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm going to admit it honestly. Shazam! was a far better movie then Endgame. I actually had more fun with that then I did with Endgame.

Missing Link is also still my favorite movie this year so far (Likely to be beaten by Godzilla: King of the Monsters).

D

Deleted member

So, I mentioned offhand in one of my servers that I'm trans, and then some dude just came outta nowhere saying he wants to "study" me.

There's nothing more to this story, I just need y'all to know the kinds of creeps I deal with.

Do people not know how to interact with human beings? Regardless of his intentions, he worded it in the worst way possible.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's officially Sunday so you know what that means, 30 hours until I finally see Endgame! I can't wait until I can finally talk about it with everyone who's already seen it.

It's gonna be super exciting but none of you better spoil anything until then.
Right there with you Shoto. 24 hours from now I'll be leaving the theater.

I'm so hyped.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so I'm super late on this because April "Hey, I Have Balloons for a Chest" May, but this is uh... This is a bit yeesh, sorry to hear this.
He no joke probably looks like this when asking that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah that's freaky. You don't just approach someone and ask them that.

Especially if you were questioning whether you were trans or not (the phrasing "almost became" makes me doubt that though; it seems to paint being trans as negative, as in you "almost became one of them" or something).

I'll admit I know jack**** when it comes to trans stuff though, so I have no clue how to interpret this scenario other than the guy's weird and creepy.
My problem with that specific statement is that he's wording it as if being trans is just a choice you can wake up one day and make.

There's a lot to unpack in that guy's message, but the crux of the matter is that he's a ****in' creep.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Where are all of these Kasumi GIFs coming from?

I thought I had one. Not sure about that anymore.
Me.

No seriously, beside one, I made them all by myself on Aseprite.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh, hold up, I didn't even tell you the best part of the story.

My exact words to the guy after that message was "not when you refer to it as studying me, you creep", and what does he do afterwards?

Come right into my Discord DMs to ask his first question.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Just keep things cogent and somewhat on topic and we're good.
Ehh I break in with my own topics (Don't play Persona so I get lost often fam) plus I'm a sucker for DLC hypotheticals
Also...

This is where I'd put a cognitive thought
Screenshot_2019-04-26-19-25-39~4.png

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Yo, apparently turned out that Mystic was lying about P5S as for "Persona 5 for Swtich."

At least, we know why there was no Persona 5 for Swtich.

Looks like best buy leaks may be fake but MPT is still up in the air. so RIP P5 for Swtich.

Edit: even more proof:

Yuppp... He faked the email.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

My exact words to the guy after that message was "not when you refer to it as studying me, you creep", and what does he do afterwards?

3fd.png

Make him eat a block.

D

Deleted member

A dog barking at its own reflection has better self-awareness than this dude

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yo, apparently turned out that Mystic was lying about P5S as for "Persona 5 for Swtich."

At least, we know why there was no Persona 5 for Swtich.

Looks like best buy leaks may be fake but MPT is still up in the air. so RIP P5 for Swtich.
Remind me not to believe any leaks from Mystic again, lol.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
owo who is this April May you are talking about?
*googles*
20190427_001153.jpg

Yeah, no.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I don't think that guy has the brains to make a real research in the first place anyway, because he appearently doesn't know to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom