• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If we’re only getting Triforce wielders as fighters, I’ll gladly take this Ganon too:

The boss fights with this version have a lot of moveset potential.
Been waiting for that guy for years. Classic/Pig Ganon please stab me with your trident.

Shroob

Sup?
Uh, can I get a source on that last bit?
Dunno if it's true or not, but animators make **** all the time for fun that's never meant to be seen by the general public.

Like that episode of Dexter's Lab which featured swearing and flipping the bird that finally got shown awhile back on Adult Swim.

D

Deleted member

I couldn't resist and looked at Endgame spoilers, I dont mind them but its pretty much a **** move to tell people who don't want to be spoiled.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's sort of the consequence of very few returning characters in the context of a multi-series crossover. It's easy to say, "Wow, Mario could have Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, Rosalina...ect ect." "Sonic could have Tails, Knuckles, Eggman ect ect." Or "I want Mega Man EXE and Zero...**** YOU!! The GBA was Great System!! It Had good games!! Should have called it the SNES 2!" And as you said, Metroid and DK had characters that felt like they were missing, in the case of Ridley, K.Rool and I would say Dark Samus and Dixie as well, with the last one still not playable. Or Kirby with B.Dee being in so many recent titles in some capacity.

If this were like FE or FF, where the main cast is constantly changing, this wouldn't be an issue. The newest protag could be in or something. But Zelda changes a lot of it's characters, while Link, Zelda and Ganon are constants or near constants. It makes the rest of them seem not as worthwhile in this particular context.

Like, there's only 2 people who'd like "Demon Train Chancellor Man" from Spirit Tracks for example, and that's being real generous. At least the likes of Midna, Skull Kid, Impa and to a lesser extent Vaati have had solid and consistent support. And even then, there's still 2D era Ganon who could be a cool character to people.
Meanwhile FE has the opposite problem where they have so many protagonist that they couldn't possibly fit more in, much less a new villain to round things out. Its in a spot where non-FE fans want less and hardcore FE fans want more...or fight over who deserves to be "cut" to 'fit" more.
I'd be 100 percent ok if smash bros cut all the failed series

and it only had reps from mario and the extended Mario universe, pokemon, zelda, animal crossing, and splatoon, and fire emblem becuase the mobile game.
You might be cool with that but they would be riots in the streets if they cut Captain Falcon from the game. Besides, seemingly dead franchises can be unexpectedly revived at any time expect Mother.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
A stage isn't even close to comparable to a character, even a damn echo is more preferable.

You're going to be picking that specific stage only a small amount of time, and that stage is probably going to have a layout that you don't like unless you just filter it into Battlefield/Omega where it may as well be the same as any other stage.
Meanwhile look at a character which has an entire moveset, taunts, victory animations, voicelines, several skins, actual fan followings, and the ability to play them whenever someone pleases, and it's not even close.

But sure, I guess if you get a stage, you're represented, which means you're better off than most franchises on the planet.

obligatory subjective opinion notice.
I wish we were able to play as Final Destination

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Zelda is in that weird spot where it has a ton of popular characters, but not a single absolute "must have". It's not like Metroid or DK where pre Riddle/Krool we could go "where's this specific very important character?"

It doesn't help how much the clone situation complicates things either. Even if it'd ve appreciated, I don't think people would really be satisfied just by an Impa echo alone.
This is where I stand. Zelda is my favorite franchise out of any that are in Smash, but I don't even know what I'd want out of another Zelda character. Adding another just because the Zelda franchise as a whole is popular isn't something I'd considered.

D

Deleted member

Dunno if it's true or not, but animators make **** all the time for fun that's never meant to be seen by the general public.

Like that episode of Dexter's Lab which featured swearing and flipping the bird that finally got shown awhile back on Adult Swim.
That disappointed me, not that the episode existed but rather that the episode was quite tame and boring outside the swearing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If I accidentally spoiled someone I am sorry that was not my intention I put that behind three layers of spoiler tags I thought that would've been okay I guess not though I should've known better.
I mean, it's okay but I don't get why you posted spoilers in here right after learning it upset you.

I wish we were able to play as Final Destination
Ugh, Sakurai keep putting characters from games he worked on, where is my obscure Kirby character?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
the hard truth is botw sold well enouph that Zelda deserves evreything it has and much more
1556169811714.png

You know, I WANT to poke holes in the logic here, I have things I'm ready to say and everything.

But I'm pretty sure I distinctly remember you as SmashERA's Zelda stan so I'm pretty sure it'd be cooler to just skip debate altogether and encourage you to roost here on the side instead LOL. This thread's pretty top tier TBH.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Meanwhile FE has the opposite problem where they have so many protagonist that they couldn't possibly fit more in, much less a new villain to round things out. Its in a spot where non-FE fans want less and hardcore FE fans want more...or fight over who deserves to be "cut" to 'fit" more.

You might be cool with that but they would be riots in the streets if they cut Captain Falcon from the game. Besides, seemingly dead franchises can be unexpectedly revived at any time expect Mother.
Right, and since so many protags in FE wield swords(and have blue hair usually), it makes them seem the same from a surface level. Of course, Ike won't fight exactly like Marth, nor would Lyn, who's more of a Samurai type than a Fencer or Knight. Though we only got so many due to clones anyhow.

Even if we did get a Villain, it's likely that Black Knight would be chosen as he could be made to be an Ike clone, since the two wield complimenting blades, and are rivals. But perhaps with his own unique traits thrown in, much like Roy was back in the day before he stood out a little more.

D

Deleted member

I mean, it's okay but I don't get why you posted spoilers in here right after learning it upset you.
Exactly I should've known better but I was upset so I wasn't thinking in the moment and I was dumb for doing that which is why I'm embarrassed for doing that.

I should've been more thoughtful of others and been more careful cause I wouldn't want to accidentally spoil the film for others, I really am sorry for that I did something super dumb.

Shroob

Sup?
Exactly I should've known better but I was upset so I wasn't thinking in the moment and I was dumb for doing that which is why I'm embarrassed for doing that.

I should've been more thoughtful of others and been more careful cause I wouldn't want to accidentally spoil the film for others, I really am sorry for that I did something super dumb.
Someone learning from their mistakes?

Rare sight nowadays.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Moral of the story: Making a perfect roster is impossible and there will always be upset fans because over personal opinions and preferences.
Does the female pokemon trainer yell,"You're naked Charizard!" at the victory screen?
It's actually "you're amazing Charizard!".

...Although he is naked. They should fix that and give all pokemon some hat alts like Pika and Puff.

D

Deleted member

This is where I stand. Zelda is my favorite franchise out of any that are in Smash, but I don't even know what I'd want out of another Zelda character. Adding another just because the Zelda franchise as a whole is popular isn't something I'd considered.
Thats my problem as well, the Zelda franchise in general has fantastic characters that could fit in Smash, but dunno which I would even add to the game. I wouldn't like to add a character only to add a character, as I feel that considering most of the characters I like are pretty much one-offs and I would prefer to see them again in a mainline title before seeing them in a game Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
zelda as a franchise is well-represented on its own

:ulttoonlink: they just arent :ultyounglink: making the movesets :ultganondorf: based completely for them

and maybe :ultsheik: too idk

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Thank God I missed the spoilers. I mean, technically, being a mod I can still go look at them if I really wanted.

@ShotoStar

Don't feel bad about it, man. What happened happened. Only thing I have to say is that, when mods delete posts, or issue warnings, or edit them, we HAVE to see the contents. The site shows it to us. We have no choice. So posting ANY spoilers at all is going to be rough for the Mods. Just a heads up.

Sorry you got spoiled osby osby . Thanks for taking one for the team.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
DO IT I BELIEVE IN YOU
O

I
T

I

B
E
L
I
E
V
E

I
N

Y
O
U
If you're interested, then go for it. Don't join it to win, join it for the experience. Playing Smash with people in person is just so much more fun then doing it online.

I should clear my schedule for my local weeklies at some point.
I don't see why not if you aren't busy then I say you should go for it and I totally believe you have what it takes to win.

Your Ultimate Skills are seriously impressive and I would even say you're one of if not the best person I've played against, You can do it and I say go for it!
I appreciate the feedback guys. I'll wait a little bit longer to see if anything pops up and if not, I'll register. I've got till the 1st, and the player cap hasn't been reached, so I got some time.

Someone learning from their mistakes?

Rare sight nowadays.
It's one of the main reason why I like this site compared to most other forums.

People, for the most part, are more considerate regarding others and will apologize if they make a mistake.

D

Deleted member

Thank God I missed the spoilers. I mean, technically, being a mod I can still go look at them if I really wanted.

@ShotoStar

Don't feel bad about it, man. What happened happened. Only thing I have to say is that, when mods delete posts, or issue warnings, or edit them, we HAVE to see the contents. The site shows it to us. We have no choice. So posting ANY spoilers at all is going to be rough for the Mods. Just a heads up.

Oh I didn't know that.. I'm super sorry, I won't ever do it again I promise I really didn't mean to spoil anyone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
lol i actually got spoiled too

when instagram introduced the quizzes, my buddy made an endgame-themed quiz and i chose the meme thanos butthole answer when he literally just spoils every event with every other answer without me recognizing before its too late

thanks jordan you ****

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Um, I actually didn't see any spoilers. I was just talking hypothetically.

Thanks for the concern though.

Thats my problem as well, the Zelda franchise in general has fantastic characters that could fit in Smash, but dunno which I would even add to the game. I wouldn't like to add a character only to add a character, as I feel that considering most of the characters I like are pretty much one-offs and I would prefer to see them again in a mainline title before seeing them in a game Smash.
Something something bring Midna back.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I swear I read a story like that somewhere...

:dr^_^:
I'd keep going along with this joke but I suspect some people in this thread probably think I'm a closet scalie.

Actually on second thought maybe I shouldn't have made that joke in the first place.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i may have been spoiled but at least i didnt see how it was played out on screen

i can only hope it is done well and pretend to be surprised when i go with the boys to the theater

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It'd be cool if one of the Links did use some stuff like the Fire Rod, Spinner, Pegasus Boots, Roc's Cape or Hammer, but also making said character cohesive is a bit tricky.

D

Deleted member

i may have been spoiled but at least i didnt see how it was played out on screen

i can only hope it is done well and pretend to be surprised when i go with the boys to the theater
Well I got spoiled last time to all the deaths and it still got a reaction out of me so I can hope the same thing happens here and I didn't actually see any video of the thing I spoiled I only say a screen cap of it and someone saying it happened.

All things considered it could've been worse I could've seen the actual scene so I don't know the circumstances or anything surrounding it only that it happens, I hope they do the scenario justice.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It'd be cool if one of the Links did use some stuff like the Fire Rod, Spinner, Pegasus Boots, Roc's Cape or Hammer, but also making said character cohesive is a bit tricky.
Sorry, we'd have to add Retro Link to make that work. :link:

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's why I'm not huge on trying to cram all their canon items into Links' movesets. They already have functional movesets, not much point of referencing for the referencing's sake.

BotW Link was a cool new spin while keeping the base intact, so I'd be okay if they did something like that with other Links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom