• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's why I'm not huge on trying to cram all their canon items into Links' movesets. They already have functional movesets, not much point of referencing for the referencing's sake.

BotW Link was a cool new spin while keeping the base intact, so I'd be okay if they did something like that with other Links.
Majoras mask liiiiiiiiiiiiink

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
if sakurai doesnt care about ganon why would he care about young link
He wouldn't, but a guy can dream.

I will say though, for as HW makes me want to melt my brains, he's got a ton of references there that I wish carried over to Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He wouldn't, but a guy can dream.

I will say though, for as HW makes me want to melt my brains, he's got a ton of references there that I wish carried over to Smash.
don't bully hyrule warriors, it has l'oreal ganondorf, everyone's favorite ganondorf

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
don't bully hyrule warriors, it has l'oreal ganondorf, everyone's favorite ganondorf
All Warriors games make me feel this way.

I go in thinking I'm gonna have a good time beating up mobs, but really it's just management simulator.
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

Animations are sick as **** though. Ganondorf throws his trident and then teleports to it? Damn that's cool.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Warriors games feels like they prioritize style over substance, tbh. Though style is really freaking good.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Best thing about HW is ganondorf I agree lol

Other than that I really don’t feel like going back to play it

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Warriors games feels like they prioritize style over substance, tbh. Though style is really freaking good.
Not quite.

All Warriors games make me feel this way.

I go in thinking I'm gonna have a good time beating up mobs, but really it's just management simulator.
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.

Animations are sick as **** though. Ganondorf throws his trident and then teleports to it? Damn that's cool.
It really is a management simulator.

You have to think about where to go and judge time accordingly.

It's surprisingly deep.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Best thing about HW is ganondorf I agree lol

Other than that I really don’t feel like going back to play it
Everytime I think I want to go back to that game I think,
"Hold on Idon, are you sure you want to go back to the game that has 7 maps with a ton of grids and those grids are locked behind items, just so you can see some pretty animations? Are you prepared to sit through the BS that is trying to beat up a boss repeating one combo over and over again while also managing your useless AI companions? Are you prepared to balance defending your own forts with attacking enemy forts while dealing with the minibosses along the way? Do you want to pursue Lu Bu?"

And the answer is no. Every single time.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Warriors games aren't for everyone.

But they are for me.

So **** off.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think Cyn Cyn and @Moydow would be invited too- just as guests

I just so happened to think of both at the same time it’s just coincidence they’re both admins lol
What are we talking about. I’m in way too much pain to focus enough to scroll around searching.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What are we talking about. I’m in way too much pain to focus enough to scroll around searching.
TB was talking about Smashboards users they would invite to their wedding if they could.

D

Deleted member

"Man, I'm surprised they went up and announced Mario Maker 2's release date. They probably are gonna do a quick showcase at E3 pro--"

Nintendo:

Directs are shaking nervously right now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry you are in pain.

Was musing about a hypothetical invite list for my wedding if I was restricted to SmashBoards friends only

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
TB was talking about Smashboards users they would invite to their wedding if they could.
Sorry you are in pain.

Was musing about a hypothetical invite list for my wedding if I was restricted to SmashBoards friends only
Thanks. I’m walking around with a cane. Feel like a grandma.

Oh. Thank you. I’m honored you’d invite me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder though, Will IS surprise us with something to celebrate the crossover in heroes? Because right now it seems to only affect DL.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm hoping it's the inevitable fighting game, but I don't know of any word that has to do with fighting or arenas that starts with "S"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm hoping it's the inevitable fighting game, but I don't know of any word that has to do with fighting or arenas that starts with "S"
persona 5 smackdown
persona 5 strength test the ultimax arena in shinjuku golden

persona 5 smash

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
persona 5 smackdown
persona 5 strength test the ultimax arena in shinjuku golden
Persona 5 Stadium.

Which makes me think of Pokemon Stadium more than anything.

D

Deleted member

Slaughter

Because that's what you can do AND MORE WHEN JOKER AND MORGANA ARRIVES IN BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man it's so weird when you look at Persona content and just hear really weird Engrish all day and suddenly you stumble upon an interview with Lotus Juice and he speaks with like a perfect American accent.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Man it's so weird when you look at Persona content and just hear really weird Engrish all day and suddenly you stumble upon an interview with Lotus Juice and he speaks with like a perfect American accent.
lotus juice speaking perfect english is one of those things that really shouldn't surprise me considering it's his entire job

but it still does

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just surprised we didn't get Sharena.

Alfonse by himself is kind of lonely.

Poor Anna would have been forgotten anyways sadly.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh hey I got pranked.
Huh, wondered why it took me so long to notice.

Anyway, might as well lean into it.
Introducing Bunny-fiend.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

So this is a thing
What's really nice about this is that with the update that brings these characters in, they made some substantial changes to the summoning system. They killed the summonable Wyrmprints and moved them to the shop, which was the biggest complaint, upped the amount of Eldwater you get to use to promote characters with, are giving out a huge amount of compensation Eldwater for previous summons to all players, and slashed the summoning requirements by a fifth. They made the summon system a lot more inviting to all players, which is a perfect way to lead in to the crossover since many new players may want to check out the game with it.

As for the Crossover itself, I'm looking forward to the new mode. It looks like a tower of defense type thing, which with DL's gameplay should be fun to play. I also am pleasantly surprised Marth was chosen for the game since I thought they'd stick with the OCs, but getting him is a nice nod to the rest of the series as well as giving him some love considering his bad luck in Heroes. Alfonse and Veronica are also great to see, though I'm curious how they'll implement the latter since there's not a proper mage class in the game.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Waitaminute, didn't we go through most of the songs in the concert already? Multiple times?

Are they gonna have even more remixes or what?

D

Deleted member

Found out about Ace Attorney Online.

Pretty damn good dramatization of the past year and a month of this/ese thread(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom