• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ugh, I really want to know who the second DLC character in the fighter pass is. I wonder how soon it will be before we see that character?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ugh, I really want to know who the second DLC character in the fighter pass is. I wonder how soon it will be before we see that character?
My guess for the second character is we'll get Joker's release date in March, then April we'll receive info on #2

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Iirc one of Sora's earlier designs had him with like a lion tail and some furry features so that was almost a thing originally. Think his keyblade was going to be part chainsaw too from what I remember. Think 1.5 had a picture of it in its artbook.
View attachment 189635

Also yeah lol I would want the furry world. Legitimately like that movie a lot so that helps
Ooooh yeah I forgot that was his first design lol I say they could of kept the lion look but with his now design, it would of looked great. And tbh, I wouldnt mind a zootopia world myself, I just know fanart will be wild lol

Iridium

Smash Hero
Now they need to buff Cloud's recovery. Having to rely on Limit just so you can recover is awful.
A tiny vertical boost couldn't hurt, and he especially needs some horizontal drift afterwards if he's not getting any of that during the move. Limit got toned down so much already that I think he should be able to keep it for a little longer.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The spambots appear to be running amok again. Someone get a few Phlogs out there and get em!

R O F L

Smash Ace
I am now elite with Bowser, Dr. Mario, Samus, Ridley, and Piranha Plant.

Now I don't want to use them because I don't want to lose the elite status :upsidedown:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I am now elite with Bowser, Dr. Mario, Samus, Ridley, and Piranha Plant.

Now I don't want to use them because I don't want to lose the elite status :upsidedown:
I'm only Elite with Duck Hunt.

Chances of me running Duck Hunt: 0.00000000000000%.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Final Fantasy VII for Switch is coming soon. Maybe a Direct is closer than we expect?

At this point, I'm looking so deep into stuff just so I can find some hint of a Direct...

R O F L

Smash Ace
SSBU has already sold 12 million copies.
This game is only another million copies away from beating Brawl, which is the best selling fighting game of all time.

This makes me think Nintendo isn't letting DLC support stop after the fight pass :p

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Final Fantasy VII for Switch is coming soon. Maybe a Direct is closer than we expect?

At this point, I'm looking so deep into stuff just so I can find some hint of a Direct...
Here's how deep I look.

• Valentine's Day is February 14th, a Thursday.
  • Last Direct that was on a U.S. Holiday was April Fool's Day, a Wednesday
  • Thus, we will get our next direct on a Tuesday.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

"I have the day off, next Thursday, so obviously, there's gonna be a Direct, then"
This game is only another million copies away from beating Brawl, which is the best selling fighting game of all time.

This makes me think Nintendo isn't letting DLC support stop after the fight pass :p
Will you guys, let the man take a break for once?!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm feeling like it'll be next Direct now. Like, how they showed Lucas when they were revealing the Mewtwo release date way back in the yesteryear of 2015...

It's been over 4 ****ing years since Smash For released...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

"I wonder if I'll ever get to take a break."

D

Deleted member

That's not how it works, kiddo. :V

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Would that mean Halo would be represented by the music?

Cause if so, that'd be rad
Yes. I really want music from KI2013 in Smash.
I don't think this makes much sense. If Banjo were to get in, they wouldn't give him a Minecraft stage... Banjo would get a stage from his series just like every other character in the fighters pass.
I totally get it. And that's what I'd prefer. But I also think it's likely that Nintendo might demand that people know this is a Microsoft character first and foremost. Upfront. Especially sense a lot of people aren't going to know or remember him. They wouldn't want any confusion thinking that Nintendo owns him now sense the franchise has been dormant.

Also, how many kids are gonna buy the pack just because of the Minecraft stage. It will give us a character we've been dreaming of sense the N64, and gives the kidenns something that they recognize. It's trying to please both sides of the isle.

I'd still infinitly prefer a stage based on Banjo-Kazooie itself though. Those worlds are half of the reason I love that game to begin with. I'm just trying to think about it like a business person.

Erdrick: Unexpected because of his lack of western popularity, but a beloved Japanese icon that will sell.
Solaire: Unexpected because Dark Souls is so against Smash tonally, but will sell well because Dark Souls.
Crash Bandicoot: Unexpected because his brand is so closely associated with PlayStation (just like Snake, Cloud, and Joker). But his extreme popularity in both regions and the huge sales numbers of the N. Sane trilogy indicate it would sell well.
Banjo and Kazooie: A nostalgic pic for many a gamer who grew up with the N64, the same demographic Mario Odyssey indicated Nintendo is switching their focus towards the way they've been doing with NES Mario for years. Unexpected because the franchise is dormant and owned by a competing studio, but has high demand within the Smash community (I'd bet money on him placing within the top 10 Smash Ballot requests) and coupling that together with Minecraft content (either as the only stage or as the stage that fills the mysterious sixth slot, coming free in the BK package) will likely result in sales at least as good as Erdrick.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Will you guys, let the man take a break for once?!
I love how people say this when people who work normal jobs' break are like a max of 2 weeks a year. Like, he's a man. He can take his break whenever he damn well pleases. It's not in his job description that he's not allowed to go on vacation, y'know.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
does nobody remember anything pre-december 2018
Honestly, that crying meme face came up so often that I started skipping over any post with memes in like that in it. So if you're guilty of using that then I'm guilty of ignoring some of your posts. Whoops.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I love how people say this when people who work normal jobs' break are like a max of 2 weeks a year. Like, he's a man. He can take his break whenever he damn well pleases. It's not in his job description that he's not allowed to go on vacation, y'know.
Well, let's be fair. He's a man with a destructive work habit. Man works himself literally to death at times.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Other developers work continuously on project after project. if Sakurai's overworked he should learn to delegate his responsibilities to others.

D

Deleted member

I just finished a Mean girls game tie in it's really bad its pretty much just a bunch of mini games and I guess they are kinda fun...

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is the same man, who's known to literally risk his health, to get his games done
Yeah but that's his choice. Does that make him a Legendary developer? Hell ****ing yeah, but it's not a requirement.

Edit::ultgreninja:'d so ****ing hard.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, that crying meme face came up so often that I started skipping over any post with memes in like that in it. So if you're guilty of using that then I'm guilty of ignoring some of your posts. Whoops.
dont make fun of wojak, he's pure and heartbroken!!!

wojak.jpg

Yeah but that's his choice. Does that make him a Legendary developer? Hell ****ing yeah, but it's not a requirement.
i wonder if he worked as hard on kirby as he did smash back in the olden days

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's no Steve support thread.

I was considering turning over to the dark side, but I can't even find the dark side so nevermind then :drshrug:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
i wonder if he worked as hard on kirby as he did smash back in the olden days
"I remember getting very frustrated that the Gourmet Race theme never sounded like I wanted it to, that I lost circulation in my left leg"

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

It’s nice to dream

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's no Steve support thread.

I was considering turning over to the dark side, but I can't even find the dark side so nevermind then :drshrug:
IIRC, there were plenty of Steve threads. They all just got nuked over people being salty or something

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm feeling like it'll be next Direct now. Like, how they showed Lucas when they were revealing the Mewtwo release date way back in the yesteryear of 2015...

It's been over 4 ****ing years since Smash For released...
Possibly, but man, what a drought! Not saying it is so, but out of curiosity, do anyone else think of this drought as torture? Just to be clear, I don't.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Sakurai could up and leave if Nintendo did a season 2. He does not own the IP and Nintendo have a creative team in Namco to use.

With Iwata no longer around I do think they could be ruthless enough if it came to that.

I would be disappointed if Nintendo stopped the DLC moneymaker because their contractor wants out. Respect does not get you anywhere in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom