• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So i’ve been trying to get the achievements for beating Storm Rising on Legendary. This is the event currently running for Overwatch, and is similar to the one at this time for the previous 2 years. Each time, after working at it with friends, i’ve been usually able to get it.

In the meantime, until these friends get on, I have been attempting it with randoms online. Now, I get that playing without talking on a mic is complicated for a team based game. I’m also fortunate that I have at least 2 Heroes that I can play competently as they’re my mains (Tracer and Mercy). However, for a game that rewards acting as a team, there are some remarkably boneheaded players on this game.

For example, a heavy drops down in the center. It carries and fires two gatling guns, and is effectively an armored tank. It takes awhile to go down, and when 2 of the 4 characters in the squad are squishy you would think when Winston or Mercy say, “Group up!” the Genji and Tracer would say “Ok!” and then get out of the open space and behind a wall so that they don’t get wrecked by it.

It’s not like that’s a brilliant strategy. It’s literally basic knowledge that if something is shooting at you, you take cover. I simply don’t get what is so complicated about that aside from people wanting to be the cool cyborg ninja that dies instantly to a Gatling gun.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Man, one user really made this much of a difference on how much the thread would be thriving, huh?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*insert monotonous laughter here*
mods could you please unban faygoshill

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Guys, bringing attention to Faygoshill's ban is only going to become a point of derision to those who carry that responsibility. Just continue speaking fondly of him in his temporary absence and act like he's here (or so far away in the Himalayas or something that he's texting us randomly to share his ****posts for him).

D

Deleted member

Since thread is dead, let me use this time to talk about that cool delayed blood explosion effect. You know the one they use in anime and games all the time, including Joker's All-Out Attack
40f86c37-08c2-4cbd-a3b1-a043923dbfdf.gif
"The so-called “blood explosion” which punctuates the conclusion of Akira Kurosawa’s 1962 movie Sanjuro remains one of the most memorable and influential special effects in film history.
Production designer Yoshiro Muraki would later recall this scene was filmed in a single take. No such effect had ever been attempted before, as movies of the time rarely showed violence with graphic detail. Filled with uncertainty, Muraki worried the blood spray he’d rigged up wouldn’t impress Kurosawa, so he added an extra 30 pounds of pressure to the fluid pump. At the moment the pump was activated, the additional pressure caused the compressor hose attached to actor Tatsuya Nakadai to blow a coupling which created a slight, unintentional delay before the fake blood began to spray, and caused a much larger gush of fluid than planned. It sprayed so powerfully Nakadai claimed it almost lifted him off the ground. His heart sinking, as he believed the delay and over-pressure had ruined the effect, Muraki nervously glanced at director Akira Kurosawa, but Kurosawa only nodded in approval.
"

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Y'all getting antsy at a little inactivity.

You merely adopted the quiet.

I was born in the silence, molded by it.

I didn't see a ****post until I was already a man.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Guys, bringing attention to Faygoshill's ban is only going to become a point of derision to those who carry that responsibility. Just continue speaking fondly of him in his temporary absence and act like he's here (or so far away in the Himalayas or something that he's texting us randomly to share his ****posts for him).
This, and i’m sure you all can come up with stuff to talk about. Faygo posted quite a bit, but they were a lot of ****posts. We can come up with plenty to discuss.

1) Your day so far
2) Your favorite game
3) Smash Bros
4) Games you’re interested in but aren’t sure about playing yet

There’s many more things to list, but i’ll stop there. You guys are creative enough.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Howdy, folks.
Since thread is dead, let me use this time to talk about that cool delayed blood explosion effect. You know the one they use in anime and games all the time, including Joker's All-Out Attack
"The so-called “blood explosion” which punctuates the conclusion of Akira Kurosawa’s 1962 movie Sanjuro remains one of the most memorable and influential special effects in film history.
Production designer Yoshiro Muraki would later recall this scene was filmed in a single take. No such effect had ever been attempted before, as movies of the time rarely showed violence with graphic detail. Filled with uncertainty, Muraki worried the blood spray he’d rigged up wouldn’t impress Kurosawa, so he added an extra 30 pounds of pressure to the fluid pump. At the moment the pump was activated, the additional pressure caused the compressor hose attached to actor Tatsuya Nakadai to blow a coupling which created a slight, unintentional delay before the fake blood began to spray, and caused a much larger gush of fluid than planned. It sprayed so powerfully Nakadai claimed it almost lifted him off the ground. His heart sinking, as he believed the delay and over-pressure had ruined the effect, Muraki nervously glanced at director Akira Kurosawa, but Kurosawa only nodded in approval.
"
That's a cool bit of trivia.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Reminds me that I actually thought of ideas for full Nintendo representation in future Project X Zone games.

Legend of Zelda: Zelda & Impa
Kid Icarus: Pit and Dark Pit
Shin Onigashima Kouhen: Donbe & Hikari
Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru: Prince of Sablé
Fire Emblem: Roy and Lyn, Alm & Celica,
Sin & Punishment: Saki and Airan
Golden Sun: Isaac and Felix
Zangeki no Reginleiv: Frey and Freya
Xenoblade Chronicles: Rex & Pyra, Nia & Dromarch,
ARMS: Spring Man and Ribbon Girl
Legend of Zelda: Link (uses Navi to communicate)
Metroid: Samus Aran
Punch Out: Little Mac (uses Doc Louis to communicate)
Kid Icarus: Magnus, Phosphora
The Mysterious Murasame Castle: Takamaru
Advance Wars: Andy
F-Zero: Captain Falcon
Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Tiki
Custom Robo: Ray MK III
Captain Rainbow: Captain Rainbow
Xenoblade Chronicles: Elma
I always felt like Isaac and Saki would make great solo units. The animations being lifted straight from their assist trophy animations.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Guys, @faygoshill was automatically handed a temporary ban because he'd gotten too many infractions for various times he toed the line too closely. No mod actually banned him, he just collected six before any of them expired and then that's what the forum does. He'll be back when the first of those infractions expires, which is soon.

Please stop with the #freefaygo or whatever. It's just an automatic process. This is what infractions are for and why y'all should try not to get them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
How we didn't see that earlier...

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
This, and i’m sure you all can come up with stuff to talk about. Faygo posted quite a bit, but they were a lot of ****posts. We can come up with plenty to discuss.

1) Your day so far
2) Your favorite game
3) Smash Bros

There’s many more things to list, but i’ll stop there. You guys are creative enough.
Ok new topic idea, and be honest

Who do you want for Smash DLC that no one really talks about but you're too afraid to be the first one to make a support thread

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
"
Low-key standing there after that geyser of blood like...
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 2.01.26 PM.png

1) Your day so far
2) Your favorite game
3) Smash Bros

There's a storm over here, so I'm pretty much stuck home until the rain and thunder stops. Also, no Avengers for me for a while, so bad day by default >:v

I guess Xenoblade 2 would be my favorite based on investment toward it and how much it influenced game-based discussions for me. There's just so much to it that I can go on talking about it positively.

We've pretty much exhausted all talk besides Sword!Gohan, 5ch leaks, hypothetical fighter's passes, and one blocky boi.

I'm interested in Sword & Shield, but I wanna wait and see if all the stuff they do with the games is worth purchasing them. I want the same quality meat that Black & White came with.

D

Deleted member

Who do you want for Smash DLC that no one really talks about but you're too afraid to be the first one to make a support thread
if you don't know my answer, you're obviously new here

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I always felt like Isaac and Saki would make great solo units. The animations being lifted straight from their assist trophy animations.
I mean I want Isaac to do a lot more with Venus Psyenergy. I guess it would depend on what the developers would think is best but I still think they could do their assist attacks and stuff even in pairs.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Are people just oblivious to how the ban system works? I thought it was just a meme but I guess it just be that way. :drshrug:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
1) Your day so far
Waking up far too early on a workday. Slight anxiety and depressive concerns. Sorting a bunch of downloaded stuff. Chili. Putting off journalling for the third or fourth time in a row. Missing some people. A few other things I refuse to disclose.

Normal Friday.

2) Your favorite game
If I had to pick the one nearest and dearest to my heart personally, it'd be Wild Arms.

But I couldn't rightly call it my favorite (BotW and P5 both rank higher there, for example) and as I like different games for different reasons I'd be hard pressed to come up with one I could.

3) Smash Bros
**** yeah Smash Bros.

Don't have any presently.

Open to suggestion.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
"
Pretty cool to learn that, I’m surprised how a lot of iconic moments and scenes happen by complete accident.

That reminds me, in my Sonic fighting game ideas I had Joker also do an all-out attack for his level 3 special and I had in mind instead of blood it would be so the opponent would lose rings like in the Sonic games instead.

D

Deleted member

1) Your day so far
2) Your favorite game
3) Smash Bros

Lazy, I'm being lazy all day I just woke up in fact I'm gonna go see Endgame on Monday which is exciting.

Mother 3 & SMRPG, Those games are absolutely fantastic.

I want Geno in Smash but Erdrick will get in but Joker is fun, I like him.

I want to play the Resident Evil franchise but I don't have any console that would play it except for my laptop and that doesn't work at all, I'm waiting for them to be dropped on the E-Shop to pick them up.

osby

Smash Obsessed

1) Your day so far
2) Your favorite game
3) Smash Bros

1. Watched the Endgame, still trying to recover. Otherwise it wasn't exciting, but I don't get out of my room too often so that was a nice change of pace.
  2. Ultimate decrowned Brawl in terms of gameplay. Though my favorite video game story is still Persona 3, with 4 as a close second.
  3. So why Corrin promoting a game is a bad thing but Joker not promoting a game is also a bad thing?
  4. Not sure if Cyber Shadow is worth it, but I might pick it up in summer.
My question: What's your favorite stage and why it is Mementos?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So why Corrin promoting a game is a bad thing but Joker not promoting a game is also a bad thing?
no one likes fire emblem

everyone loves anime batman joestar

this is common knowledge

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Come on I think everyone here knows by now that my most wanted character is without a doubt Geno.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

__arcueid_brunestud_tsukihime__bf26173f196699ad780e638951630073.jpg

If you don't know who she is, then that alone answers that question.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Come on I think everyone here knows by now that my most wanted character is without a doubt Geno.
Nuh uh uh, not what I said me boi. A character without support--that you're too scared to admit you want for Smash. Everybody wants Geno, there will be a real life Purge if no Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom